Could Beerus kill someone immortal?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Could Beerus kill someone immortal?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:37 am

It was implied that if the future Zamasu had already obtained immortality, Beerus couldn't kill him and would have to seal him, but that's probably because the Super Dragonballs were so powerful. But if someone was made immortal by Shenron or Porunga could he kill them? Say, Garlic Jr. for example. Or if Freeza succeeded in gaining immortality on Namek.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

MrWalnut4
Beyond Newbie

Re: Could Beerus kill someone immortal?

Post by MrWalnut4 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:50 am

It depends on what the series defines immortality as. If we assume that it is defined only as how Zamasu was represented, then it is possible that Beerus could not be able to kill an immortal person. However, Dragon Ball isn't exactly known for its tight logical consistency, so I assume if that situation were ever to occur with Earths or New Nameks Dragon Balls that Beerus would be able to kill them without a problem. Not to be overly cynical, but it seems like the power of that concept fluctuates at the whim of the writers at this point.

SuperSalt

Post by SuperSalt » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:50 am

I think you're right about the Super Dragon Balls. Their wishes are ultimate, and therefore Zamasu got actual immortality. I personally believe that the immortality granted from Earths/Namek's dragon balls, wouldn't be as strong. And since Beerus is the God of Destruction, I think he would be able to destroy immortality granted by anything less than the super dragon balls. They are afterall created by an actual God, and anything less than that, Beerus should be able to destroy.

But hey, this is just my headcanon. Not claiming this as the truth.

cheddarsword
Regular

Post by cheddarsword » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:09 am

The Dragon Balls' powers are usually linked to the person that made them or the person that took their position, right?

So then... who controls the Super Dragon Balls? If it's Zeno... then I foresee problems with the wish Goku would make as I think he'd wish back all the erased universes... Can't see Zeno being to happy with that.

On topic, If it IS Zeno that controls them, then that would explain why Beerus can't kill an immortal made with them.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:23 am

The latest manga chapter implied that Vegetto was perfectly capable of killing Merged Zamasu the same way that Majin Buu is capable of being killed. By overpowering him to the point that his regen can't keep up. And since they're both on the same tier of power, I'm 100% sure Beerus could do it as well

SuperSalt

Post by SuperSalt » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:35 am

OLKv3 wrote:The latest manga chapter implied that Vegetto was perfectly capable of killing Merged Zamasu the same way that Majin Buu is capable of being killed. By overpowering him to the point that his regen can't keep up. And since they're both on the same tier of power, I'm 100% sure Beerus could do it as well
I haven't read the last couple of chapters of the manga, but they were only able to defeat Merged Zamasu because he fused. His immortality suffered when he merged with a non-immortal (Black), which is why he could take any kind of damage at all- in the anime at least. Bear in mind that it was an immortality wish from the Super Dragon Balls. That leads me to believe that he couldn't be killed by anyone, except for Zeno of course. I might be wrong in this, but it's how I understand it.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:25 pm

SuperSalt wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:The latest manga chapter implied that Vegetto was perfectly capable of killing Merged Zamasu the same way that Majin Buu is capable of being killed. By overpowering him to the point that his regen can't keep up. And since they're both on the same tier of power, I'm 100% sure Beerus could do it as well
I haven't read the last couple of chapters of the manga, but they were only able to defeat Merged Zamasu because he fused. His immortality suffered when he merged with a non-immortal (Black), which is why he could take any kind of damage at all- in the anime at least. Bear in mind that it was an immortality wish from the Super Dragon Balls. That leads me to believe that he couldn't be killed by anyone, except for Zeno of course. I might be wrong in this, but it's how I understand it.
That doesn't apply to the manga. Read the chapter, it's completely different

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:58 pm

I thought the Super Dragonballs were created/powered by Zarama
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147