Why Is Vegetto's Fusion Power-Up So Massive In Comparison?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Why Is Vegetto's Fusion Power-Up So Massive In Comparison?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:46 am

Yay! Another Vegetto/Potara topic! Yeah...I know.

I get the whole 'rival boost' thing that many fans subscribe to, Goku & Vegeta are defined rivals that hold the strengths each other are lacking as individuals. However, let's take a second to calculate a safe figure for Vegetto from a few sources.

1. GT Goku says that Rilldo has a greater power than Majin Boo meaning that in order for Base GT Goku to combat such a built up foe, Goku too must be stronger than Majin Boo(we'll say Pure Boo for simplicity) or bare minimum, about on par with his SSJ3 self from DBZ. SSJ3 is x400 the base power according to the Super Exciting Guide.
2. An anime comic states that SSJ Z Vegetto is on par, if not higher than SSJ4 Goku from GT, this would mean that Vegetto's base is at least 1/50th of SSJ4 Goku or higher. We'll just say 1/50th though.
3. SSJ4 is described as being all of a Saiyan's potential brought to the surface, meaning that it is not a multiplier. For the sake of a calculation though, the traditional fan theory of SSJ4 being x10 of SSJ3(since Goku inherited the Oozaru power stacked on top of the SSJ lineage) or x4000 will be implemented.

We got our numbers now so we'll configure it from there.
Base Z Goku: we'll set him at "1" x SSJ3 = 400
Base GT Goku or "400" x SSJ4 or "4,000" = SSJ Vegetto or "1,600,000"
SSJ Vegetto or "1,600,000" / SSJ or "50" = 32,000

So Base Vegetto is 32,000x more powerful than Base Goku and by extension, Base Vegeta too. But why such a large figure in comparison to other fusions?
Gotenks was the intended hope against Fat Boo but such a fusion was never implied to come close to 32,000x either of his fusees of Goten & Trunks. Kibito & Kaioshin's fusion was of two fighters considerably more powerful than Freeza but it too didn't come close to being 32,000x either of them since the fusion was still considered fodder to Pure Boo. Even Gogeta is not built up to being anything close to 32,000x greater than either Goku or Vegeta despite being their other fusion.
Another thing is that Kibitoshin's power up was abysmal in comparison to Vegetto despite being a potara fusion too so we know that its not necessarily the basic set up of the potara, rather its that Goku & Vegeta are spectacular fighters. With that being said, do you think that it is a rival boost that created this unbelievable haxxed fusion? Or is it that the potara combined Goku & Vegeta's massive potential and pulled it out in the process? Or could it be both?
Thoughts are welcome.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: Why Is Vegetto's Fusion Power-Up So Massive In Comparison?

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:18 pm

1. potara fusion is way superior to metamoran fusion

2. I guess in toriyama eyes, potara fusions for non saiyans is much weaker as you spoke about kibitoshin and in his outline for the goku black arc, m zamasu was only supposed to be = fp ssb goku and vegeta. Why that is I don't know but thats how its shown.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:29 pm

Potara Fusion seems to rely on a kind of synergy between the fusees.

If the two people are compatible and complement each other, then a fusion between the two will yield unexpectedly greater results than just any ordinary fusion. It's not just the so-called "rival boost", but more likely a bunch of different factors.

When Goku and Vegeta fuse, they cancel out their weaknesses and improve their strengths, not to mention that both are Saiyans with a love for battle and some of the greatest fighters in Universe 7. This is also probably why Kefla, the Potara Fusion between Kale and Caulifla, also turned out to be unexpectedly strong; the two were very compatible and thus created perfect synergy for a stronger-than-normal fusion.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:00 pm

theherodjl wrote: 2. An anime comic states that SSJ Z Vegetto is on par, if not higher than SSJ4 Goku from GT, this would mean that Vegetto's base is at least 1/50th of SSJ4 Goku or higher. We'll just say 1/50th though.
Nothing like that was ever stated.
It was about Vegito overall, meaning hypothetical SSJ GT Vegito would be on par with SSJ4 GT Goku

Super Baby 1 alone was said by Goku to have greater power than he ever felt (that includes Vegito, otheriwse Goku wouldn't know that SSJ Vegito wouldn't beat Beerus).
Super Baby 1 (who had all Vegeta's memories) also said himselft that he has the greatest saiya power which Goku only confirmed with line mentioned above.
Super Baby 2 was powered up by energy from all earthlings (almost the same power Goku used against Kid Buu)
Golden Oozaru Baby was at least 10 times stronger (probably just X10) and was about equal to SSJ4 GT Goku

And since SSJ God form was stated to be stronger than Z Vegito then i see no reason why SSJ4 wouldn't be after so many years.

