Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Re: Will we ever see Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta or not?

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:23 pm

sintzu wrote:
TheGreatness25 wrote:I mean, do we? He just never achieved it, that's all.
Toriyama said Ssj2 & 3 are powered up versions of Ssj1 so if he wanted to he could power up to it cause his base is leagues beyond what Ssj3 requires.
Yeah, I realize what he said, but I'd say that Vegeta as supposedly powerful enough in base form during the Beerus thing, but he didn't turn Super Saiyan 3. Or was base Goku really that much more powerful than him in the Boo arc? I'm pretty sure there's more to unlocking it than just getting strong enough.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:25 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:But that brings up the question, why use Super Saiyan if there's Super Saiyan 2?
Because Super Saiyan is the perfect form balance-wise and drains little to no energy. Super Saiyan 3 on the other hand uses a ton of energy, so there is no point in using it if you have a way stronger form. That's the main reason why Goku and Vegeta discarded Super Saiyan 2 and 3 yet still uses regular Super Saiyan.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Yeah but... Super Saiyan 2 and 3 emit more power than Super Saiyan.

Ugh, whatever the hell Toriyama did with Super has screwed all the Super Saiyan stuff up. I guess I just have to wait until I watch the series to keep up with all of this stuff. "Yeah, 3 is more powerful than 2 which is more powerful than 1, but 1 is the perfect form and 2 and 3 are actually just powered up versions of 1 so they'll try to take the power of 2 and 3 and make it come through their 1 and... TOTALLY AWESOME COOL GOD POWERS! PEW PEW!"

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:24 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Yeah but... Super Saiyan 2 and 3 emit more power than Super Saiyan.

Ugh, whatever the hell Toriyama did with Super has screwed all the Super Saiyan stuff up. I guess I just have to wait until I watch the series to keep up with all of this stuff. "Yeah, 3 is more powerful than 2 which is more powerful than 1, but 1 is the perfect form and 2 and 3 are actually just powered up versions of 1 so they'll try to take the power of 2 and 3 and make it come through their 1 and... TOTALLY AWESOME COOL GOD POWERS! PEW PEW!"
It doesn't matter if it's more powerful since both 2 and 3 (Especially 3) have downsides. Why do you think Vegeta/Trunks discarded Grade II and III yet still uses the much weaker regular Super Saiyan ?

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:29 pm

Khin wrote:It doesn't matter if it's more powerful since both 2 and 3 (Especially 3) have downsides. Why do you think Vegeta/Trunks discarded Grade II and III yet still uses the much weaker regular Super Saiyan ? Although Goku must have realized that SSj2 doesn't that much energy compared to 3, that's why we still saw him use it against Black.
Well "Grade 2 and 3" (if that's what we're calling it) made them so slow that they couldn't even touch their opponent. So that's kind of an obvious. Super Saiyan 2 and 3 don't compromise speed. Yeah, it's a big strain on the body, but the power more than compensates. I'm pretty sure that this news didn't escape Goku during his fight with Boo, but he still used Super Saiyan 3, right? That's because the power that 3 gave did more than compensate for the strain on the body. If Goku didn't use Super Saiyan 3 against Boo, he'd be pummeled like Vegeta was. So while I understand what you're saying, it still doesn't justify it really. That's like saying that a regular handgun isn't efficient in a war zone; the rifle could wipe them all out faster but it's heavier to carry... agh screw it, use the handgun.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:38 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Well "Grade 2 and 3" (if that's what we're calling it) made them so slow that they couldn't even touch their opponent. So that's kind of an obvious. Super Saiyan 2 and 3 don't compromise speed. Yeah, it's a big strain on the body, but the power more than compensates.
Grade II was never implied to decrease your speed.
I'm pretty sure that this news didn't escape Goku during his fight with Boo, but he still used Super Saiyan 3, right? That's because the power that 3 gave did more than compensate for the strain on the body. If Goku didn't use Super Saiyan 3 against Boo, he'd be pummeled like Vegeta was. So while I understand what you're saying, it still doesn't justify it really. That's like saying that a regular handgun isn't efficient in a war zone; the rifle could wipe them all out faster but it's heavier to carry... agh screw it, use the handgun.
It was different though. Goku in the Boo Arc had no choice but to use SSj3 since it's his strongest form and he would get ragdolled if he will just use SSj2 or regular SSj. In Super, both Goku and Vegeta had achieved a way stronger form. So there'd be no point in using 3 if they can just transform into Super Saiyan Blue.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:52 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:I'd say that Vegeta as supposedly powerful enough in base form during the Beerus thing, but he didn't turn Super Saiyan 3. Or was base Goku really that much more powerful than him in the Boo arc?
Their bases were equal in the Buu arc so they probably were as well during the Beerus fight.

He saw what happened to Goku when he used it against Buu so maybe he decided not to which is what he did with Grade 3, he reached it in the ROSAT but decided to never use it after figuring out its drawbacks.

