Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:40 pm

sintzu wrote:Vegeta was able to reach SsjG level of power and use SsjB without the ritual so he can use Ssj3 if he wants to.

I don't think we'll see him use it but I won't be surprised if he shows it to Trunks in order to help him reach it.
jplaya2023 wrote:SSJ3 isn't a form that can be achieved in a live body so no.
If Goku can use it while being alive than so can Vegeta and any other Saiyan if they're strong enough.
TheGreatness25 wrote:Why would he want to achieve it now that he has SSGSS? To see how pretty it makes him?
Achieve it ? he would've had to achieve it long before achieving SsjB.
\

goku obtained the form while dead and noted while alive this wasn't a technique that can last in the living world.

vegeta absorbed ssj red powers during the ritual and used it to turn blue

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:54 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:
sintzu wrote:Vegeta was able to reach SsjG level of power and use SsjB without the ritual so he can use Ssj3 if he wants to.

I don't think we'll see him use it but I won't be surprised if he shows it to Trunks in order to help him reach it.
jplaya2023 wrote:SSJ3 isn't a form that can be achieved in a live body so no.
If Goku can use it while being alive than so can Vegeta and any other Saiyan if they're strong enough.
TheGreatness25 wrote:Why would he want to achieve it now that he has SSGSS? To see how pretty it makes him?
What is this? Holy moly now we are writing our own story to explain SSB Vegeta.

Soon Pan will get God ki as well. Maybe even Videl

Achieve it ? he would've had to achieve it long before achieving SsjB.
\

goku obtained the form while dead and noted while alive this wasn't a technique that can last in the living world.

vegeta absorbed ssj red powers during the ritual and used it to turn blue

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:55 pm

Ehh... So Gohan, Pan, Trunks, and Goten could've all absorbed it? I mean, I guess. It's just another one of those things where one person achieves the improbable and now everyone can do it. There was one Super Saiyan to emerge after 10,000 years and next thing you know, everyone can do it. Luckily Super hadn't degraded to that yet, but I really do hate that Vegeta obtained SSGSS. If you wanna make Vegeta relevant, why not create his own transformation? It just kind of takes the stream out of Goku. Why not have Goku be Super Saiyan God (red) and Vegeta be Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (but obviously give it a different backstory)?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:58 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:vegeta absorbed ssj red powers during the ritual and used it to turn blue
Not only is that pure speculation, it goes completely against Goku saying that Vegeta didn't need it and reached it completely on his own.
TheGreatness25 wrote:I really do hate that Vegeta obtained SSGSS. If you wanna make Vegeta relevant, why not create his own transformation ?
Him taking the hard way is the best thing about it cause like you said, It takes the stream out of Goku cause he took the easy way and makes Vegeta look more badass.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:17 pm

But Goku didn't take the easy way out; Shen Long stated that the ritual was how to achieve Super Saiyan God. I'm glad that it's not something Goku just stumbled upon one day when training. And then Vegeta does it for no apparent reason other than to service the Vegeta fanboys. The Burdock fans were serviced with Episode of Burdock and Dragon Ball Minus, and the Vegeta fans got serviced. Wouldn't be surprised if Broly made an appearance do his fans can get serviced too. It should be called "Dragon Ball Service" lol I remember watching Resurrection F, and I was actually enjoying it, but it was like the rewriting of Namek with Vegeta getting to be the hero for a minute. Like... why? Pure fan service. There is really no reason to have Vegeta have SSGSS. He could've discovered "Super Saiyan Platinum" or something. But he keeps trailing behind Goku. Not only does it take the steam out of Goku, but it kind of makes Vegeta his bitch, constantly trailing behind. Like when Vegeta achieved that bulky form, that was great. Too bad it was useless and Goku purposely avoided it. But yeah, it would be cool if Vegeta had his own transformations. Like why was "Mystic/Ultimate/Powered-up" Gohan invented? To make Gohan have his own "Super Saiyan 3" transformation without actually turning him into a SS3. I liked that a lot. There should be more of that.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:20 pm

sintzu wrote:
jplaya2023 wrote:vegeta absorbed ssj red powers during the ritual and used it to turn blue
Not only is that pure speculation, it goes completely against Goku saying that Vegeta didn't need it and reached it completely on his own.
TheGreatness25 wrote:I really do hate that Vegeta obtained SSGSS. If you wanna make Vegeta relevant, why not create his own transformation ?
Him taking the hard way is the best thing about it cause like you said, It takes the stream out of Goku cause he took the easy way and makes Vegeta look more badass.
in order to be a ssj blue you have to have ssj red power first.

Vegeta kept some of that power to himself and was able to harnass it by training in the god ki room that whizz had allowed them to train in. That's how both of them became ssj blue

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:40 pm

Awesome tell me now something about Black and who he really is... And of course something about the 2 base mode theory.

You seems to have read some stuff no one else has

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:53 pm

Nope. Especially now that Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue and Godly Ki are now things, why would Vegeta need a transformation that is much weaker and far more stressful on the body?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:58 pm

Kishido wrote:Awesome tell me now something about Black and who he really is... And of course something about the 2 base mode theory.

You seems to have read some stuff no one else has
A lot of dragon ball fans treat speculation and opinions as facts which is why there's so many rumors regarding the franchise.

