What happened to Buu in Cell's future?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

What happened to Buu in Cell's future?

Post by uncutpokemon » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:37 pm

So you know that future timeline were Cell Came from? In this timeline, Trunks defeated #17 & #18, but was then killed by cell so he can go to the past. Well what happened with Majin Buu in that timeline? Since Super officially revealed that in the timeline Trunks was from he was able to beat Dabura and Babidi before they could revive Buu, I can't help wonder what the timeline that's almost identical to that one minus Trunks did about that problem. My only guess is that without Trunks, Supreme Kai and Kabito likely tried to stop Babidi, only to be overpowered by Dabura. So does this mean that Majin Buu was successfully awakened in the future Cell comes from? Or did that future have some other fate?

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: What happened to Buu in Cell's future?

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:06 am

Assuming they gathered enough energy, he probably ends up killing Bobbidi and Dabra and destroying a huge part of the universe for fun. Maybe Beerus destroys him after some time.
Retired.

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:23 am

Beerus would be dead since Supreme Kai Likely died trying to stop Buu. Keep in mind that if Supreme Kai dies, so does Beerus.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:30 am

uncutpokemon wrote:Beerus would be dead since Supreme Kai Likely died trying to stop Buu. Keep in mind that if Supreme Kai dies, so does Beerus.
I don't know if Kaioshin would have confronted Boo under these circumstances. Boo wouldn't get his energy from Earth, and we don't know of many other powerful beings in the Universe, so Bobbidi would likely lay low and take as little risks as possible, since the rewards were bound to be minimal either way. After Boo was resurrected, one of the first things Kaioshin recommended is that he and Gohan run away and bide their time until Boo was sealed away. In the case that Bobbidi is dead, we know that Boo has sleep cycles similar to Beerus, long periods of destruction followed by long periods of sleep. It wouldn't be unthinkable that Kaioshin finds a way to stop Boo in his sleep, or perhaps he'd buy his time until Beerus woke up. If he's really looking for trouble, he may even try to wake up Beerus himself.
Retired.

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:35 am

Pretty sure Supreme Kai would be trying to do everything he can to prevent Buu from emerging. in the manga version, him and Kibito actually help Trunks in the fight, and it was the combined efforts of the 3 that beat Dabura and Babidi, but it still came at the cost of Supreme Kai's (and Kibitos) life. So yeah, pretty sure Supreme Kai would be dead trying to stop Buu either way.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:57 am

Probably never awakened from the pod he was sealed into, or at least not until waaaaay further in the future.

If Babidi came to Earth after Cell had killed Trunks and went back in time, he would probably take Buu's pod somewhere else -- with the population decimated thanks to the Androids and all the strong fighters dead or otherwise gone, there wouldn't be much hope of reviving Buu if he stayed on Earth.

Unless he was able to find a different planet with stronger fighters on it, Buu probably wouldn't be revived anytime soon and the Kaioshin might manage to track Babidi down and finish him off before he could do it (especially if he was able to appoint new West/North/South Kaioshins so it wouldn't just be him and Kibito trying to fight somebody like Dabura.) Maybe he could go around draining remnants of Freeza's army, since it doesn't seem like Freeza was revived in either of the future timelines? They're weaklings, sure, but grunts with power levels between a few hundred and a few thousand would still fill up the gauge a lot quicker than a bunch of humans with PL 5.

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:16 am

Buu is never revived as they don't gather enough energy, there are 28 planets and they still had to choose tien from all of it for the tournament, if even that much is gone there simply isn't enough energy to revive buu unless they Massacre entire planets for many many years, till that time shin tracks them down and its game over
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:03 pm

I'd presume he was never revived.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

uncutpokemon
Not-So-Newbie

Post by uncutpokemon » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:33 pm

I should point out that the only real difference between Cells future timeline and Trunks future timeline is that Trunk isn't alive in Cells. And that Babidi did try to revive Buu in Trunks future, so I don't think one less person would give Babidi reason to not bother.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:40 pm

Majin Boo goes on to destroy planets until he crosses paths with Beerus. "You did well in my sleep. You shall be sealed now".

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:38 pm

I suppose Babidi found the egg, and had to go to other planets to find sufficient life forms to absorb. When Buu was released Babidi went on to commit all the mayhem and murder he so wanted.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:20 pm

With how much energy it required to resurrect him in the manga -- essentially three Super Saiyan 2s all being drained severely -- Buu's prospects look bleak. The most powerful life forms Babidi would be able to find on Earth in this timeline are Yajirobe and Popo (this may not even work since Popo is technically classified as a deity). They're not going to find much else except some warrior class Namekians, Yardratians, and the populations of whatever species were living under Freeza's thumb.

When Beerus does awaken, the worst he should come across is Dabura. Now if Babidi could somehow wrestle control by exploiting the darkness in Beerus and Whis' hearts, you might have a problem then. No one would be capable of standing up to those two in this universe. So unless Kaioshin is still alive in this timeline and is able to make a plea for assistance from the other universes or Zeno himself, Babidi will reign supreme in Universe 7.