How powerful would Videl and Trunks become after training together in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

How powerful would Videl and Trunks become after training together in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:17 pm

As mentioned above, if Videl from the beginning of the Great Saiyaman Saga had been safely able to spend an entire year training with Trunks from the beginning of Dragon Ball GT within the Room of Spirit and Time, how much would they improve? Would they have surpassed their limits? Especially since Videl and Trunks are such quick learners and are quite talented at their age?

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Re: How powerful would Videl and Trunks become after training together in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:18 pm

Videl will be cell level

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: How powerful would Videl and Trunks become after training together in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Dragonballgod19 wrote:Videl will be cell level
Thank you for responding in record time, Dragonballgod19! :thumbup:

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:20 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:Videl will be cell level
Thank you for responding in record time, Dragonballgod19!
Your welcome :D

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:39 pm

Yeah, Cell level sounds about right for Videl.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:57 pm

nickzambuto wrote:Yeah, Cell level sounds about right for Videl.
Thank you for replying as well, Nickzambuto! :thumbup:

Amerigo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Amerigo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:20 pm

I honestly think you're downplaying her a bit. Not as strong as Buuhan, but I could see her duking it out with Fat Buu

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 am

Amerigo wrote:
I honestly think you're downplaying her a bit. Not as strong as Buuhan, but I could see her duking it out with Fat Buu
It depends on if she's able to figure out how to get god ki by herself, which is possible.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:03 am

You guys think she's stronger than Goku from the beginning of Z? He had a lot of trouble with the 10 times gravity on Kaio's planet :think:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:07 am

mute_proxy wrote:You guys think she's stronger than Goku from the beginning of Z? He had a lot of trouble with the 10 times gravity on Kaio's planet :think:
At her first appearance, Videl is probably almost as strong as Goku was from the beginning of Dragon Ball. But if she and Trunks were to have spent a year inside the Hyperbolic Time Chamber together in preparing for a confrontation with Gohan and possible enemies beyond the safety of the planet Earth respectively in their dimensions, Videl would had surpassed Vegeta from the Saiyan Saga by several orders of magnitude and Trunks would had far surpassed Ultimate Gohan.
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:You guys think she's stronger than Goku from the beginning of Z? He had a lot of trouble with the 10 times gravity on Kaio's planet :think:
At her first appearance, Videl is probably almost as strong as Goku was from the beginning of Dragon Ball.
Then in no way would she be on Cell's level after a year. Probably not even Piccolo Jr.'s level

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:36 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
At her first appearance, Videl is probably almost as strong as Goku was from the beginning of Dragon Ball.
Then in no way would she be on Cell's level after a year. Probably not even Piccolo Jr.'s level
Highly unlikely, as Videl would have benefited from training with Trunks.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:59 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote: At her first appearance, Videl is probably almost as strong as Goku was from the beginning of Dragon Ball.
Vegeta trained with Trunks and Gohan trained with Goku, none of them were stronger against Cell (until SS2). Logically it would be impossible for her to top them. And she's not a Saiyan, battle damage wont make her stronger.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:18 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Steven Bloodriver wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
Vegeta trained with Trunks and Gohan trained with Goku, none of them were stronger against Cell (until SS2). Logically it would be impossible for her to top them. And she's not a Saiyan, battle damage wont make her stronger.
Vegeta didn't train with trunks in the time chamber he did his own thing

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:25 am

Dragonballgod19 wrote:Vegeta didn't train with trunks in the time chamber he did his own thing
Thanks for your contribution. Appreciate it. That doesnt change the point though.

Dragonballgod19
Banned

Post by Dragonballgod19 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:28 am

mute_proxy wrote:
Dragonballgod19 wrote:Vegeta didn't train with trunks in the time chamber he did his own thing
Thanks for your contribution. Appreciate it. That doesnt change the point though.
Your welcome and ok

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:11 pm

On a serious note about Videl...

Outside of the DBZ movies, has she even fired a ki blast?

I'd put her on par with ChiChi when she was in her prime at best.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:26 pm

MR.Mark wrote:On a serious note about Videl...

Outside of the DBZ movies, has she even fired a ki blast?

I'd put her on par with ChiChi when she was in her prime at best.
To my knowledge, Ms. Videl is capable of using Ki in the form of Ki Blasts, but has never done so on-screen. And if she were to have fought Chi-Chi, Videl would lose.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:36 pm

Seems about right, I've seen fans put Videl WAY above what makes sense in terms of her power. That said I'd love to see a scene in Super where her and ChiChi spar or something.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:41 pm

mute_proxy wrote:
1) Not to be rude or anything, but perhaps Vegeta sparred with Future Trunks for a few minutes in their year within the inhospitable Hyperbolic Time Chamber together.

2) While we may never know for sure, I still stand by the fact in Lady Videl being capable of surpassing King Piccolo and even Nail, given her Saiyan-like personality. (At least before being very mellowed out by Gohan.)