Vegito in the ToP?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Vegito in the ToP?

Post by SonReggie » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:12 pm

Opinions - considering how powerful Jiren is, and the fact that we probably haven't seen him use his full power, do you think that Goku and Vegeta will come to the conclusion that fusion might be the only way they'd stand a chance? To be honest it's beginning to feel like that might be the answer. I mean, with the focus on Goku's UI form emphasising defence and Vegeta's favoured fighting style being more offense, it (to me at least) feels like the answer is to combine those traits. Though at this point I'm not entirely convinced that even Vegito could stand up to Jiren.

I'll add that even in the (extremely unlikely) event that this did happen I still think the final fight will be UI Goku vs Jiren.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Re: Vegito in the ToP?

Post by dario03 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:54 am

Maybe, or Gogeta. They seem to keep hyping up Jiren so even though I would think a current Vegetto would be really powerful they could do it. Or go away from pure power for a change and have Goku instant transmission Jiren out of the ring, maybe even have Vegeta be holding Jiren down to do it. Might be breaking character a bit but not the first time for something like that.

RedShift
Beyond Newbie

Post by RedShift » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:32 am

I think we've (unfortunately) seen Vegito for the last time in the canonical series. They've devalued fusion to the point that it just doesn't serve a purpose anymore. If SSjB Vegito runs out if gas in less than five minutes against Merged Zamasu.... What is he supposed to do at even higher levels of power? Defuse in 60 seconds? Dance around in UI and throw everything he's got into one hit and immediately split? Finish powering up to "Ascended" SSjBKKx20 and split?

I want Jiren vs Vegito as much as anyone else does, but with the Potara "clarification" and the way Super is being written I just don't think it's going to happen. More likely is that we see the culmination of Whis' claim that if Goku & Vegeta work together they could defeat just about anyone. I'll miss Vegito being the "big stick" that's always a remote possibility.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:04 am

RedShift wrote:I think we've (unfortunately) seen Vegito for the last time in the canonical series. They've devalued fusion to the point that it just doesn't serve a purpose anymore. If SSjB Vegito runs out if gas in less than five minutes against Merged Zamasu.... What is he supposed to do at even higher levels of power?
They can always make "new updated" potara that don't have that problem.

I don't think we'll see him now but probably sometime in the future within the next 100 episodes or so.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Sykin

Post by Sykin » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:18 pm

RedShift wrote:I think we've (unfortunately) seen Vegito for the last time in the canonical series. They've devalued fusion to the point that it just doesn't serve a purpose anymore. If SSjB Vegito runs out if gas in less than five minutes against Merged Zamasu.... What is he supposed to do at even higher levels of power? Defuse in 60 seconds? Dance around in UI and throw everything he's got into one hit and immediately split? Finish powering up to "Ascended" SSjBKKx20 and split?

I want Jiren vs Vegito as much as anyone else does, but with the Potara "clarification" and the way Super is being written I just don't think it's going to happen. More likely is that we see the culmination of Whis' claim that if Goku & Vegeta work together they could defeat just about anyone. I'll miss Vegito being the "big stick" that's always a remote possibility.
He'd basically just defuse faster, yes. In the ToP they could theoretically time it right so he would last the duration of the tournament (1, 2, maybe even 3 minutes).

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:24 pm

The Pride Troopers can just interrupt Goku and Vegeta from fusing like Kefla did with those Universe 2 guys who were trying to fuse, but couldn't properly equip the Potara Earrings. Although, it seems that 'stopping the opponent from powering-up' is a taboo in the Dragon Ball universe.

And Vegito would defuse very quickly. The amount of energy he would take to take on Jiren would be far greater than the one he used against Fused Zamasu, and he didn't even last one episode that time. And, if Vegito goes Ultra Instinct somehow, he will obviously last much shorter than Super Saiyan Blue Vegito, which time limit was also absurd. I would be impressed if Super Saiyan Blue Vegito lasted more than 5 minutes, so 2/3 episodes.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:34 pm

Vegetto might be necessary for U7 to win but yeah, considering the pacing we should at least see him for several episodes before he defuses.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:54 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:The Pride Troopers can just interrupt Goku and Vegeta from fusing like Kefla did with those Universe 2 guys who were trying to fuse, but couldn't properly equip the Potara Earrings. Although, it seems that 'stopping the opponent from powering-up' is a taboo in the Dragon Ball universe.

And Vegito would defuse very quickly. The amount of energy he would take to take on Jiren would be far greater than the one he used against Fused Zamasu, and he didn't even last one episode that time. And, if Vegito goes Ultra Instinct somehow, he will obviously last much shorter than Super Saiyan Blue Vegito, which time limit was also absurd. I would be impressed if Super Saiyan Blue Vegito lasted more than 5 minutes, so 2/3 episodes.
I don't know - I suspect that if Vegeta/Goku were to say something like "You want a REAL challenge, Jiren? Let us fuse" Jiren would probably allow it. It isn't dissimilar to how he reacted to the Spirit Bomb and Vegeta's Final Flash.

