Is it really possible for the "base" Saiyans to be weaker than Freeza in Battle of Gods?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Is it really possible for the "base" Saiyans to be weaker than Freeza in Battle of Gods?

Post by emperior » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:09 pm

Saturnine wrote:LegendarySSj7 put base Vegeta after his training for the Androids at 20 million already. His was a very influential list.

But that was way back, when the SEG still hadn't been released.
I think people forget Goku and Vegeta got stronger faster on Namek (and Goku also while training on the spaceship) because they abused Zenkais. After that they barely improved in the 3 years of training and almost reached their limit in the Room of Space and Time.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Is it really possible for the "base" Saiyans to be weaker than Freeza in Battle of Gods?

Post by Saturnine » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:28 pm

emperior wrote:
Saturnine wrote:LegendarySSj7 put base Vegeta after his training for the Androids at 20 million already. His was a very influential list.

I think people forget Goku and Vegeta got stronger faster on Namek (and Goku also while training on the spaceship) because they abused Zenkais. After that they barely improved in the 3 years of training and almost reached their limit in the Room of Space and Time.
That "reaching their limit" part was later retconned, I trust all statements of this sort as far as I can throw them

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Saturnine wrote:
emperior wrote:

That "reaching their limit" part was later retconned, I trust all statements of this sort as far as I can throw them
It was never reconnected, they just got new forms, and only barely managed to surpass Teen Gohan. No seriously they barley surpassed them in the end

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:10 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:I've been doing a power level list, with all the power gaps, scaling, and everything that makes sense during the Cell and Buu sagas. But it just seems impossible for me to make the base saiyans weaker than Frieza, no matter how hard I try to make the power scaling through the series. Every time I reach the Cell Games, the saiyans get a base power higher than 120 million.
If you do the maths with the usual fan-made power level mechanics (like 20-50% gap in power levels is big) then you find out that by the Buu arc, Goku as SSJ1 at most increased his Freeza arc SSJ1 power level by 30x maximum. For example:
SSJ1 Goku (Freeza arc)=1
SSJ1 Goku (Mecha Freeza saga)=1.2
SSJ1 Goku (Android saga)=1.5
Imperfect Cell (initial appearance)= 2
#17/Kamicolo=2.5
#16/Imperfect Cell (post thousands of humans absorbed)=3
Semi-Perfect Cell=5.5
SSJ1 Vegeta (post ROSAT 1)=6
Super Vegeta=7.5
USSJ Trunks=8.5
FPSSJ1 Vegeta/Trunks (Post ROSAT 2)=9
FPSSJ1 Goku/Gohan= 12
Perfect Cell=15
SSJ2 Gohan (Cell games, regular)=24
SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Games, rage boosted)=48
SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Games, injured but rage boosted)=24
Super Perfect Cell=26
SSJ2 Goku (Buu arc)=60
SSJ1 Goku (Buu arc)=(SSJ2 Goku)/2=30
Then it depends on what you believe the SSJ1 boost is. If you believe that after the Freeza arc the SSJ1 boost remained as high as x50 multiplier (instead of the base becoming stronger and the SSJ1 multiplier proportionally smaller), then there is no problem as for base Goku to surpass Freeza would require him as SSJ1 to become over 40x stronger than he was in the Freeza arc (and as shown above he became 30x stronger maximum instead).

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:54 am

I keep reading about the SEG, what did it do to power levels?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:45 am

emperior wrote:I keep reading about the SEG, what did it do to power levels?
It provided the multipliers for SSJ2 and SSJ3.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:49 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
So the x100 and x400 comes from there?
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:56 am

emperior wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:
So the x100 and x400 comes from there?
Well, "2 x SSJ" and "4 x SSJ2" comes from there. x100 and x400 is extrapolated from that.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"