Do you think krillin could have inflated himself?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

thezander

Do you think krillin could have inflated himself?

Post by thezander » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:48 am

Because the tournament made flying impossible unless the person had wings. Although that robot with wings just sprung them and didn't flap so it didn't make sense why it flew.

Anyways, back in Dragonball krillin had a move where he inhaled air and bobbed around, if he thought to do that after frost swooped his feet would it work in the tournament?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Do you think krillin could have inflated himself?

Post by theherodjl » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:16 am

thezander wrote:Because the tournament made flying impossible unless the person had wings. Although that robot with wings just sprung them and didn't flap so it didn't make sense why it flew.

Anyways, back in Dragonball krillin had a move where he inhaled air and bobbed around, if he thought to do that after frost swooped his feet would it work in the tournament?
I don't think so, Frost's maneuver didn't just sweep Krillin off of his feet but it also blasted him off of the arena simultaneously. Krillin would need to; immediately right himself up, inflate his body, then send a blast off into the void and let the force propel him back onto the arena, all within the timeframe of a single second. He was caught by surprise and his body inflation might not be so reliable in his adult body so its unlikely he could've prevented his elimination by Frost.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

thezander

Re: Do you think krillin could have inflated himself?

Post by thezander » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:24 pm

I thought he just swiped his feet. I think because he originally did the move before modern flying was common place that if they could have written that in and it would of worked. Even though it makes no sense, but it didn't make sense originally either. It's not like he inhaled helium