The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:04 am

Noah wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:Cell would kill and absorb them all, then steal Trunks' time machine again.

Are you presuming that the Z Senshi would be so dumb to let Cell absorb all the humans he wanted? And Gingertown Cell would probably have a hard time defeating the SSJ trio and the others.
He'd easily stomp them. They wouldn't train as hard over the 3 year gap.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:23 am

Noah wrote:It's a silly assumption that he would get that far training another year in the RoSaT as Gog pointed: "He outright stated that going back in would just be torture by that point, he would not surpass Gohan" and remember Goku reached his level in Boo arc level training 7 years in the Afterlife.
I seriously doubt very much that training another year in the ROSAT wouldn't make them at least a bit stronger. Goku was saying that they wouldn't be making more big gains anymore, since they were reaching their limits, but just because of that it doesn't mean they can't get stronger, at least a bit. It wouldn't make sense at all for someone to train and train and not getting stronger. I just can't see that. Goku should be able to surpass SSJ Gohan after the training, at least for a bit. He would still be inferior to Perfect Cell though.

Remember also that Vegeta was training with gravity alive during the 7 years, and he manages to surpass Gohan, who was probably not that far from his Cell Games self. Which proves that they are still capable of getting stronger.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:33 am

dragonball0900 wrote:
Noah wrote:It's a silly assumption that he would get that far training another year in the RoSaT as Gog pointed: "He outright stated that going back in would just be torture by that point, he would not surpass Gohan" and remember Goku reached his level in Boo arc level training 7 years in the Afterlife.
I seriously doubt very much that training another year in the ROSAT wouldn't make them at least a bit stronger. Goku was saying that they wouldn't be making more big gains anymore, since they were reaching their limits, but just because of that it doesn't mean they can't get stronger, at least a bit. It wouldn't make sense at all for someone to train and train and not getting stronger. I just can't see that. Goku should be able to surpass SSJ Gohan after the training, at least for a bit. He would still be inferior to Perfect Cell though.

Remember also that Vegeta was training with gravity alive during the 7 years, and he manages to surpass Gohan, who was probably not that far from his Cell Games self. Which proves that they are still capable of getting stronger.
And Vegeta was barely half of Gohan back in the Cell Arc, so he likely increased his strength ~2x over the 2 year gap.

Vegetail

Post by Vegetail » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:39 pm

What if Goku threw a fistful of worms at Vegeta during their first fight?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:57 pm

Vegetail wrote:What if Goku threw a fistful of worms at Vegeta during their first fight?
Vegeta's Ozaruu transformation would happen a lot sooner. Besides that nothing much affects the timeline

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:29 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:He'd easily stomp them. They wouldn't train as hard over the 3 year gap.
Not really. Goku would probably not train as hard because there's no threat, but he and Piccolo would still train, Vegeta would still be obsessed in surpassing Goku and becoming a SSJ that I can see he training the same amount. So yea, I can see them along with Trunks giving Imperfect Cell some trouble, that he would need to retreat to absorb more people to kill them after.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:42 pm

What if: R63 and how would it affect the Buu saga?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:53 pm

Gog wrote:What if: R63 and how would it affect the Buu saga?
You mean if everyone had their genders swapped in this arc?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:10 pm

Noah wrote:
No the whole series, and how would it affect the Buu arc specifically?

Vegetail

Post by Vegetail » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:48 am

Gog wrote:
Noah wrote:
Goku dies while pregnant with Goten during the Cell Games. As Trunks has nobody to fuse with, and everyone assumes Gohan dead, Goku has no reason to hold back against Majin Buu during their first encounter, so the saga ends there.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:41 am

Vegetail wrote:Goku dies while pregnant with Goten during the Cell Games. As Trunks has nobody to fuse with, and everyone assumes Gohan dead, Goku has no reason to hold back against Majin Buu during their first encounter, so the saga ends there.
If Goku gets to keep his body, would Goten still be born? Is he born alive or dead (with a halo)?
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:23 am

Vegetail wrote:
Gog wrote:
Noah wrote:
Goku dies while pregnant with Goten during the Cell Games. As Trunks has nobody to fuse with, and everyone assumes Gohan dead, Goku has no reason to hold back against Majin Buu during their first encounter, so the saga ends there.
Femku would give birth in the Rosat.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:54 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Vegetail wrote:
Gog wrote:
I'm pretty sure Goku impregnated her after he exited the RoSAT.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:22 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Vegetail wrote:
So does Goten live in the after life with FemKu? Because he's a you know... Still born :?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:45 pm

What if Goku didn't come back to Earth in the Boo arc? How would the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai be and the rest of the arc?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:50 pm

Noah wrote:What if Goku didn't come back to Earth in the Boo arc? How would the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai be and the rest of the arc?
Two options, either A. Buu doesn't get revived and it goes on as usual. Or B. Buu does get revived and Goku comes back to earth, and everything goes near identically to what happens in canon

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:09 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Vegetail wrote:
Goten has to be concieved before the Cell games in order to be born in his birth year.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:53 pm

Noah wrote:What if Goku didn't come back to Earth in the Boo arc? How would the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai be and the rest of the arc?
Piccolo, Krillin and 18 probably not enter on the Tournament. Vegeta solos Babidi ship and everyone go home.
It sounds like a really weird fanfic. But if Female Goku dies pregnant, Female Goten don't born in the otherlife. She was just a zygote at this point, there is no reason to keep her "body" on the otherworld.

What if Shin and Babidi arrived at the Cell Games?
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:22 am

What if the two Zenos fused via Potara? How screwed would the multiverse be?
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:05 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote:What if the two Zenos fused via Potara? How screwed would the multiverse be?
Same amount, you can't go above destroying everything as of now
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker