Smartest Scientist in DB Universe ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Smartest Scientist in DB Universe ?

Post by Liquir » Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:01 pm

Which character would you consider as the smartest Scientist in DB Universe ( Universe 7 ).. Who created the greatest technological achievement?
Was it the creation of the Androids? The creation of the Time machine? The Creation of DynoCaps?

Is it :
-Turbo;
-Dr. Gero;
-Dr. Brief;
-Dr. Flappe;
-Bulma;
-Honorable mention : Pilaf;

- Someone else?

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Smartest Scientist in DB Universe ?

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Bulma created a time machine and the Dragon Radar, she's definitively the smarstest. Right behind her it's her dad, he created a ship that travels from Namek to Earth in one week. I don't know who Turbo is, so the 3rd place is to Flappe for creating concept of the Androids and Gero is the last one. Dude just stole Flappe's project and wasn't right even once during Android Arc.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:33 pm

-----<>-----
Last edited by Liquir on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:34 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Bulma created a time machine and the Dragon Radar, she's definitively the smarstest. Right behind her it's her dad, he created a ship that travels from Namek to Earth in one week. I don't know who Turbo is, so the 3rd place is to Flappe for creating concept of the Androids and Gero is the last one. Dude just stole Flappe's project and wasn't right even once during Android Arc.
Turbo Norimaki is from the same village as Arale. Kid Goku's Radar was broken and he asks Turbo's father to fix it since he is known in the village for being the best mechanic, which is not true since he is only good because Turbo is the one fixing stuff for him, but he doesn't know that and believes he is really good at it. Fixing it proved to be complex for Turbo's father, but he doesn't want to admit it, so Turbo decides to do it secretly for him in order his father not to feel embarrassed. The project of repairing was a a simple one for Turbo. He immediately knew what it was and on what principles it worked on ( Signals from the Dragon Balls ), so he fixed it instantly. When General Blue stole that one Turbo recreated one in seconds from old parts of an Airplane. He was also able easily to determine how General Blue powers worked.
He does have psychic powers tho (Technopathy,Telekinesis,Teleportation....) and is even able to manipulate technological matter, so maybe it wouldn't be fair to put him in the league with the others.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:18 pm

Turbo is probably the smartest as stated above (made a Dragon Radar from old pinball machine airplane parts!), and I'd say Bulma comes in second for being able to make a time machine out of a DeLorean in a post-apocalyptic setting. Other achievements include the Dragon Rader at age 16, the shrink watch at the same age, and she was able to whip up the Great Saiyaman wristwatch device in a couple of hours! She's also able to develop armour that is equivalent to and probably better than the Saiyan armour, which was made with much more advanced technology than what she had access to on Earth. Oh and she was able to repair Raditz's scouter which also used alien tech.

And while Eighter probably couldn't be considered as smart as Dr. Gero, it is worth noting that he wasn't able to figure out how to fix the Dragon Radar when he took a look at it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:11 pm

Don't think we can safely say who's the smartest until a contest involving the smartest ones happens and a victorious can be chosen.

Until that happens, I'd say doctor Briefs (as he reminds me of Albert Einstein for some reason), doctor Maki Gero (he made two random earthlings stronger than Freeza) and Towa (she created someone stronger than Cell, who is the pinnacle of Maki Gero's creation) are the three smartest scientists in Dragon Ball.

Honorable mention: Android 21. We know nothing about her, but if she does something incredibly smart, I'd have already mentioned her here. :)
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:36 pm

Definitely Bulma. From what we've seen of her father, he was able to build the ship that Goku took to Namek.....but he had Goku's old ship to base his work off of.

Bulma built a fucking time machine. Nothing else in the series comes close. Maybe Dr. Myuu in GT; he made a machine planet.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:41 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Bulma created a time machine and the Dragon Radar, she's definitively the smarstest. Right behind her it's her dad, he created a ship that travels from Namek to Earth in one week. I don't know who Turbo is, so the 3rd place is to Flappe for creating concept of the Androids and Gero is the last one. Dude just stole Flappe's project and wasn't right even once during Android Arc.
Gero is certainly above Dr. Brief, as he even states that there are a number of elements of Gero's blueprints that are beyond even his comprehension and understanding.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:20 am

Dr Briefs was able to construct usable apparatuses that can manipulate space and matter for mobile carrying. It wouldn't surprise me if the shrink watch Bulma made was developed using that same principle. She took the technological wonders to a new level by creating a machine that can traverse the fabric of time and also making a radar that registers mystical energy signatures.

Gero was also very impressive but the greatest thing he was able to develop was an infinitely renewable energy source; very impressive, but not laws of physics shattering.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:45 am

Bulma. Hands down.

Nothing tops building a freaking time machine. And that's not even taking into consideration the fact she also created the Dragon Ball radar, created a flying drone with literally scraps of metal she came across on an island and a blutz wave generator. So Bulma takes the crown of the smartest scientist in Dragon Ball for me.

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:30 am

I don't count turbo...He manipulate magic or something weird. He created another dragon radar with that stuff...

I'd put Bulma in first place because of the Time Machine...I think it's the more difficult to make, even in 12 universe (which 10 of them are above U7) only one person did the same. She also created a radio to communicate from Namek to Earth. That was insane!
Dr Gero in second place because of the Androids.
Vados Sama!

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Isn't Mai along with Pilaf very tech savvy and smart?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:45 pm

Ilikepictures-meh wrote:Isn't Mai along with Pilaf very tech savvy and smart?
They definitely deserve a tip of the hat there. Their main invention is the various Dragon Radars; one for the Pilaf Arc filler, and the second in their airship which pointed their exact location on the globe. While Bulma was able to make a handheld version (albeit without a map on it), the Pilaf Gang Radar is still pinpoint accurate. What I'm getting at is that the Red Ribbon Army's radar only gave general ballpark locations and was much bigger than the Pilaf Radar!

And if we assume that the RRA Radar was invented by Dr. Gero (not that unlikely) I think it's a good demonstration of the gulf between him and Bulma, at least as far as the radar is concerned. Gero definitely specialized in robotics.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:21 am

Senbei Norimaki.

He made a time machine AND a reality machine.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:11 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:Senbei Norimaki.

I think you're attributing the credit to the wrong person!

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:17 pm

KBABZ wrote:

But DB Wiki says he was able to make both of them:
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Senbei_Norimaki
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:31 pm

Either Dr. Myuu or the Tsufurujin king that Baby was cloned from.

Or the briliant Saiyantist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_DFJ-OXTzQ

and no, don't take this seriously or you only have yourself to blame.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Alright, fellas. This thread can now be locked since here's the truly smartest scientist that ever lived in Dragon Ball. No discussion about it, all hands down.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:53 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Ilikepictures-meh wrote:Isn't Mai along with Pilaf very tech savvy and smart?
They definitely deserve a tip of the hat there. Their main invention is the various Dragon Radars; one for the Pilaf Arc filler, and the second in their airship which pointed their exact location on the globe. While Bulma was able to make a handheld version (albeit without a map on it), the Pilaf Gang Radar is still pinpoint accurate. What I'm getting at is that the Red Ribbon Army's radar only gave general ballpark locations and was much bigger than the Pilaf Radar!

And if we assume that the RRA Radar was invented by Dr. Gero (not that unlikely) I think it's a good demonstration of the gulf between him and Bulma, at least as far as the radar is concerned. Gero definitely specialized in robotics.
But Bulma said that Dr. Gero is an amazing scientist even in their group...I really think Bulma is better, but in comparison against Mai and Pilaf....There's no way...He created Cell, A16, A17, A18...And even his brain he alocated in an android body. And with his creation he would be able to defeat Goku...Pilaf tried many times, but he never created something even close to that. Pilaf's best move was release king Piccolo.
Vados Sama!

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:35 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:
KBABZ wrote:

But DB Wiki says he was able to make both of them:
http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Senbei_Norimaki
But... that's the Dragon Ball wiki. The joke with Senbei is that he's actually a terrible scientist, and it's actually his baby son Turbo doing all of the work so that his papa doesn't feel bad about himself.