Could Beerus Destroy...?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Could Beerus Destroy...?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:59 pm

I know its a slippery slope introducing such comic characters but could Beerus destroy Dr. Manhattan?
I ask because Beerus' Hakai technique seems to eliminate a body and soul from existence in the DB universe and other beings like Vados and Zeno Sama possess similar, more powerful techniques. Suppose Dr.Manhattan decide to fiddle around with the DB multiverse with his seemingly new ability to effect timelines and Beerus was tasked to destroy him before he did, is it possible? If not could Vados or Zeno Sama do it? Super Shenlong's magic?
Thoughts?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Could Beerus Destroy...?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:12 pm

Well he could probably kill the movie version or the version from the original Watchmen series, but not since they've made him ridiculously more powerful in the newer comics. He exists in every timeline and can merge and separate and create universes or some such thing, and also has quantum time travel powers that let him decide which timeline is real or some crazy thing like that. And he was also messing with DC's multiverse which is a lot bigger than DB's. So even Zeno I think wouldn't be able to do much, especially since he's limited to a single timeline.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Well I know at the very least he is capable of traveling in and out of individual timelines and has learned how to do so with such efficiency that he can leave lasting effects such as removal of temporal increments as he did with the new 52, however he cannot just change existence on a whim. He basically is conducting an experiment with the space/time continuum and has to follow each step that while on a cosmic scale, is still limited to the process of forming a hypothesis, observation, obtaining results, forming a conclusion, etc. It seems to be his only real limitation that may possibly stem from being exposed to a horde of tachyons which is known to muddle his sight on the future.
If a Hakaishin, Angel, or Zeno Sama were to catch him between each step do you suppose he might be vulnerable to destruction though?

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:58 pm

Beerus...probably not.

Zeno...absolutely. at least if its in his own universe. He can simply wipe it clean...he killed an immortal.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:52 pm

In the Before Watchmen series it was explained that he deliberately limits himself so that other people can have free will, because if he didn't then he would be the only being in existence with free will who would decide events could possibly occur. He even went back in time and killed himself before he got his powers but it did nothing to harm his acausal self, then he just undid it all, collapsing the countless universes he had created by altering the past back into one, the one of his choosing. So no, Zeno couldn't do anything to him. Zeno wouldn't even exist, and would have never existed, if he didn't want him to. The guy is bullshit overpowered.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:35 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:In the Before Watchmen series it was explained that he deliberately limits himself so that other people can have free will, because if he didn't then he would be the only being in existence with free will who would decide events could possibly occur. He even went back in time and killed himself before he got his powers but it did nothing to harm his acausal self, then he just undid it all, collapsing the countless universes he had created by altering the past back into one, the one of his choosing. So no, Zeno couldn't do anything to him. Zeno wouldn't even exist, and would have never existed, if he didn't want him to. The guy is bullshit overpowered.
Actually he did have a limit, every time he tried to control the outcome of each timeline it always ended the same in nuclear war and life on the planet perished. He was traveling around to each timeline to see if the result would be any different based on subtle changes he would personally enact at different points of his existence but was unable to prevent a percentage of bombs from dropping(in the lab he admits to Silk Spectre and Rorschach that some would slip by his grasp even if he tried his best), it fits into his whole speech that everything is in fact preordained and even he cannot change it but can observe it play out.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:51 am

Highly doubt it. Now that we know the Hakai powers aren't absolute, it won't work on Manhattan. Push comes to shove after he gets hit he'll [spoiler]recreate himself like he did against Ozymandias.[/spoiler]

