Two more levels to a Super Saiyan 4 theory

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: 2 more levels to ssj4 theory

Post by Saturnine » Wed May 03, 2017 5:00 am

Saturnine wrote:Anyway, most folks seem to follow the gray-haired SSj5 design in their headcanons
I honestly don't see the fascination with a white-haired form. It never looked powerful to me conceptually, like what Toriyama said: it makes them look to "old" and I have to agree.
I'm not sure Toriyama ever said anything about SSj5, because the white-haired iteration is entirely fanmade :D

It does make them look elderly, but gives them a sense of power associated with that. IMO SSj4 felt a bit incomplete in and of itself, because the hair was black. Gogeta fixed this by having red hair, but black hair feels too basic for the form to feel like a final form. The fanmade version of 5 is somewhat better in that regard, though I would probably prefer gold fur and hair or something, that would feel closer to the original Super Saiyan line.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Wed May 03, 2017 2:18 pm

Saturnine wrote:
Saturnine wrote:Anyway, most folks seem to follow the gray-haired SSj5 design in their headcanons
I honestly don't see the fascination with a white-haired form. It never looked powerful to me conceptually, like what Toriyama said: it makes them look to "old" and I have to agree.
I'm not sure Toriyama ever said anything about SSj5, because the white-haired iteration is entirely fanmade :D

It does make them look elderly, but gives them a sense of power associated with that. IMO SSj4 felt a bit incomplete in and of itself, because the hair was black. Gogeta fixed this by having red hair, but black hair feels too basic for the form to feel like a final form. The fanmade version of 5 is somewhat better in that regard, though I would probably prefer gold fur and hair or something, that would feel closer to the original Super Saiyan line.
I think he said something about white hair making them look elderly when the was considering giving the SSGSS white hair before he gave it blue hair, at least I think he did. Its why I don't think the parallel obsession with the fan assertion of a legitimate "Super Saiyan white" is also uninspiring. The black hair to the SS4 form made it look more like an upgraded base form to me. It also looked most natural for them to be in for prolonged periods because it resembled their base form; that has black hair. The gold coloring people say would look better, to me looks like it misses the concept entirely of SS4. It to my preference at least shouldn't feel like an extension of the other SS forms if it isn't one. As Toriyama did actually say, SS2 & 3 are just ascended versions of SS1 really. SS4 having a hairy body and a gold tail doesn't fit the progression.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Re: Two more levels to a Super Saiyan 4 theory

Post by Pantalones » Wed May 03, 2017 4:20 pm

The books mentioned ssj4 is 4000x base.
What "books" would this be, again? The only place I know of that the 4000x number is coming from is fan-theories... there's never been an official "multiplier" for SSj4.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed May 03, 2017 4:49 pm

SingleFringe&Sparks wrote:
Saturnine wrote:

I think he said something about white hair making them look elderly when the was considering giving the SSGSS white hair before he gave it blue hair, at least I think he did. Its why I don't think the parallel obsession with the fan assertion of a legitimate "Super Saiyan white" is also uninspiring. The black hair to the SS4 form made it look more like an upgraded base form to me. It also looked most natural for them to be in for prolonged periods because it resembled their base form; that has black hair. The gold coloring people say would look better, to me looks like it misses the concept entirely of SS4. It to my preference at least shouldn't feel like an extension of the other SS forms if it isn't one. As Toriyama did actually say, SS2 & 3 are just ascended versions of SS1 really. SS4 having a hairy body and a gold tail doesn't fit the progression.
He actually said he changed SSGSS original white hair because of the «next villain». Whatever that villain is the resurrected Frieza or Zamas is unknow (the logical reason should be Frieza I suppose, but I don't see what would be the problem in that case since Goku and Vegeta face a gold Frieza). Knowing Toriyama, he could just design new outfits to fit the white hair amd not make them look elderly. After seeing his designs for both the SSGSS and Rosé, its pretty clear to me that he is fantastic regarding colours combinations.

IMHO SS4 could have worked if first it wasn't called like that (the name is a pure nonsense, its not really aan upgrade of SS3) and it it had brown fur. The next form could be a combination of SS4 and the classical SS, probably something similar to SS4 Gogeta in terms of colours.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

SingleFringe&Sparks

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Wed May 03, 2017 5:12 pm

MisteryOne wrote:
He actually said he changed SSGSS original white hair because of the «next villain». Whatever that villain is the resurrected Frieza or Zamas is unknow (the logical reason should be Frieza I suppose, but I don't see what would be the problem in that case since Goku and Vegeta face a gold Frieza). Knowing Toriyama, he could just design new outfits to fit the white hair amd not make them look elderly. After seeing his designs for both the SSGSS and Rosé, its pretty clear to me that he is fantastic regarding colours combinations.

IMHO SS4 could have worked if first it wasn't called like that (the name is a pure nonsense, its not really an upgrade of SS3) and it had brown fur. The next form could be a combination of SS4 and the classical SS, probably something similar to SS4 Gogeta in terms of colours.
For whatever reason I thought he said that while planing for Zamasu. Though I don't think a new outfit would change the aesthetic because we always associate white hair with old age on human-like characters instantly, at least thats how I feel I'm wired. I don't know if he specifically chose the colors for SSG because his draft had different tints on them. It had crimson hair and a gold aura, where as the anime gave it magenta hair and a fiery orange aura.

I agree that SS4 shouldn't be called that, implying its a part of the gold line, when it isnt. Its its own divergent form that they found after SS3, but they aren't art all connected just like SSG and SSB. So it is somewhat problematic if you nitpick at it, but SSG is the only thing that emphasizes that the forms aren't strictly numerical. Though I like the design of the SS5's motif being an SS4 with SS3 styled hair. I think that is a very authoritive form. The tint of the white fur though is debatable.
Pantalones wrote:
The books mentioned ssj4 is 4000x base.
What "books" would this be, again? The only place I know of that the 4000x number is coming from is fan-theories... there's never been an official "multiplier" for SSj4.
It was in the book that said SS4 was on par with Vegito from what I hear. GT Perfect files. Though believable or not the multiplier does make sense. Its really just SS3x10 which is Goku's max power x10 from the Oozaru. In Base thats 4000 to my rationality.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Wed May 03, 2017 7:43 pm

I mean...they literally named it SSJ4. Its appearance isnt isn't an extension of SSJ but I dont think the name could be clearer on the intent.

It may or may not have grades to it but I highly doubt there is something that works with SSJ2 does to SSJ1 and if it did it would be called SSJ5 lol
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Tue May 16, 2017 10:40 am

MisteryOne wrote: IMHO SS4 could have worked if first it wasn't called like that (the name is a pure nonsense, its not really aan upgrade of SS3) and it it had brown fur. The next form could be a combination of SS4 and the classical SS, probably something similar to SS4 Gogeta in terms of colours.
Or just golden SSJ4, tons of fanmade of that and it looks great.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue May 16, 2017 2:51 pm

I have a theory that there might be two levels beyond Super Saiyan 4:

Super Saiyan 5 and Super Saiyan 6.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed May 17, 2017 6:36 am

Cipher wrote:I have a theory that there might be two levels beyond Super Saiyan 4:

Super Saiyan 5 and Super Saiyan 6.
So...SSJG and SSGSS.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]