What would happen in the Buu arc if Goku never Returned ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What would happen in the Buu arc if Goku never Returned ?

Post by DSB » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:30 am

Imagine the start of Buu arc the same - Till Supreme Kai starts following Spopovich and Yamu , Only this Time Goku isnt there because he never returned . [Vegeta only entered the Tournament because Gohan and Kid Trunks entered]

How would the Buu Saga be different if It was only Vegeta and Gohan fighting Babidi's men ???

Would Vegeta end Dabura and Babidi and prevent Buu from getting released ?

Gog
I Live Here

Re: What would happen in the Buu arc if Goku never Returned ?

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:32 am

Gohan, better be less cocky this time, is all that i'm saying..

PsionicWarrior
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by PsionicWarrior » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:33 am

DSB wrote: Would Vegeta end Dabura and Babidi and prevent Buu from getting released ?
That's likely, Buu got most of the power needed for his revival due to Goku fighting Majin Vegeta lol
But there would be no point story-wise to tease Buu's power so much not to awaken him at some point IMO lol

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:27 pm

Buu's release could have been avoided because they needed Goku there to collect energy. Basically, Majin Vegeta would defeat Dabura and Babidi, then he would be free from his possession. If Goku was revived, hopefully Vegeta would have remembered that too much energy could awaken Buu and never would have fought Goku. However, if another villain arrived and all the Saiyajins went SSJ or whatever level they were at, then Buu could have been awakened, which would lead to an interesting predicament. Maybe the new villain would team up with Goku to defeat Buu and we'd have another Z Fighter?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:59 pm

Vegeta would have never turned into Majin Vegeta, since the reason why he turned into Majin Vegeta it was because he wanted to fight Goku. With Goku not being there this time, then Vegeta would have no intention to fight someone since he was clearly the strongest at the time.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:29 pm

In my opinion, there would be no way that Goku would not return. He would just appear in a different point in the story.

I suppose one of the factors that would change is who would fight which of Babidi's minions. I suppose if Majin Vegeta was to still happen, it would be due to Vegeta being absolutely disgusted by Gohan's showing if he ends up fighting Dabura still. One could then argue if it was Vegeta's resolve to fight Goku that gave him the power to disobey Babidi and keep his mind. Instead now, Vegeta is no more than a slave, and Gohan and Supreme Kai would have to defend themselves.

When Buu is released, either Vegeta somehow finds a way to get his mind back-perhaps Gohan reminds him of his family and he starts to fight back for control-or Supreme Kai and Gohan take him down. Things after that play out the same. Dabura eaten, Supreme Kai and Gohan are beaten and left for dead. Vegeta fights Buu (He recovers if he was previously beaten by Gohan and Supreme Kai) I don't think he's going to blow himself up though. Killed yes, but that explosion was for something significant that wouldn't have happened without Goku being there.

When everyone is without hope, Goku would appear then, to train Goten and Trunks and all that due to Baba's one day pass. An excuse could be made why he couldn't kill Buu, I say Yemma forbids him from taking direct action since he chose to be dead or something, but he still fights Buu and shows off SSJ3. When he does go back to Otherworld, he senses Gohan and goes to him.

It could be the story more or less plays out the same. Buu even gets Piccolo, and Gotenks inside of him. But Gohan finds the resolve within himself and he forces Super Saiyan through his Unlocked Potential to create Gohan's Transcendent Form a new transformation that even gives Gohan the power to rip Piccolo and Gotenks (and accidentally Good Buu) out of Super Buu allowing Kid Buu to emerge. Transcendent Gohan and Kid Buu fight, and after a long drawn out fight Gohan manages to capture Kid Buu in a magic seal, unable to destroy him, but he's neutralized. And so with Goku dead, and Vegeta choosing to stay dead so he can fight Goku for eternity, Gohan is the last Saiyan standing and fully achieved the mantle of Earth's hero.

At least, that's how I'd think it'd go.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:38 pm

FoolsGil wrote:In my opinion, there would be no way that Goku would not return. He would just appear in a different point in the story.

I suppose one of the factors that would change is who would fight which of Babidi's minions. I suppose if Majin Vegeta was to still happen, it would be due to Vegeta being absolutely disgusted by Gohan's showing if he ends up fighting Dabura still. One could then argue if it was Vegeta's resolve to fight Goku that gave him the power to disobey Babidi and keep his mind. Instead now, Vegeta is no more than a slave, and Gohan and Supreme Kai would have to defend themselves.

When Buu is released, either Vegeta somehow finds a way to get his mind back-perhaps Gohan reminds him of his family and he starts to fight back for control-or Supreme Kai and Gohan take him down. Things after that play out the same. Dabura eaten, Supreme Kai and Gohan are beaten and left for dead. Vegeta fights Buu (He recovers if he was previously beaten by Gohan and Supreme Kai) I don't think he's going to blow himself up though. Killed yes, but that explosion was for something significant that wouldn't have happened without Goku being there.

