Goku's Feats

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Re: Goku's Feats

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:43 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:I realize that this forum is old, but I'd like to contribute Goku's most insane feat yet. He literally shakes infinity. In episode 110 of Dragon Ball Super, Goku emerges from the rubble form his fight with Jiren and without powering up, without charging an attack. From merely EXISTING Goku shakes the entire world of void, a dimension or plane of existence which is infinite. It is stated that the whole world of void dimension was shaking. Not the arena. Not the space around them. The entire infinite dimension.
That feat is about as reliable to scale as everyone in the arena breaking Katchi Katchin like it was regular rock. It makes zero sense even within the context of DB.
Since when does something have to make sense for it to be reliable to scale? A lot of stuff in the Dragon ball series doesn't make any sense either, so what's the exception here?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:56 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:I realize that this forum is old, but I'd like to contribute Goku's most insane feat yet. He literally shakes infinity. In episode 110 of Dragon Ball Super, Goku emerges from the rubble form his fight with Jiren and without powering up, without charging an attack. From merely EXISTING Goku shakes the entire world of void, a dimension or plane of existence which is infinite. It is stated that the whole world of void dimension was shaking. Not the arena. Not the space around them. The entire infinite dimension.
That feat is about as reliable to scale as everyone in the arena breaking Katchi Katchin like it was regular rock. It makes zero sense even within the context of DB.
Since when does something have to make sense for it to be reliable to scale? A lot of stuff in the Dragon ball series doesn't make any sense either, so what's the exception here?
I think it's more that there are degrees of sense. And the more sensible something is, the easier it is to analyze.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:57 pm

Why do people claim Goku and Vegeta are "multiversal" when it was never stated they were and the only character who can actually destroy multiple universes is Zen-Oh (and technically Tori-Bot too)? Are people just getting this stuff from seththeprogrammer who of course we know doesn't just pull random numbers and "facts" out of his butt?

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:47 am

Nokra wrote:Why do people claim Goku and Vegeta are "multiversal" when it was never stated they were and the only character who can actually destroy multiple universes is Zen-Oh (and technically Tori-Bot too)? Are people just getting this stuff from seththeprogrammer who of course we know doesn't just pull random numbers and "facts" out of his butt?
First off, I haven't seen anyone that says Goku and Vegeta are multiversal have any feats to back it up. Second off, nice attack on Seth there with no discernable reason.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:44 am

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Like I said, it makes zero sense even within the context of DB. Scaling infinity is absurd, to begin with. What stops us from saying UI Omen Goku > Grand Priest then?

Might as well say that Kefla's power is limitless since SSG Goku sense no limit to her rising power.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:36 am

Rakurai wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Like I said, it makes zero sense even within the context of DB. Scaling infinity is absurd, to begin with. What stops us from saying UI Omen Goku > Grand Priest then?

Might as well say that Kefla's power is limitless since SSG Goku sense no limit to her rising power.
You do know that in fictional scaling there are tiers to infinity, right?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:50 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
If there are, they are just as stupid.

Tiers to infinity? What does that even mean? Actually, I don't want to know. It would probably just as stupid to rationalize as an infinite void shaking.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:14 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:

Tiers to infinity? What does that even mean? Actually, I don't want to know. It would probably just as stupid to rationalize as an infinite void shaking.
I don't think you are the type of person to be power scaling.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:44 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:

Actually it does make sense mathematically, using ordinal logic. But most fictional settings don't apply it accurately.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:57 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:

power scaling does not particularly refer to discussing astronomy and manipulation of physics. Or at least, not unless you subscribe to the notions of those ridiculous youtubers

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:09 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Rakurai wrote:

power scaling does not particularly refer to discussing astronomy and manipulation of physics. Or at least, not unless you subscribe to the notions of those ridiculous youtubers
Excuse me for preferring to use logic over the inconsistently retarded statements in the show.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Excuse me for preferring for preferring to use logic over the inconsistently retarded statements in the show.
I don't think you are the type of person to judge that if you're going to use something as absurd as 'infinity tier.'

Destructive feats are not powerscaling. You can't gauge how strong someone is relative to another based off destructive feats.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Excuse me for preferring for preferring to use logic over the inconsistently retarded statements in the show.
I don't think you are the type of person to judge that if you're going to use something as absurd as 'infinity tier.'

Destructive feats are not power scaling. You can't gauge how strong someone is relative to another based off destructive feats.
First off, just cause you don´t understand something doesn´t make it absurd. Second off, that is what is used for power scaling all the time. Saying destructive feats can´t be used to gauge someone would completely discredit characters like Zeno whos only feats are destroying things.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote: First off, just cause you don´t understand something doesn´t make it absurd. Second off, that is what is used for power scaling all the time. Saying destructive feats can´t be used to gauge someone would completely discredit characters like Zeno whos only feats are destroying things.
You must be one of those people who claim base Super Goku >>>>>>>>>> anything in GT since universal quakes, or SSJ Broly >>>>>>>>> anything in Z since galaxy busting?

