Majin Buu and God Ki

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Majin Buu and God Ki

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:45 pm

Ok I've been meaning to talk about this ideas for a while now. This is something I've discussed before but the ToP arc has given us some new info which I think is important.

Ok most here will be pretty well aware of Buu's power decreased after he absorbed Grand Kaioshin and became Fat Buu as we first met him. No most right this off as being due to the Grand Kaioshin's pure nature having a negative impact on Buu. However during Babidi's quest to revive Buu he superficially mentions that they cannot use Shin's energy to resurrect him. Now my question has always been why? What makes Shin different to the others?

The answer God Ki.

While its not something that would be fully fleshed out at that point, Shin's power is stated to be different from beings in dragon ball at that point. This would later be fleshed out, some what, into what we know as God Ki today. But then move onto some more complex questions. Why dose God Ki affect Buu in a negative way and why did absorbing South Kaioshin make him stronger?

Well the answer to the former would come from the most unlikely of beings, Frieza. After successfully containing the Hakai Energy from Sidra, Frieza notes that this ki is very pure and that it could only have come from a God of Creation or Destruction. And thats our answer, God Ki, specifically God Ki from the higher dieties of the Dragon Ball universe is very pure in nature. Now if we look at Buu's origins, while he has existed as a force of destruction since forever over the aeons he has absorbed the evil elements of mankind, becoming steadily more violent. This, a process very similar to Kami's own corruption that lead to the birth of Piccolo, and given his own name could very well mean Buu is demonic in nature, making him diamatrically opposed to the gods.

Then we come to South Kaioshin. Now the manga only gives us a glips of this version of Buu but the anime's display of the transformation is noticable different from every other time Buu has absorbed someone. When Super Buu absorbed anyone it always appeared to be an empower process and he always appeared refreshed and invigerated post the absorbstion. After absorbing South Kaiohin however the transformastion seems almost painful for Buu and he is left panting. My theory is that Buu was empowered by South Kaioshin only becuase his God Ki allown was not enough weaken Buu. Much like a living body and toxins, Buu's body was able to resist and absorbe the gods power becuase it was not pushed beyond its tolerance limit. However when he also absorbed the Grand Kaioshin, Buu's body was pushed past its tolorance limits and the God Ki began to have a negative impact on him both physically and mental, resulting in him becoming weaker and more child like althought still destructive. The idea that it was the Grand Kaioshin's good nature that influanced Buu alone also seems very unlikely as Buu would go on to absorb multiple good, and in Gohan and Goten's case as close to genuinely pure as your gonna get, people and showed yet he showed no sign of his evil nature being diminished by their incorporation into himself.

And so there's my idea God Ki, at least from the higher gods, is toxic to Buu and will actually weaken him if he ties to absorb it. What do you think?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Majin Buu and God Ki

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:53 am

An interesting idea that may have some merit to it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:05 am

Or Kid Buu is simply stronger than Buff Buu and was dicking around up until the moment where he pushes back the spirit bomb, which is when everyone realizes how truly fucked they are (to the point that Vegeta is willing to sacrifice everyone on earth by having them give the last of their energy). So South Kaioshin weakened Kid Buu and then Dai Kaioshin weakened Buff Buu.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:46 pm

I wonder if it's god ki as a whole, or specifically the ki of creation gods that messes with Buu. Buu is clearly a destructive being, and in his original form is pretty much focused entirely on causing chaos and destroying everything in his path. Would the godly ki of someone like Beerus still weaken Buu, since that godly ki is also focused on destruction?