DB is the only franchise I've seen with as many rumors as it has.
Lord Beerus wrote:Why would Vegeta need a transformation that is much weaker and far more stressful on the body?
He doesn't need it but fans just want to know for sure if he can or can't use it.

I've given my reasons to why I think he can but that's just a fan's opinion, we'd like an official word on it from someone weather it's in an interview or the show/manga.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:15 pm

I have my own views on this I believe we could see ssj3 Vegeta but not likely Goku and Vegeta are mastering base ssj1 ssg and ssb so why bother with forms that cause more stress than needed. Goku did it cause he is a cocky ass whole and likes to savor his fights like Vegeta said he holds back Vegeta doesnt have this problem so he wouldnt try to use ssj2 or 3 unless absolutely needed instead he will use base ssj1 ssg and ssb cause all ssb is is ssg infused into ssj while ssg is just them infusing god ki to base so ssg and ssb should be easy to master not as easy as ssj ( well maby ssg is ) but still relatively easier than ssj2 or 3.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:34 pm

Off topic, but...

Vegeta did become a Super Saiyan God... Ooooh, ahhh... Sure that's not enough Saiyams, but whatever.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:40 pm

They had the opportunity when in the BoG retelling but they didn't and now he has SSGSS I don't think so. Regardless Heroes and video games are a thing.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 6:42 pm

Sure. Video game continuity can be the "side story/alternate universe" thing, in which case, Vegeta got SS3.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:01 pm

This is from the Wiki (I know, it's a dirty word around here) regarding Baby Vegeta's final form :

"This form might be a version of Vegeta as a Super Saiyan 3; the first volume of the Dragon Ball GT Perfect Files states that "Strongest Form 2, which resembles Super Saiyan 3";[3] this claim is supported by the fact that the form lacks eyebrows and has the augmented browline, Vegeta could have used Baby's extra power to reach the form, and also because of Baby Vegeta's previous two forms can be seen as his equivalents to Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2. Additionally, in the video game Scouter Battle Taikan Kamehameha, Super Saiyan 4 has 1.25x the power of Super Saiyan 3, and Baby's Golden Great Ape form has around 1.2x the power of his Super Baby 2 form, suggesting that it is Super Saiyan 3. Additionally it is noted in the Dragon Ball GT Perfect Files that his hair is longer in this state than in his previous forms - one of which is confirmed to be Super Saiyan, and the other of which is implied to be Super Saiyan 2. The extremely long hair might be absent due to Baby shaping it to match his own appearance."

I'm not sure how relevant this will be to the topic but I think it's worth sharing.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:24 pm

Yeah, that's the Wiki proving that it's useless. Just look at him. Just stop and look at him. Does he look like SS3? Sure, his brows are missing. You know who else's brows are missing? Baby's, the creature that Vegeta is starting to reassemble because he was taken over by him. Having SS3 power is not the same as being SS3. Gohan had SS3 power, but he wasn't SS3. Every time I see something from that Wiki, I just think to myself: "Self, who wrote that shit and stands behind it with great conviction?" I can't remember for sure, but didn't Vegeta mention something about not being a SS3 when Bulma tools him about the Bruits Waves turning him into a SS4? I could be imagining that, but if it happened, that right there slaps the Wiki.

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:48 am

Prior to the new material, I'd say no, because while SSJ3 can be used while the Saiyan is alive, I think the first ever use has to be in some form that can withstand an incredible amount of strain. Goku had a dead body and the boys were spared by the Gotenks fusion taking the brunt and ending early. Vegeta's only hope was while he was dead, and he was never dead long enough to have the opportunity to try.

Post new material, the advent of god ki, however it ultimately works, might be an alternative mitigating factor that could allow Vegeta to survive the first use, and then learn to handle its stresses, but with SSJB, why would he bother?
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:02 am

Tectorman wrote:Prior to the new material, I'd say no, because while SSJ3 can be used while the Saiyan is alive, I think the first ever use has to be in some form that can withstand an incredible amount of strain.
AGE 801
Son Goku disappears
Realizing his death is imminent, Goku, who wanted to settle their rivalry, left the Earth with Vegeta. Years later, a supernova explosion was detected; perhaps caused by Son Goku and Vegeta’s battle.
[From the DBO timeline.]

Online's story was written by Toriyama as a continuation to the manga (years before the new material) so it wasn't just a what if scenario.

There would be no rivalry if Vegeta didn't have Ssj3 and there's no way either of them would be satisfied using anything less than the Saiyan's strongest form which at the time was Ssj3.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:04 am

TheGreatness25 wrote:Off topic, but...

Vegeta did become a Super Saiyan God... Ooooh, ahhh... Sure that's not enough Saiyams, but whatever.
actually the list is accurate if you change Bra with Videl.

MadSaiyantist
Beyond Newbie

Post by MadSaiyantist » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:34 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Off topic, but...

None of them are pure of heart so it wouldn't be close to transforming even if there was a sixth member.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:47 pm

MadSaiyantist wrote: None of them are pure of heart so it wouldn't be close to transforming even if there was a sixth member.
Whaaaat? Aw damn, I thought for sure he was Super Saiyan God in GT.

Yes, I know.