Zeno is a weak piece of shit, he has universal haxxx but by all rights he can logically get blitzed by Dyspo since he's too fast for him.

I powerscale by character feats upon one another. If A is stronger than B who is stronger than C, then A is stronger than C. Not environmental destruction or spacetime warping which is extremely inconsistent and far more unreliable.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:51 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote: First off, just cause you don´t understand something doesn´t make it absurd. Second off, that is what is used for power scaling all the time. Saying destructive feats can´t be used to gauge someone would completely discredit characters like Zeno whos only feats are destroying things.
You must be one of those people who claim base Super Goku >>>>>>>>>> anything in GT since universal quakes, or SSJ Broly >>>>>>>>> anything in Z since galaxy busting?

Zeno is a weak piece of shit, he has universal haxx but by all rights, he can logically get blitzed by Dyspo since he's too fast for him.

I powerscale by character feats upon one another. If A is stronger than B who is stronger than C, then A is stronger than C. Not environmental destruction or spacetime warping which is extremely inconsistent and far more unreliable.
That may work in series, but if you try to scale Goku to people outside of dragon ball, that won't work. Like for example, Goku vs Superman. Since no one in Dragon ball has fought anyone from the DC universe, your method fails. And it's only inconsistent if you don´t know what you are doing. Any competent powerscaler can do it in a way so that its accurate to the series. Based on the A > B > C, so A> C method, Goku being universal has no proof. He´s not been directly shown to be stronger than beerus, he's definitely not stronger than Zeno. Without using my method, Goku can´t legitimately be scaled to universal.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
That may work in series, but if you try to scale Goku to people outside of dragon ball, that won't work. Like for example, Goku vs Superman. Since no one in Dragon ball has fought anyone from the DC universe, your method fails. And it's only inconsistent if you don´t know what you are doing. Any competent powerscaler can do it in a way so that its accurate to the series. Based on the A > B > C, so A> C method, Goku being universal has no proof. He´s not been directly shown to be stronger than beerus, he's definitely not stronger than Zeno. Without using my method, Goku can´t legitimately be scaled to universal.
I really don't care about planet or universal classifications or comparing DB to any other series. I only really care about how strong characters are relative to each other within the DB franchise, whenever possible. Characters are not meant to ever be compared outside of their continuities, or classified as "universal," that's all fandom talk in the end.

You're making the same mistake that Goku made when Whis told him off about gauging Zeno's power.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:27 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:

Destructive feats are not power scaling. You can't gauge how strong someone is relative to another based off destructive feats.
First off, just cause you don´t understand something doesn´t make it absurd. Second off, that is what is used for power scaling all the time. Saying destructive feats can´t be used to gauge someone would completely discredit characters like Zeno whos only feats are destroying things.
Just because other people do it doesn't mean that it makes sense. "Other people do it all the time" is not a valid argument. We know Zeno is the most powerful being and that is made abundantly clear, but the nature of these destructive feats shouldn't be seen as a legitimate way to power scale because they aren't meant to be analyzed nor do they play a pivotal role in the cohesiveness of the plot like conventional power scaling does. ("conventional" being what Rakurai described where you scale characters off of each other)
Characters are not meant to ever be compared outside of their continuities, or classified as "universal," that's all fandom talk in the end.
Exactly. You would be extrapolating things that were never really meant to be used that way.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:46 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
I really don't care about planet or universal classifications or comparing DB to any other series. I only really care about how strong characters are relative to each other within the DB franchise, whenever possible. Characters are not meant to ever be compared outside of their continuities, or classified as "universal," that's all fandom talk in the end.

You're making the same mistake that Goku made when Whis told him off about gauging Zeno's power.
What I get from this is ¨I don´t care how strong he is, I just want cool fights.¨ If that's how you want to watch the series, by all means, go for it. I can´t stop you from enjoying something how you want to enjoy it. I, on the other hand, love logic puzzles and doing complicated math to solve problems. Dragon ball is a gold mine of physics theories just waiting to be solved, so I find enjoyment in that. Although I can get behind a good fight or two.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:56 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:

What I get from this is ¨I don´t care how strong he is, I just want cool fights.¨ If that's how you want to watch the series, by all means, go for it. I can´t stop you from enjoying something how you want to enjoy it. I, on the other hand, love logic puzzles and doing complicated math to solve problems. Dragon ball is a gold mine of physics theories just waiting to be solved, so I find enjoyment in that. Although I can get behind a good fight or two.
No, it means that "I want to use scaling that actual legitimate thought is put into." AKA, the idea of how strong characters are relative to each other. The character's power is a core part of the plot and is inherently going to be accurate than using fucking physics and astronomy in a fiction show.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:51 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
Rakurai wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:

I highly doubt toriyama or toei are thinking about physics and complex math when they are making fights. Pretty sure they just go with whatever looks the coolest and is the most impressive looking regardless of how logical it is. This is a kids show we're talking about after all.