Did Black know how to use the Spirit Bomb?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Did Black know how to use the Spirit Bomb?

Post by Merged Zamasu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:24 pm

When Zamasu took control of Goku's body, he inherited all of Goku's techniques (such as the Kamehameha and the Super Sayan transformation). It is not far-fetched to believe Black could ALSO do the Spirit Bomb technique. It is stated that, if the user does not have a pure heart, the ability might backfire, but it is not stated that you can use the Spirit Bomb ONLY if you have a pure heart. Not that there was any reason to use it, since the move might have backfired, but Black definitely had the possibility to use that, and by extension Merged Zamasu could also have used the Spirit Bomb.

It's amazing how many things Black can do. The better question is: are there any techniques Black can't use?

The gr
I Live Here

Re: Did Black know how to use the Spirit Bomb?

Post by The gr » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:38 pm

Merged Zamasu wrote:When Zamasu took control of Goku's body, he inherited all of Goku's techniques (such as the Kamehameha and the Super Sayan transformation). It is not far-fetched to believe Black could ALSO do the Spirit Bomb technique. It is stated that, if the user does not have a pure heart, the ability might backfire, but it is not stated that you can use the Spirit Bomb ONLY if you have a pure heart. Not that there was any reason to use it, since the move might have backfired, but Black definitely had the possibility to use that, and by extension Merged Zamasu could also have used the Spirit Bomb.

It's amazing how many things Black can do. The better question is: are there any techniques Black can't use?
is the same case as cell they both have the spirit bomb technique but they can't use it and I think black can't use the kaioken
Last edited by The gr on Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mostly active on discord.

Merged Zamasu
Banned

Post by Merged Zamasu » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:43 pm

The gr wrote:
Merged Zamasu wrote:When Zamasu took control of Goku's body, he inherited all of Goku's techniques (such as the Kamehameha and the Super Sayan transformation). It is not far-fetched to believe Black could ALSO do the Spirit Bomb technique. It is stated that, if the user does not have a pure heart, the ability might backfire, but it is not stated that you can use the Spirit Bomb ONLY if you have a pure heart. Not that there was any reason to use it, since the move might have backfired, but Black definitely had the possibility to use that, and by extension Merged Zamasu could also have used the Spirit Bomb.

is the same case as cell they both have thr spirit bomb technique but they can't use it and I think black can't use the kaioken
But they can use it. Now, whether it is smart or not to use it, it's another discussion, but they definitely can try and charge that up. It might backfire though, because the Spirit Bomb can be effective only if the user's heart is pure.

RedShift
Beyond Newbie

Post by RedShift » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:50 am

Zamasu took over Goku's body, he didn't inherit all of his memories or techniques. Otherwise he would have been far more powerful than he was initially, and transformed to SSBlue or regular SSj for earlier.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:52 am

I don't think the Spirit Bomb would end up being very relevant in terms of power compared to how strong Super Saiyan Blue and Super Saiyan Rose' are.

Maybe he should have gone to the North Kaio of Universe 7 and learned it directly. Maybe there's a club for all the North Kaio? Maybe Zamasu would refuse to use a technique that draws power from mortals?

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:52 am

Probably, but it would require him to be of pure of heart

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:48 am

The Genki Dama's power is based on the planet you're on. Its effectiveness will vary in each environment it's used with. The Super Genki Dama is the variant that requires willing genki donations. In any event, Cell (nobody claimed he couldn't) & Goku Black (who seemingly inherited two techniques) wouldn't be able to fire it in normal circumstances. It's unlikely they'll be allowed to charge it, even more so if they request genki donations. Kaio-ken was only ever mastered by Goku. If Goku Black was able to mimic his teleportation (another difficult technique), it's likely he'd learn Kaio-ken if he applied himself. As it stands, Super Saiyan is more efficient to use. Finally, Kuririn is the only individual to claim one must be pure of heart to use the Genki Dama & that Super Saiyan contains traces of evil, rendering it incompatible with the Genki Dama without absorption (Dragon Ball Z Movie 07). The explanation is absent from other continuities. Its standards regarding evil individuals is that they may not reflect it like good-natured people can.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:52 am

I believe you still need knowledge that such a technique exists in the first place. Black could perhaps figure out the Kamehameha simply because how often Goku performed it, so his body remembered it. But to do the Spirit Bomb, Black would actually need knowledge of it, as Goku hadn't performed it nearly many times enough for it to be imprinted in muscle memory or something. So I think Black could never use it.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:20 pm

Duo wrote:I don't think the Spirit Bomb would end up being very relevant in terms of power compared to how strong Super Saiyan Blue and Super Saiyan Rose' are.
Agreed... unless you're on a planet that has Super Saiyan Blues on it whose genki can be stolen (Vegeta's and Goku's).

But just owning Goku's body apparently doesn't give someone access to his abilities. Isn't that what Ginyu had to find out the hard way?

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:30 pm

Black seems to be a mixed bag of inherited abilities from Goku, from whatever reason. He goes Super Saiyan in the manga, but we don't know if he could always do that. He uses the Kamehameha and Instant Movement on multiple occasions in both the anime and manga. He is using a body that had been able to go Blue before, but instead has a different transformation. In the manga, he apparently can't go past regular Super Saiyan as of his first fight with Vegeta.

There's no way to tell if he inherited some of those techniques, emulated them via GodTube, or some combination or factors.