Roshi's lifestyle during goku's arrival on earth

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

Roshi's lifestyle during goku's arrival on earth

Post by cheddarsword » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:57 pm

i know roshi has to be an old man at this point in the story, because gohan was. I do believe that roshi is likely "immortal" at this point too.

but what was he doing? where was he living? Was he visiting anywhere or had he already become known as a hermit at the time?

i'd check the wiki, but... i've already been burned by it. i'll take a peek, but I'll hold off using what i find until i get it confirmed.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Re: Roshi's lifestyle during goku's arrival on earth

Post by floofychan333 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:26 pm

I think he was the exact same as he was during Goku's training, except not training anyone. Probably watching exercise videos for hours on end and occasionally riding Turtle to the mainland to attempt to pick up girls.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:03 pm

floofychan333 wrote:I think he was the exact same as he was during Goku's training, except not training anyone. Probably watching exercise videos for hours on end and occasionally riding Turtle to the mainland to attempt to pick up girls.
seriously? him riding turtle to the mainland is a possibility? if that's the case... then that's perfect!

i was looking for something like this for my fanfic. thanks!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:36 pm

Y'know, typical Roshi stuff...

fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:35 pm

His hobbies (according to the Super Exciting Guide) are reading, watching TV, browsing the internet (and obviously, adult sites too), playing video games, and afternoon naps, so I would imagine that’s mostly what he was doing during those times.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:14 am

i was just hoping that the name "turtle hermit" wasn't lived up to very well.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:22 pm

cheddarsword wrote:
floofychan333 wrote:I think he was the exact same as he was during Goku's training, except not training anyone. Probably watching exercise videos for hours on end and occasionally riding Turtle to the mainland to attempt to pick up girls.
seriously? him riding turtle to the mainland is a possibility? if that's the case... then that's perfect!

i was looking for something like this for my fanfic. thanks!
Yeah, remember he rode Turtle to the mainland to meet Goku and Bulma? Also, he could ride a spinning Turtle to the mainland, like when he goes to put out the fire on Fry-Pan mountain. Also, you're very welcome! I'm glad to be of service.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu