An Honest Discussion on Legendary Super Saiyans

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

cheddarsword
Regular

An Honest Discussion on Legendary Super Saiyans

Post by cheddarsword » Sun May 07, 2017 3:34 am

So we've recently seen that the character we've all been calling "Fem Broly" isn't the character we thought it would be. Call it what you want but it is what it is. Kale is the berserker style "Fem Broly" that we've seen in the animations.

However, considering the lack of usage of the term "Legendary Super Saiyan" in official media so far has me wondering what her status is. Is she really the U6 Legendary Super Saiyan? Is her "Fem Broly" state just a rage fueled Grade 3?

To answer these questions, we're going to have to sit down and have an honest discussion about it. And we're going to have to keep our minds open on this one.

There's a few factors that we'll have to look at. I'll list a few of them here.

1: What is the Legendary Super Saiyan form, really? Supposedly it's a form only attainable by the "Thousand Year Super Saiyan", has Ki that continues to rise on it's own and for some reason applies a green tint to the hair.

2: Retcons. It's possible that toriyama has decided to change what was already established with Broly. If so, this redefines what it means to be "Legendary".

3: Gender. Yes, Gender. We have Artwork of Kale in her Super Saiyan state and she looks drastically different from her base form. She's muscular. This is unique so far, as Cabba doesn't gain muscles when he takes on the Super Saiyan form. Also, Toriyama has stated in the past that he didn't want to make a female super saiyan because he didn't know how to draw them. Perhaps the muscles are unique to female super saiyans and not just Kale?

4: Super Saiyan Grades. We know the grades by now, but I think they're worth understanding better. I'm not about to start the whole "Grade 3 Vs. SS2" thing up again. That's an argument that could go around for centuries. But what if the LSS form took a place among the grade system?

I know how the internet works. Honest discussions can turn into heated debates, which can devolve into flame wars.

But I think it's time we attempted to crack this nut and i don't think that one person sorting through the Dragon Ball Wiki and fact checking it will get the job done. Besides, it helps to have multiple oppinions and thoughts on the matter. by sharing these, we may just reach at least a better understanding of the situation.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: An Honest Discussion on Legendary Super Siayans.

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun May 07, 2017 4:15 am

There's definitely room for this discussion, but I think you're wanting to jump into it to early. We don't even know if Kale actually uses LSS, or if it's just an homage. If she has attained it, we don't know how nor whether or not it works the same as we've seen previously. We could just discuss how it applies to Broly, but that's now subject to change at any time.

I'd be more comfortable talking about this after the tournament
Retired.