Would Chi Chi, Gohan, and Pan be considered Earth royalty? Being descendants of Ox King

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Would Chi Chi, Gohan, and Pan be considered Earth royalty? Being descendants of Ox King

Post by Angelus » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:01 pm

Ox King does have his own kingdom right? I'm assuming he rebuilt it after Roshi put out that huge fire.

I suppose being Ox King would be like being the King of Tonga in real life or something. Chi Chi being the princess and Gohan being the son of a princess..

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Re: Would Chi Chi, Gohan, and Pan be considered Earth royalty? Being descendants of Ox King

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:35 pm

Ox King was self-proclaimed, I don't think his kingdom was legal or anything. And I thought he abdicated his title due to both the destruction of the "kingdom" and Roshi scolding him for going after wealth and glory. Ox was literally ashamed.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: Would Chi Chi, Gohan, and Pan be considered Earth royalty? Being descendants of Ox King

Post by floofychan333 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:19 pm

I don't see why they can't be earth royalty, it just hasn't been brought up in the series because Ox-King isn't important.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:28 am

floofychan333 wrote:I don't see why they can't be earth royalty, it just hasn't been brought up in the series because Ox-King isn't important.
Well, the way his "rise" is described is that he stole loads of treasure and settled inside of a castle. The phrasing doesn't exactly suggest that he always had either his wealth or status from the beginning. Then there's the fact that the entirety of Dragon World is ruled by a nation-king anyway. If he were ever considered royalty, it's probably not official. He's not ruling any lands from what we can tell. I suppose you could consider killing treasure hunting thieves a measure of authority for the area he claimed though.

It's not as if King Chapa is a ruling king more than he's a king of martial arts to his students. Taking it further, would one say Piccolo was ruling the Demon Realm despite remaining on Earth for his entire existence? By the same token through other examples of human "kings", Gyumao's title was likely earned through his reputation and/or unlawful force. While we're here, I don't believe Chi-Chi has been referred to as a princess once. You'd think it would be brought up at some point in something official.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:53 am

Kinda, if ox king went back to being a king again then yes..
Gohan dosen't need that loose title anyways, he is going to inherit all of Satan's property, literally going to be a Prince instead of a having measly title
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

MondoCool

Post by MondoCool » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:50 am

I've always believed Ox was more of a criminal than a king.

Then again, I supposed that's the exact way many empires have risen in real life.

I think, in the Dragon Ball world, things are easily forgotten... probably because their God is a notoriously forgetful one.

mabalia
Beyond Newbie

Post by mabalia » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:01 am

If there's still a kingdom to rule by the time Ox King passes away, Goku, by being married to Chichi, will be a King consort. But we know Goku doesn't care about these kind of things, maybe in the future Goten wants the title and be the next King? I don't see Gohan interested in it neither Chichi. If she wanted to rule as a princess she wouldn't marry Goku to live a simple life (she had no idea how her life would be crazy living with Goku :lol: ).

But Mount Frypan isn't a rich place because it seems that Ox King isn't rich anymore. And of course, we don't know if Ox King is really a king, but it's nice to think he is when we look back at his dark past, he has an interesting story.

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:45 pm

MondoCool wrote:I think, in the Dragon Ball world, things are easily forgotten... probably because their God is a notoriously forgetful one.
Do you mind elaborating what made God seem forgetful? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that or what he had to do with Gyumao's looting activity.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:07 pm

That depends what? Is the Ox king, king of? A mountain, because that's the only thing that was made to reference on what he owned, and lots and lots of money. Ox king if more of a title

MondoCool

Post by MondoCool » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:22 pm

Nejishiki wrote:
MondoCool wrote:I think, in the Dragon Ball world, things are easily forgotten... probably because their God is a notoriously forgetful one.
Do you mind elaborating what made God seem forgetful? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that or what he had to do with Gyumao's looting activity.
By "God" I was referring to Toriyama and the way he tends to forget his own writings. I should have said "Its" God rather than "their".

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:18 pm

MondoCool wrote:I've always believed Ox was more of a criminal than a king.
I'm pretty sure that's pretty much it. He even bows down and apologizes to Roshi when he meets him again, since the Turtle School martial art was obviously not meant to be used for personal profit like he did.