The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:57 pm

What if the two Zenos accidentally erased each other, and then all of the spectators and participants in the tournament took the opportunity to charge Daishinkan and Zeno's guards? Could they beat them?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:23 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if Buu was the 10th fighter instead of Freeza? How different would the tournament have been so far?
The first fight Freeza picks up is against Napapa, who is weaker than buu. However, Basil would be looking to get revenge on buu, now that he has help from his teammates.

Basil and entire Universe 9 surround buu and knock him out of bounds. Then the rest repeats itself, till Gohan vs Jimiz fight. Gohan gets beaten down, turns ultimate, defeats Jimiz and then as soon as he powers down to base, he gets knocked out by Frost.

Frost also manages to somehow knock out Piccolo, #17, #18 and Universe 7 is in trouble with Goku and Vegeta being the only ones left. The entire Uinverse 6 is able to hold off vegeta while Ribanne interrupts Goku's spirot bomb. Jiren knocks out her, then Goku.

Hit and Vegeta take on Jiren but are defeated. Zeno erases universe 7.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:32 pm

hunduel wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:1) What if instead of close to a year, the Saiyans had taken 2 years to reach the Earth, would Goku and the others have stood a better chance at defeating their enemies? Especially if Gohan and Piccolo had joined the other Z Fighters on Earth to train at Kami's Lookout in the second year?
Hmm, that's a really interesting scenario. It really depends on one thing: if Goku's training with King Kai for only one year (because they could complete the training within a year), or if he could improve a bit more if he stayed an additional year. Let me take apart those two situations.

- In the first case. Goku only trains one year with King Kai. His power level is the same as before, but he arrives just in time because they still have a year to train. Everyone else remains the same, but here's the catch: they now can train with a somewhat overpowered Goku, AND have a free year even to use the Dragon Balls if they insist. I'm not so sure if he would teach the Kaio-ken to anyone else, but that could also be the case if we really want to go what-if. The team would definitely be much stronger by this time, and while only Goku would be on probably the level of Vegeta, everyone else would easily be able to handle Saibamen and the humans together could probably take out Nappa too. Remember: just within a year (or less than a year) they were even to Raditz, who was incredibly strong compared to previous DB power levels, the amount and type of training they did here definitely could have done miracles if they had an additional year.
- In the second case, Goku stays with King Kai. Even if he didn't learn any new techniques, the way he could train there definitely was superior to Kami's lookout, and while the others may be a bit weaker without Goku training too, Goku himself would be far superior compared to Vegeta, and especially Nappa.

The humans learning Kaio-ken would be really interesting, but as they did not learn it later, I think it's because they could not handle it while they were alive. (Now the real question is that why King Kai didn't teach them while they were in the Other World... that's another story :P)
Steven Bloodriver wrote:2) What if during the first meeting of Goku and Future Trunks, would Goku reading the mind of Future Trunks, like how he had done with Krillin on Planet Namek, have changed anything? Would this have lead to Goku using the Dragon Balls of his timeline to revive and bring the deceased Future Z Fighters to his Planet Earth?
I don't think it would change so much, except one thing: Goku would SEE the androids, and tell them about. Now it may not sound so important at all, but remember, if they knew how they looked like, this may would have gain an advantage not just by knowing their enemy, but also by knowing that the first "set" of androids were not the one they were looking for. While it is definitely not a radical change, the storytelling could be kind of different thanks to it (like instead of waiting for the androids, they'd themselves looking for them already).
1) Thank you very much, Hunduel!

2) What if following the Cell Games, but before Future Trunks' departure from the present, Vegeta and Gohan had decided to accompany Future Trunks to the future?

3) What if in the battle between Super Saiyan 3 Goku and Kid Buu, in the very beginning of their confrontation on the Sacred Planet of the Supreme Kais, Goku had his tail returned to him?

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:43 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:What-If Monaka was as powerful as Beerus lied about? And was introduced in BoG arc?
We get to see a serious monaka vs Jiren fight. Jiren has advantage but not the support to back him up.

With help from Kaioken x20 Goku, Vegeta, hit helping monaka and Freeza handling Dys-toppo, the team eventually overwhelms Jiren and pushes him out. Goku is down due to getting too tired, an exhausted Monaka is ring-out'd by hit at the instant he's near the edge pushing Jiren and vegeta escapes with Goku.

The final fight comes down to hit again.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if Monaka felt bad about deceiving Goku, so he actually started training and studying martial arts to try to become strong?
Monaka decides to enter universal survival tournament (instead of Tien). Beerus refuses and tries to give bad excuses but then eventually accepts that he lied to Goku. However, Monaka then displays his strength by accidentally punching Beerus and making him bleed.

