When did Yamcha find out that the boy from the future was Trunks?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

When did Yamcha find out that the boy from the future was Trunks?

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:06 am

I noticed when Krillin and Trunks were going to pick up Goku and carry him into the plane to escape 17 and 18, When Chi chi answered the door, in the Kai dub, Yamcha said around the lines "Future Trunks! What's up buddy" or around those lines. It was slightly paraphrased from the original line saying "Hey it's the boy from the future".
That rose my suspicions that FUNi made a nitpick mistake there. Or was a Yamcha somehow aware that Bulma's kid was the younger version sometime before? Maybe I missed it.

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Re: When did Yamcha find out that the boy from the future was Trunks?

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:58 pm

OWmyDragonBallz wrote:I noticed when Krillin and Trunks were going to pick up Goku and carry him into the plane to escape 17 and 18, When Chi chi answered the door, in the Kai dub, Yamcha said around the lines "Future Trunks! What's up buddy" or around those lines. It was slightly paraphrased from the original line saying "Hey it's the boy from the future".
That rose my suspicions that FUNi made a nitpick mistake there. Or was a Yamcha somehow aware that Bulma's kid was the younger version sometime before? Maybe I missed it.
Yeah I think that was a mis step from Funimation's end.When I watched that episode in Kai, it always through me off.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy