[Theory] Gods of Destruction were given they're powers by Zeno or by another being.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

[Theory] Gods of Destruction were given they're powers by Zeno or by another being.

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:51 am

This is a dumb theory that's been rolling in my head for a while. But what if the gods were given this immense power. And did not earn it? I mean yes; whis claims that one can become a god of destruction if the old one is killed or chosen. What if Beerus and everyone else were just simply chosen and given the power they have now? I mean it could explain why they freaked out when mortals like Goku and Jiren reach they're level. I mean wouldn't that not be a surprise to them? I mean if they supposedly achieved they're power on they're own. Why is it such a big deal that others are closing in on that gap? I imagine it's frightening because the Gods did not earn they're power. While these mortals have on they're own and in such short time. What do you guys think?

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Re: [Theory] Gods of Destruction were given they're powers by Zeno or by another being.

Post by Arugela » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:39 pm

It is always possible. They could pass the power on from one person to another or something after they quit... It is a unique sort of energy. Plus an angel has to train them for it. It's probably part of the process also. Maybe giving them a lot of energy like that also helps them learn to train to take on their position. It could also explain their constant lazy attitudes.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: [Theory] Gods of Destruction were given they're powers by Zeno or by another being.

Post by theherodjl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:49 pm

If Rou Kaioshin's statement about the one(Beerus) who sealed him away being not as big a threat as Majin Boo is taken into account then it's an implication that Beerus was able to improve his power over 75 million years on his own.
It is possible that Toriyama simply fudged up the wording especially now that Beerus is established as a powerhouse in DB lore, however I would like to think that since Whis is also Beerus' martial arts teacher then that means Beerus would train. He can't have just been watching anime and playing video games the whole time could he?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Arugela
Beyond Newbie

Post by Arugela » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:56 pm

Oh, I thought it was only 75,000 for a GoD.
My fan art:
Brolly Gohan Fusion!: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38826
Uubeerus fusion: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39923
Dende theme: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39750

Zenoh might be waygu/kobe Beef!?: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40055
GT theory: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40001

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:00 am

Arugela wrote:Oh, I thought it was only 75,000 for a GoD.
75,000 years for Kaio, 75,000,000 years for Kaiosin, but Toriyama forgot and in his latest lifespan of Kaioshin related interview, he only says 75,000.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:59 pm

You can't forget the local deities of the cosmos like Karin, Popo, and Kami. Was it ever stated that they had a certain familiarity with the universal and multiversal celestial echelon? Being who they are, it would make sense for the three aforementioned figureheads to possess god ki of their own. I doubt they were afforded it by Zeno. In fact, Dende seemed to inherit the role once he revived Shenron. Who is to say his ki wasn't converted into god ki during that mystical revival process? It would lend credence to the notion of not all god ki being derived from Zeno. However, the universal deities like Hakaishin and Kaioshin may have inherited their power from Zeno directly. You could build upon that logic by claiming that the local deities of a universe receive a certain amount of derivative god ki from the upper levels like Hakaishin.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:15 pm

Lionel wrote:You can't forget the local deities of the cosmos like Karin, Popo, and Kami. Was it ever stated that they had a certain familiarity with the universal and multiversal celestial echelon? Being who they are, it would make sense for the three aforementioned figureheads to possess god ki of their own. I doubt they were afforded it by Zeno. In fact, Dende seemed to inherit the role once he revived Shenron. Who is to say his ki wasn't converted into god ki during that mystical revival process? It would lend credence to the notion of not all god ki being derived from Zeno. However, the universal deities like Hakaishin and Kaioshin may have inherited their power from Zeno directly. You could build upon that logic by claiming that the local deities of a universe receive a certain amount of derivative god ki from the upper levels like Hakaishin.
Yeah. It would make sense that they were given some power. Like another guy said before. Probably chosen and given god ki. And have angels look over them and train them how to use it. It would make sense to why they freaked out at seeing beings like goku and Jiren.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:04 am

That makes no sense considering the Hakaishin have a martial arts teacher.