Or he just didn't reach it yet cause Beerus showed up a year or so after Buu which probably wouldn't be enough time to reach such a form.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:59 pm

Khin wrote: It was different though. Goku in the Boo Arc had no choice but to use SSj3 since it's his strongest form and he would get ragdolled if he will just use SSj2 or regular SSj. In Super, both Goku and Vegeta had achieved a way stronger form. So there'd be no point in using 3 if they can just transform into Super Saiyan Blue.
Sure. Why use the weaker form though if he'd have to power up to "Super Saiyan Blue" (God damn it, I can't, this name is stupid!) anyway? I'm assuming he can't win the fight as Super Saiyan 2.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:05 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:Sure. Why use the weaker form though if he'd have to power up to "Super Saiyan Blue" (God damn it, I can't, this name is stupid!) anyway? I'm assuming he can't win the fight as Super Saiyan 2.
For Goku. Vegeta said in episode 50 that Goku has a bad habit of not going all-out from the start. Super Saiyan Blue also drains a lot of energy (Though probably not as much as SSj3), so if Vegeta and Goku's foe can be beaten by regular Super Saiyan or 2, then there would be no need to transform to their full power. Up to this point, we haven't seen a foe that Goku and Vegeta can't defeat without Super Saiyan 2 (Barring Hit and Golden Freeza, which actually needs SSjBlue to beat).

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:24 pm

There really hasn't been anyone in Super (except Freeza, whoever else, Beerus and Whis I'm assuming) who Goku or Vegeta couldn't beat with Super Saiyan 2...? Seriously? That kind of sounds dumb. "Here's the big baddy! No, no, don't go all-out. No need! Not even close."

Can you imagine if in Z, the characters never had to go full-power to beat someone?

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:29 pm

I personally believe Vegeta could attain the form rather easily now if he wanted to, but he has absolutely no reason to at this point so he wouldn't bother.

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Post by brett wheeler » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:22 am

just putting this out there in the manga goku did say that ssj3 is not attainable under normal circumstances and implied you had to be either died or have something that takes the strain of the transformation away and he didnt think it was possible for a living person to accomplish the reason why gotenks could was cause the fusion took the hit not goten or trunks thats where people are getting you have to be dead to achieve the form

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:26 am

brett wheeler wrote:just putting this out there in the manga goku did say that ssj3 is not attainable under normal circumstances and implied you had to be either died or have something that takes the strain of the transformation away and he didnt think it was possible for a living person to accomplish the reason why gotenks could was cause the fusion took the hit not goten or trunks thats where people are getting you have to be dead to achieve the form
No, the manga never said such thing. Goku wouldn't expect Gohan to attain Super Saiyan 3 if he know that it is not attainable under normal circumstances. Even Gotenks achieved it in just about a week after they saw the form. The Gotenks being fusion thing is just a silly excuse.
TheGreatness25 wrote:There really hasn't been anyone in Super (except Freeza, whoever else, Beerus and Whis I'm assuming) who Goku or Vegeta couldn't beat with Super Saiyan 2...? Seriously? That kind of sounds dumb. "Here's the big baddy! No, no, don't go all-out. No need! Not even close."

Can you imagine if in Z, the characters never had to go full-power to beat someone?
So far, Beerus, Freeza, and Hit are the only guys Goku/Vegeta have fought that greatly surpasses Super Saiyan 2 and 3 in terms of power, and requires SSj God and SSj Blue to fight up against. All three are the big foes of their respective arcs. The closest guy we got that can match up Super Saiyan is Magetta, which can easily be defeated if you insult him, and can be beaten through tournament rules by destroying the ring. Tagoma, Frost, Cabba, etc are just a bunch of fodders Goku can beat with regular Super Saiyan.

SSJ Human
Regular

Post by SSJ Human » Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:07 pm

Only in games and fan material. Canon could have done it with Beerus' arrival but they chose not to.

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:53 am

AT needs to play SSJ form(S) catchup.

If gohan being mystic is being retconned now, i would like to see him ascend to ssj3, along with vegeta in the ROSAT.

I would also like to see trunks and goten get SSJ2, and future trunks get ssj3.

Tarble to get SSJ, and Cabba to get SSJ2, SSJ3,

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:56 pm

If Vegeta had ssj3 , he would have used it vs Beerus. Guy was pissed off and he got a massive rage boost.

So nope , Vegeta doesn't have ssj3.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:58 pm

buutenks wrote:If Vegeta had ssj3 , he would have used it vs Beerus. Guy was pissed off and he got a massive rage boost.

That's a very big assumption. Don't forget that Super Saiyan 3 drains a lot of ki fast. Maybe he didn't use it because he can't keep it as long as Goku.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:35 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
buutenks wrote:If Vegeta had ssj3 , he would have used it vs Beerus. Guy was pissed off and he got a massive rage boost.

That's a very big assumption. Don't forget that Super Saiyan 3 drains a lot of ki fast. Maybe he didn't use it because he can't keep it as long as Goku.
Vegeta does not have SSJ3.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:48 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:vegeta does not have ssj3
Could you elaborate on why you believe such?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:53 pm

jplaya2023 wrote:Vegeta does not have SSJ3.
Rather than undercutting the conversation and coming off rather rude, please explain your stance on the issue and contribute more to the discussion.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)