His "confession" is seen as a joke by Goku and Monaka joins. Then see above.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:What if the two Zenos accidentally erased each other, and then all of the spectators and participants in the tournament took the opportunity to charge Daishinkan and Zeno's guards? Could they beat them?
I am assuming that Zeno's guards will also be erased with Zeno. With that said, we are left with Grand Priest, up against 31 fighters (who he can instantly turn powerless), 6 gods of destruction and 7 kaioshins (angels won't attack him).

With a wave of his hand, he reduces everyone to nothing.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:02 pm

What If Mutenroshi decided to train with Kami in the Lookout, how strong he would become?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:58 am

Noah wrote:What If Mutenroshi decided to train with Kami in the Lookout, how strong he would become?
I imagine if he did and stayed there for all these centuries. He would become Raditz level.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:00 am

What-If Vegeta during ToP, suddenly woke up in Buu saga self? Would he change anything? Or would he keep everything the same? What do you think he would do?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:36 am

Berserker1921 wrote:I imagine if he did and stayed there for all these centuries. He would become Raditz level.
Are you sure? It was 17 years to the Saiyan arc until Ressurection of F and we see Roshi perfoming well against Freeza soldiers whom average battle is 1500-2000. So we can assume he surpassed Raditz a while ago.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:11 pm

So what if Fusion never exist (No Namek fusion and any other type of fusion)? How would Toriyama find a way for Goku and the others to defeat powerful enemies like Freeza, Cell, Buu and Zamasu? I could see Toriyama having Piccolo learn Kaioken seeing how he did train on North Kaio's planet.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:20 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:So what if Fusion never exist (No Namek fusion and any other type of fusion)? How would Toriyama find a way for Goku and the others to defeat powerful enemies like Freeza, Cell, Buu and Zamasu? I could see Toriyama having Piccolo learn Kaioken seeing how he did train on North Kaio's planet.
He probably would have introduced Ultra instinct earlier or introduce a way to give ones whole power to another for a few minutes.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:08 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:So what if Fusion never exist (No Namek fusion and any other type of fusion)? How would Toriyama find a way for Goku and the others to defeat powerful enemies like Freeza, Cell, Buu and Zamasu? I could see Toriyama having Piccolo learn Kaioken seeing how he did train on North Kaio's planet.
Nail would transfer his power to Piccolo, killing Nail but improving Piccolo's power. Piccolo with Kaio-Ken x4 can now battle Frieza. Kami does the same thing later and Piccolo can now battle 17 with Kaio-Ken x20.

In the Buu saga SSJ3 would just be a powerful transformation. Goku instead of saying he has no chance against Super Buu would say that one SSJ3 can't destroy him. Goten and Trunks would have Buu on the ropes but a child body can only hold ssj3 for a short amount of time. Ultimate Gohan would only equal ssj3 post Z sword Gohan. Finally when Buu absorbs everyone it is Goku in SSJ3 and the newly transformed SSJ3 Vegeta that battle him.

With Zamasu Goku would just use KKx20 here to beat Black and then Trunks would defeat Zamasu.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:57 pm

What if Goku got the Ultra Instinct when was about to fight Freeza on Namek? That skill would be enough for him to defeat Freeza no matter the power gap between them?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:26 pm

Noah wrote:What if Goku got the Ultra Instinct when was about to fight Freeza on Namek? That skill would be enough for him to defeat Freeza no matter the power gap between them?
I'd give the fight to Goku. Hire manhandled kaiokenx20 Goku worse then Frieza did so Ultra Instinct should be at least a 50x boost.

Regular

Post by AvatarReiko » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:42 pm

What if Goku used KKx20 on top of his SSJ form during his fight with Cell?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:52 pm

AvatarReiko wrote:What if Goku used KKx20 on top of his SSJ form during his fight with Cell?
And not die? Goku would need to do it quickly and destroy him or risk weakening himself to passing out or dying.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:25 am

AvatarReiko wrote:What if Goku used KKx20 on top of his SSJ form during his fight with Cell?
He wins if he fires a kamehameha.

He'd be stronger than Buu ssj3 goku.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:02 pm

What if Gohan got involved in the Future Trunks Arc? How strong would he have become?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:36 pm

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Gohan got involved in the Future Trunks Arc? How strong would he have become?

Gohan would have been stronger then trunks. Gohan is technically and potentially the most powerful z warrior. If he gave a damn and actually trained with Whis.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:41 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
Dragon Ball Gus wrote:What if Gohan got involved in the Future Trunks Arc? How strong would he have become?

Gohan would have been stronger then trunks. Gohan is technically and potentially the most powerful z warrior. If he gave a damn and actually trained with Whis.
Now, what do you think he would've actually done?
Caulifla best girl! :)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:59 pm

1) What if Goku had never lost control of himself as a Great Ape?

2) What if Gohan's rage boosts were permanent?

3) What if Goten had learned Ultra Instinct when Super Buu had killed Chi-Chi and became immune to being absorbed by the Majin?

4) What if Pan had went with Goku and Uub at the end of Dragon Ball Z? How would this have changed Dragon Ball GT?