But agree with the points made that the fusion probably wouldn't be sustainable for very long.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:39 pm

If Boo is not allowed, Vegetto is not allowed either. They already gave Goku himself a good chance to defeat Jiren. No necessity in waking up a more powerful Jiren than Jiren himself.
Let him stay in our memories only ever struggling a bit in one battle - against Gattai Zamasu. Not some gray alien.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

GreatSaiyaJeff
Regular

Post by GreatSaiyaJeff » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:06 am

If Vegito appears it has to mean something. Lets look at the past.

Gotenks vs Buu - Buu Won
Vegito vs. Buu - Buu absorbed Vegito and they defused.
Gotenks vs. Jelly Vegeta - Jelly vegeta Won
Vegito vs. Zamasu - Defused before the finishing blow

At this point, if Vegito appears and then defuses without winning, then it's pointless. It seems like the only time fusion was effective was movie 12.
"I just realized something. Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy." - Space Dandy

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:56 am

I won't say it 100% won't happen, but I highly, highly doubt Goku and Vegeta will fuse again, at least in the Tournament. Goku and Vegeta have only fused when their enemy is some type of fusion as well. Examples:

*SS Vegetto in the manga - Enemy: Majin Buu, who fused with Gotenks, Piccolo, Gohan, and his good counterpart.
*SS Gogeta in his movie debut - Enemy: Janemba (or Janempa? however you spell it), who was "fused" (or better, merged) with years of evil energy from spirits (Ok, I'll be the first to admit Janemba/pa is a weird case, given his initial form, despite being merged, was beaten by SS3 Goku, but even in its second form, Janemba is still technically "merged'). If you disagree with this and believe Janemba doesn't qualify as a fused/merged being, I understand.
*SS4 Gogeta in GT - Enemy: Omega Shenron, who was Syn Shenron who merged with all of the other Shenrons.
*SSB Vegetto in Super - Enemy: Merged Zamasu, the Potara fusion of Black Rose and Future Zamasu.

Even so, Toriyama didn't even intend to have SSB Vegetto appear in the first place in spite of Merged Zamasu's appearance given how according to Toriyama himself, due to Goku and Vegeta's personalities, they'd hardly want to work together, much less fuse. SSB Vegetto appeared thanks to Toyotaro. And yeah, not sure how long Vegetto would last, but given how each episode only a minute in real time passes by, he might last longer than one might think. :lol:

Jiren, while immensely powerful like a fused enemy would be, still isn't a fused enemy. Not to mention, UI Goku is practically limitless now, since he was stated to grow progressively stronger while fighting Jiren for the first time, so I'd think UI Goku would catch up to Jiren eventually.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:48 pm

Well, with the series coming to end it may well be that Vegetto winds up being the answer to drawing it to a close.

[spoiler]And there are some recent spoilers (which may or may not be legitimate) that suggest that Goku and Vegeta will indeed find themselves with no other choice.[/spoiler]

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:21 pm

We've got a fully power Kaioken Blue Goku and Beyond Blue Vegeta fighting him at the same time with 0 results so is there any other way ? I never thought we'd see fusion again this soon but what else is there ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:35 pm

Vegetto would be useless, presumably he wouldn't active either of their new forms and then the energy retcon on top of that the 2v1 advantage seems their best right now as Freeza said all they need to do is stall Jiren until time is up and so far it is working, remember they don't need to knock him out as long as they still have more fighers.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:15 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Vegetto would be useless, presumably he wouldn't active either of their new forms and then the energy retcon on top of that the 2v1 advantage seems their best right now as Freeza said all they need to do is stall Jiren until time is up and so far it is working, remember they don't need to knock him out as long as they still have more fighers.
Actually I suspect Vegetto would have access to both forms and would wind up being a 'perfect' combination of the two.

Honestly, I actually don't really want to see Vegetto as I'd rather they continue 2v1, and have them remember Whis' words about their being unable to work as a team, and overcome that limitation. But it does feel as if they're heading down the road of fusion being the answer to beating Jiren.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:14 pm

SonReggie wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Vegetto would be useless, presumably he wouldn't active either of their new forms and then the energy retcon on top of that the 2v1 advantage seems their best right now as Freeza said all they need to do is stall Jiren until time is up and so far it is working, remember they don't need to knock him out as long as they still have more fighers.
Actually I suspect Vegetto would have access to both forms and would wind up being a 'perfect' combination of the two.

Honestly, I actually don't really want to see Vegetto as I'd rather they continue 2v1, and have them remember Whis' words about their being unable to work as a team, and overcome that limitation. But it does feel as if they're heading down the road of fusion being the answer to beating Jiren.
Come to think of it, Beerus has never met Vegito, let alone seen him.

As for the time limit, well, remember Kefla? Yeah, she lasted 2 episodes, despite constantly increasing her power. Though in real time, it was just a couple of minutes. So, having Vegito, or even Gogeta pop up is doable to be effective.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:18 pm

I kind of want to see SSB-UI Gogeta. I really do.
But, I know it won't happen. :(
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Nope. No Vegetto. We getting UI Goku vs Jiren as a final fight. UI Goku was hyped to high heaven.