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jul 08, 2017 1:39 am

theherodjl wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:In the Before Watchmen series it was explained that he deliberately limits himself so that other people can have free will, because if he didn't then he would be the only being in existence with free will who would decide events could possibly occur. He even went back in time and killed himself before he got his powers but it did nothing to harm his acausal self, then he just undid it all, collapsing the countless universes he had created by altering the past back into one, the one of his choosing. So no, Zeno couldn't do anything to him. Zeno wouldn't even exist, and would have never existed, if he didn't want him to. The guy is bullshit overpowered.
Actually he did have a limit, every time he tried to control the outcome of each timeline it always ended the same in nuclear war and life on the planet perished. He was traveling around to each timeline to see if the result would be any different based on subtle changes he would personally enact at different points of his existence but was unable to prevent a percentage of bombs from dropping(in the lab he admits to Silk Spectre and Rorschach that some would slip by his grasp even if he tried his best), it fits into his whole speech that everything is in fact preordained and even he cannot change it but can observe it play out.
That was in the original comics. I already said that that version would lose, but they retconned him to be insanely more powerful.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:22 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:That was in the original comics. I already said that that version would lose, but they retconned him to be insanely more powerful.
What new nigh-omnipotent powers does he have now? As far as we know he has learned how to alter time and space much like his counterpart Captain Atom but he is doing it on a grander scale which has taken him time to achieve, that's why he has been hiding his presence from the DC universe. Besides altering the spacetime continuum with much effort his other feats includes killing Reverse Flash, Pandora, Owlman and Möbius. That puts him on a mere universal level at best.
This reminds me of Imperiex who was stated to harness the power of the big bang but only through a combination of physical effort, technology, and setting. Dr. Manhattan is kind of the same way, he cannot just alter existence with a snap of his fingers like Beyonder could. There has to be a process behind it.
Regardless of whatever powers he may have gained he should still be susceptible to attacks on his consciousness or soul, I think if Zeno Sama can erase a universe with a wave of his hand now that he should be able to do something to Dr. Manhattan.
Last edited by theherodjl on Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:37 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:That was in the original comics. I already said that that version would lose, but they retconned him to be insanely more powerful.
What new nigh-omnipotent powers does he have now? As far as we know he has learned how to alter time and space much like his counterpart Captain Atom but he is doing it on a grander scale which has taken him time to achieve, that's why he has been hiding his presence from the DC universe. Besides altering the spacetime continuum with much effort his other feats includes killing Reverse Flash, Pandora, Owlman and Möbius. That puts him on a mere universal level at best.
This reminds me of Imperiex who was stated to harness the power of the big bang but only through a combination of physical effort, technology, and setting. Dr. Manhattan is kind of the same way, he cannot just alter existence with a snap of his fingers like Beyonder could. There has to be a process behind it.
Current Dr. Manhattan is way more powerful than Imperiex ever was. He was able to easily create and destroy universes with any of his actions: http://i.imgur.com/WNzgpKm.jpg

And he removed 10 years from the current DC multiverse easily: https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/o ... -rebir.jpg

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
Current Dr. Manhattan is way more powerful than Imperiex ever was. He was able to easily create and destroy universes with any of his actions: http://i.imgur.com/WNzgpKm.jpg

And he removed 10 years from the current DC multiverse easily: https://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/o ... -rebir.jpg
He created new timelines via quantum time travel, anyone with a time machine can achieve this feat as well. Look at Trunks or Doc Brown & Marty Mcfly, the latter two erased a timeline with time travel too.
Removing time from an existing universe is more impressive but beings like Mephisto or Dormammu are capable of doing so too with magic, obtaining the time gem and being proficient with it could result in removal of time as well.
Dr. Manhattan is powerful yes but he's neither omnipotent or unbeatable, the Living Tribunal is what Dr. Manhattan could become one day and the Beyonders smoked that guy out of existence.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:44 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
theherodjl wrote:

He created new timelines via quantum time travel, anyone with a time machine can achieve this feat as well. Look at Trunks or Doc Brown & Marty Mcfly, the latter two erased a timeline with time travel too.
They didn't erase a timeline. The feat is how he created so many and then destroyed all of them except for the original.
Removing time from an existing universe is more impressive but beings like Mephisto or Dormammu are capable of doing so too with magic, obtaining the time gem and being proficient with it could result in removal of time as well.
Mephisto just changed the events of Spider-Man's marriage, editing just one small part of the timeline.
Dr. Manhattan is powerful yes but he's neither omnipotent or unbeatable, the Living Tribunal is what Dr. Manhattan could become one day and the Beyonders smoked that guy out of existence.
I don't think he's unbeatable. Just really really powerful.