Adult Baby was also stated by Trunks to be stronger than anything else in universe (beside Majuub and Goku SSJ4 who weren't a thing yet) and he was blasted by Goku SSJ4. Not sure what Trunks meant by that tho.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:54 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Nothing like that was ever stated.
It was about Vegito overall, meaning hypothetical SSJ GT Vegito would be on par with SSJ4 GT Goku
The exact quote.
Merging With Vegeta!
After Goku and Vegeta use a merging item to merge, they become Vegetto! They can furthermore become a Super Saiyan, making them Super Vegetto! After the two strongest people merge, they become the greatest master in the universe! Perhaps even stronger than Super Saiyan 4!
This does not say "Its only after merging 15 years later that Goku & Vegeta surpass SSJ4 Goku!". The same page this text comes from also depicts Vegetto from the Boo arc and a couple other events involving Boo, no mention of GT besides the comparison to SSJ4. The way i see it, nothing here is stated that the comic is referring to a hypothetical GT Vegetto and that its directly speaking of the Vegetto that appears in the Boo arc.
You also need to consider that Vegetto never did go all out just as a SSJ, he was blocking Boohan's attacks with just his legs so he never did demonstrate his full power against Boo. That would explain why SSJ4 Goku was thought to have been the strongest fighter that Rou Kaioshin stated he had ever seen as Vegetto never went beyond SSJ, this also being many years before BOG so Beerus was nothing beyond a brief & unseen concept character that Toriyama finally expanded upon 18 years later.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:09 pm

After Goku and Vegeta use a merging item to merge, they become Vegetto
When they become, not when they became.
Vegito doesn't have fixed power level and nothing is said about Buu saga Vegito, but about Vegito overall.
SSJ2 is also stated to be stronger than SSJ, but it doesn't mean Gohan SSJ2 from Cell saga is stronger than Goku SSJ from GT or Super.

Besides, it clearly contradicts actual series and series itself is always more important than some guidebook.
GT clearly states that SSJ4 Goku is far stronger than DBZ Vegito.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:14 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:When they become, not when they became.
Vegito doesn't have fixed power level and nothing is said about Buu saga Vegito, but about Vegito overall.
SSJ2 is also stated to be stronger than SSJ, but it doesn't mean Gohan SSJ2 from Cell saga is stronger than Goku SSJ from GT or Super.

Besides, it clearly contradicts actual series and series itself is always more important than some guidebook.
It was talking about Vegetto both in the Boo arc context and the hypothetical event that they fuse so yes, when Goku & Vegeta become Vegetto as well as accounting for his appearance in DBZ. It doesn't state "What's more, when Goku & Vegeta merge 15 years later then they acquire strength greater than SSJ4!" or "The potara fusion of Goku & Vegeta is undeniably much greater if they were to merge again!" or anything along the lines that implies Vegetto was weak by GT levels.

You might recall that Vegetto in the anime of Z was so powerful that Boohan was having trouble landing a single hit just on the base fusion, a feat that could only be attributed to GT Goku if the highest possible estimate of Rilldo(being stronger than "Majin Boo", specifically Boohan) is applied. With that being said, how exactly does GT, by any measure, state that GT Goku is far superior to Z Vegetto?? By the only measurable comparison of Rilldo's strength along with the best possible assumption of power, GT heavily implies that Goku is just now on par with Vegetto after 15 years of training. SSJ2 & SSJ3 Vegetto never appeared in the story so there's not much room to define Vegetto by anything besides his base & SSJ forms.
You might be able to make a case for manga Vegetto but the anime's continuity makes it pretty clear that Vegetto is haxxed to the point that GT Goku might only be on par with Vegetto, any conclusion that Goku is " far stronger" than Vegetto is pure headcanon on what Vegetto & Goku's power difference is 'supposed' to be.

Juub
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Juub » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:26 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
After Goku and Vegeta use a merging item to merge, they become Vegetto
When they become, not when they became.

And why would they be talking about Vegeto in GT when he never showed up there? This is obviously referring to Vegeto's sole appearance at the time which was in Z.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Like everyone said previously, there's only three kinds of fusions. The namekian fusion, fusion dance, and the potara fusion. I think it was Elder Kai that said the potara fusion would be more effective than the fusion dance. I don't think he said it would be greater in power, but we can all spectate that idea.

(frankly, I'd really rather have liked Goku and Gohan to fuse because Gohan has much more potential than Vegeta...) imo
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19