When everyone is without hope, Goku would appear then, to train Goten and Trunks and all that due to Baba's one day pass. An excuse could be made why he couldn't kill Buu, I say Yemma forbids him from taking direct action since he chose to be dead or something, but he still fights Buu and shows off SSJ3. When he does go back to Otherworld, he senses Gohan and goes to him.

It could be the story more or less plays out the same. Buu even gets Piccolo, and Gotenks inside of him. But Gohan finds the resolve within himself and he forces Super Saiyan through his Unlocked Potential to create Gohan's Transcendent Form a new transformation that even gives Gohan the power to rip Piccolo and Gotenks (and accidentally Good Buu) out of Super Buu allowing Kid Buu to emerge. Transcendent Gohan and Kid Buu fight, and after a long drawn out fight Gohan manages to capture Kid Buu in a magic seal, unable to destroy him, but he's neutralized. And so with Goku dead, and Vegeta choosing to stay dead so he can fight Goku for eternity, Gohan is the last Saiyan standing and fully achieved the mantle of Earth's hero.

Good enough till Kid Buu part

Kid Buu is barely SSj3 level . How can he even stand up for 1 minute to a SSj Ultimate Gohan who would be basically Super vegito ?????

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:20 pm

DSB wrote:
Good enough till Kid Buu part

Kid Buu is barely SSj3 level . How can he even stand up for 1 minute to a SSj Ultimate Gohan who would be basically Super vegito ?????
One could argue that Vegetto has the two sharpest minds in battle combined into one, while Gohan isn't as mentally adept in that subject though wielding as much power. Then there's Kid Buu's unpredictability, liquid consistency and nigh infinite stamina. I could see them fighting on equal footing due to those issues.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:47 pm

FoolsGil wrote:In my opinion, there would be no way that Goku would not return. He would just appear in a different point in the story.

I doubt Majin Vegeta would have happened tbh. Vegeta trash talking and getting so angry at Gohan seems more to due with his insecurities towards Goku at the time. He was just finding an outlet tbh. Without Goku, he might have trash talked but it wouldn't have been half as aggressive. Dabura wouldn't have caught on to the evil in his heart.

Few questions too:

why would Gohan get this transcendent form if he didn't get it in the main continuity?

How does Gohan rip out piccolo and gotenks without getting absorbed first?

Where does Gohan learn how to do a magic seal?

Gohan fighting kid boo wouldn't be a long drawn out battle. Gohan was destroying super boo with just ultimate.
I think Vegeta/Gohan or a combination of them would just get rid of Dabura and Babidi and the Boo saga wouldn't even happen
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:18 pm

kinisking wrote: I doubt Majin Vegeta would have happened tbh. Vegeta trash talking and getting so angry at Gohan seems more to due with his insecurities towards Goku at the time. He was just finding an outlet tbh. Without Goku, he might have trash talked but it wouldn't have been half as aggressive. Dabura wouldn't have caught on to the evil in his heart.
Fair enough, but the Buu arc would end pretty anticlimactically without that extra wrench.
why would Gohan get this transcendent form if he didn't get it in the main continuity?
Because he finds that inner resolve, as he's backed into a corner, closer than he was in the canon series when Goku and Vegeta showed up, and he was at the point that he either he evolves or dies.

The Transcendent Form is a mix of Magic and Ki. Combining the Unlock form with Super Saiyan does wonders in that regard, giving him access to magic. He wants to do something like neutralize Kid Buu or pull his family and friends out of Super Buu, well with magic, he could.

Gohan fighting kid boo wouldn't be a long drawn out battle. Gohan was destroying super boo with just ultimate.
And yet he couldn't put him down permanently.

Gog
I Live Here

Post by Gog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:26 pm

Eh besides 'transcendent' Gohan, which is impossible. This is all good, n' all but. What about Beerus, or Freeza :twisted: Transcendent Gohan's going to find out the hard way, that their are people out there eons ahead of him

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:38 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
kinisking wrote: I doubt Majin Vegeta would have happened tbh. Vegeta trash talking and getting so angry at Gohan seems more to due with his insecurities towards Goku at the time. He was just finding an outlet tbh. Without Goku, he might have trash talked but it wouldn't have been half as aggressive. Dabura wouldn't have caught on to the evil in his heart.
Fair enough, but the Buu arc would end pretty anticlimactically without that extra wrench.
Because he finds that inner resolve, as he's backed into a corner, closer than he was in the canon series when Goku and Vegeta showed up, and he was at the point that he either he evolves or dies.

The Transcendent Form is a mix of Magic and Ki. Combining the Unlock form with Super Saiyan does wonders in that regard, giving him access to magic. He wants to do something like neutralize Kid Buu or pull his family and friends out of Super Buu, well with magic, he could.

And yet he couldn't put him down permanently.
Okay,i guess the other parts make sense now. Although I'm not sure how plausible the transcendent form is, it's just enough bullshit to be part of the boo saga :lol:

That's because super boo got stronger than Gohan. I don't see why kid boo would last a long time unless he got stronger? Maybe kid boo gets stronger the more he lasts? That would make more sense I guess. Although I think Gohan would get rid of him quickly after what happened with super boo.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.