Could the supreme Kai have destroyed the Android's in trunks future?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Could the supreme Kai have destroyed the Android's in trunks future?

Post by Ssjcell » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:59 pm

If so I would have held a grudge against the supreme Kai if I were trunks. Supreme Kai was supposed to be watching Earth because of Buu. It stands to reason that trunks might have asked the supreme Kai about this.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Could the supreme Kai have destroyed the Android's in trunks future?

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:03 pm

He certainly has the power. I mean, he scared the shit out of Post Rosat Piccolo.

He also should've done so. Even though he shouldn't interfere with them (They represented no threat to the universe) they were wrecking havoc and could've awakened Boo by blowing up his cocoon by accident. So yeah, he could and should have destroyed the twins.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:50 pm

With the rather fearful reaction that Shin had to some fighters way weaker that he was, I don't have a lot of faith that he would have been the solution to the Android problem. I can imagine that Shin could've arrived on Earth in Trunks' future a lot earlier than he did, but been unable to handle both 17 & 18(possibly Imperfect Cell too) by himself thus he would need aid from Kibito and/or Trunks to defeat them.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:55 pm

The same could have been said about when King Piccolo first rampaged across Earth. Or when Frieza was colonizing planets. Supreme Kai only seemed to have went to Earth because, the first time to bury Buu's egg somewhere that humans can never dig for themselves, and the second time because Babidi was on his way to Earth.
Last edited by Angelus on Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:09 pm

Shin could have easily killed 17 and 18 if he had watched over Earth, since he was stronger than Buu Saga Piccolo, who is stronger than Semi-Perfect Cell.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:42 pm

He could, but it's not actually Kaioshin of East's duty to watch over Earth. If I remember correctly, Earth is located in the north quadrant, which means Kaioshin of North should probably know, if it wasn't for Majin Buu, of course.

I mean, even if there was a Kaioshin of North, I don't think he would care enough to know what is happening in a single planet that poses no threat to the Universe. Their duty is to take care of greater threats, such as Majin Buu. Since they are the Gods of Creation, they can just create another life if they feel it's time.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:15 am

It's not the obligation of hierarchical deities to involve themselves in the minute affairs of individual planets. Certain exceptions can be made for the grand menaces which threaten existence as a whole, Majin Buu being one such example, but usually the deities act as little more than overseers and progenitors of creation. We've seen this fact get brought up on various occasions -- first when Goku asked Popo why they chose not to quell Piccolo Daimou and the attendant retorting that they "have their reasons". The second acknowledgement occurred in one of King Kai's musings as he personally thought to himself that he technically isn't supposed to take sides in a conflict such as the one on Earth between the earthlings and the Saiyans.

As far as the celestial world was concerned, the future cyborgs were unpredictable sociopathic killers with little redemptive quality. However, they were pretty much contained to a single world without the means to extend their reach to other planets or galaxies. Now if Cell had managed to absorb the cyborgs and began a long brutal campaign of genocide and destruction, then you might start to see some proactive engagement since Cell was looking to satisfy his own yearning for terror and conflict; no doubt this would have entailed the mass extermination of many worlds. Freeza was a despot but his aim wasn't to wipe out all life in the universe like how Cell's objectives would have ultimately resulted in.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:49 pm

If he was scared of weaklings like Pui Pui and Yakon what makes you think he wouldn't be afraid of the androids?

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:39 pm

DestructoDisc wrote:If he was scared of weaklings like Pui Pui and Yakon what makes you think he wouldn't be afraid of the androids?
The fact that he wasn't scared of Buu saga piccolo, who wasn't a weakling.

He was scared of Majin people.

If the androids got majinised before he met them he'd be scared of them too.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:38 am

TobyS wrote:
DestructoDisc wrote:If he was scared of weaklings like Pui Pui and Yakon what makes you think he wouldn't be afraid of the androids?
The fact that he wasn't scared of Buu saga piccolo, who wasn't a weakling.

He was scared of Majin people.

If the androids got majinised before he met them he'd be scared of them too.
Yeah, I get more of the impression that Shin has a phobia of the Majin banner than anything having to do with the warriors as individuals. His concern was moreso rooted in the reputation of Babidi having inducted the strongest fighters in the universe to his ranks than anything. I'm not sure if Pui-Pui, Yakon, and Dabura could be sensed in the first place.

Technically, Shin's paralysis arts and kiais should have been more than enough to handle all of Babidi's fighters. We saw him immobilise an SSJ2 and destroy an attack that was meant to kill a Super Saiyan in one fell swoop. Care to guess as to why he thought the whole operation was a bust after witnessing Dabura? Probably the same affliction that causes Piccolo to forget he's capable of using the Mafuba and that Krillin has a potentially winning strategy with his Taiyoken and Kienzan. It's all for the glory of Goku or whomever is currently in the spotlight that needs to demonstrate their power.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:02 am

Man, he is so incompetent at his job, he should have asked Beerus to kill buu. Especially after buu finished killing the 4/5 kaioshin. He is bad at his job, sure 17/18 aren’t universal threats. But potentially they could be. The androids are weaker than the main timeline versions. But they could still kill Frieza rather easily. Frieza was destroying dozens of planets. And still wasn’t considered a threat. Yet in Kaioshin’s defense, that might not be his fault. Since he probably learned that Beerus hired Frieza to fill in for him, so he could nap. Also what if Cell ate the androids, which was bound to happen eventually. He would have destroyed solar systems looking for challenges. I know kaioshin is strong, but I doubt he could do anything to semi-perfect or perfect Cell. He should have destroyed the twins or asked Beerus too. Also ask him to kill buu.

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:08 pm

There's anecdotal evidence that Babidi's men couldn't be detected ki wise, so Kaioushin's reaction and fear of Pui Pui and the others seems far more based on Babidi's reputation of "recruiting" only the strongest fighters than actually knowing how strong they were. Likewise, we can't necessarily take at face value Piccolo's comment that Kaioushin was above him strength wise, as Kaioushin didn't have detectable ki either (Vegeta stated and Kuririn implied as such), and Piccolo's comment could have just been his way of throwing Goku and the others off as far as to why he forfeit his match (since he didn't want to reveal his suspicions).

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:44 pm

He definitely could have since the Daizenshuu 7 states that Shin's power is greater than Piccolo's and this is after Piccolo absorbed Kami. Piccolo with Kami absorbed was on the same level as Android 17. Shin was just too busy chasing after Babidi to look after a mere planet in a universe.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:38 pm

Somehow I don't get the feeling supreme Kai was chasing babidi , he doesn't even know he had enslaved dabura, if he doesn't know that he wasn't following him.