Has Goku taught anybody teleportation?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Has Goku taught anybody teleportation?

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:50 pm

Everyone's life would be a massive amount more convenient if they just knew IT. In the Buu saga everyone had to grab on to a guy who knew it to do it. Does Goku not realize how outrageously inconvenient this is? If he hasn't taught anyone (which I assume he hasn't because nobody's asked him and I can't recall anyone other than him and the Kaioshins using it) then how does he not see that it would greatly improve their lives and fighting ability?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Re: Has Goku taught anybody Instant Transmission?

Post by Nejishiki » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:26 am

Teleportation is referenced as a difficult technique to master. The first we see of Goku using it somewhat comfortably, in action, is against Beerus. It's apparent that notable concentration is still necessary & it's not presented as a viable alternative to speed quite yet despite the years in familiarity. With that in mind, it's probably difficult to reasonably suggest Goku can teach others teleportation in a timely manner. It's a persistent practice before it edges towards consistent reliability. I doubt Goku is intentionally holding out on everyone as tends to be the popular thought (assuming there were willing students interested to begin with).

mcdjbeatz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mcdjbeatz » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:28 am

Goku said he had only learnt one technique being Instant Transmission because he didn't have much time despite the fact that he spent around a year on Yardrat. This coupled with the fact that Goku said that Instant Transmission took a lot of hard work to learn indicates that learning instant transmission is very difficult and time consuming even for a person who has great mastery over their ki such as Goku. Due to this I don't see Goku willing to lose upwards of a year's worth of time, time he could be using to train. I couldn't see anyone else willing to lose this much time either considering the fact that there doesn't seem to anyone who even wants to learn the technique as we haven't seen anyone ask. If anyone is desperate enough to learn the technique then they should get Goku to take them to Yardrat, if Goku can't sense the ki of the inhabitants of Yardrat then he can try from Kaio's or Kaioshin's or Beerus' or even just get Kaioshin to take that person there via the Kai Kai technique. Or even better learn the Kai Kai technique from Kaioshin if possible.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:13 am

Well, he taught Cell. Oops. :lol: Goku never teaches any of his techniques except the Kamehameha to his friends or family and I cannot fathom why.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:05 pm

My personal headcanon about why Goku never taught the Instant Transmission to anyone else was because ,aside from having a very long learning curve and being time consuming, it requieres specific methods and tools that only the Yardrats could provide (like there being some sort of Yardrat exclusive sorcery involved).
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:27 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:My personal headcanon about why Goku never taught the Instant Transmission to anyone else was because ,aside from having a very long learning curve and being time consuming, it requieres specific methods and tools that only the Yardrats could provide (like there being some sort of Yardrat exclusive sorcery involved).
Then just teleport them there?
酷签名

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:49 pm

Goku spent at least a whole year on Yardrat JUST to learn Instant Transmission. He didn't learn any other techniques, and I doubt he was just wasting time relaxing. If he wasn't training the whole time, he would have gone home. It took a year of nonstop training to learn Instant Transmission. The people who still train would probably prefer to up their power or master their own techniques further.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:27 pm

Because... no one asked?

Besides, didn't he explain it to them when he got back from Yardrat, or was that a Dubism?

But yeah, battle applications were iffy at best. Just because you can use something out of battle, doesn't mean you know how to use it in battle.

Besides, He was a super saiyan and it took him about a year to learn it. A SUPER SAIYAN. He could punch a hole through any of his friends without even trying and it took him about a YEAR to learn it. Think Yamcha could learn it in a year? Tien maybe... but not in a year. Gohan? I could see that. Vegeta too... HAHAHA! Yeah, like Vegeta would let GOKU teach him something!

Piccolo though... Yeah, I could see him learning it. Him more than Tien really.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:45 pm

nickzambuto wrote:Goku spent at least a whole year on Yardrat JUST to learn Instant Transmission. He didn't learn any other techniques, and I doubt he was just wasting time relaxing. If he wasn't training the whole time, he would have gone home. It took a year of nonstop training to learn Instant Transmission. The people who still train would probably prefer to up their power or master their own techniques further.
The way the cast can easily copy techniques but still couldn't copy neither the kaioken or IT speaks volumes about their difficulty levels..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:54 pm

cheddarsword wrote:Because... no one asked?

Besides, didn't he explain it to them when he got back from Yardrat, or was that a Dubism?

But yeah, battle applications were iffy at best. Just because you can use something out of battle, doesn't mean you know how to use it in battle.

Besides, He was a super saiyan and it took him about a year to learn it. A SUPER SAIYAN. He could punch a hole through any of his friends without even trying and it took him about a YEAR to learn it. Think Yamcha could learn it in a year? Tien maybe... but not in a year. Gohan? I could see that. Vegeta too... HAHAHA! Yeah, like Vegeta would let GOKU teach him something!

I don't see what being a SSJ has to do with learning a technique. Your comment about strength really doesn't make any sense at all.
I also think it's incredibly dumb that no one except Goku learned the kaioken. This would have been so useful even into the buu saga it would have been unreal..

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:10 pm

TheMikado wrote:
cheddarsword wrote:Because... no one asked?

I don't see what being a SSJ has to do with learning a technique. Your comment about strength really doesn't make any sense at all.
I also think it's incredibly dumb that no one except Goku learned the kaioken. This would have been so useful even into the buu saga it would have been unreal..
The ability to become a super saiyan set him above everyone else. The only ones that ever came close to the power he had when he first became a super saiyan (that aren't saiyans) are Piccolo and Tien. Of course 17 and 18 outclassed Goku and Vegeta not long after they became super saiyan but he was never around them to teach them.

Of course though, I guess I see your point. Instant Transmission isn't as much about power as it is Ki control and focus. Naturally, without Ki, you don't have much power, so you can kind of use power as a Ki barometer. Not a very accurate one mind you but it'll get the job done.

Also, the same can be said for Kaioken. Compared to Yamcha, Tien and Piccolo, Goku's either a prodigy or an anomaly. Piccolo might have been able to learn Kaioken and maybe even Tien but I'm not sure Yamcha could. Sure, he was able to withstand the 10x gravity but that's not saying much as even Chaotzu managed that.

Or perhaps look at it like this. Maybe he was the only one with enough Ki control to keep the flow of energy balanced. The Kaioken is a dangerous skill that if not properly regulated can end up killing the user. Would you really trust Yamcha with that kind of risk? He'd just end up right back at King Kai's planet.

Or maybe there's another problem. It probably would have taken them longer to learn the skill than Goku AND it probably took them longer to get across snake way. In short, barely enough time to learn it, not enough time to learn how to work it.

They could have learned AFTER that but by then, the only one who could teach them had become a Super Saiyan and as such, several times stronger than them to the point that the Kaioken wouldn't make them as strong as he was.