How strong is current 18 compared to current 17?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: How strong is current 18 compared to current 17?

Post by DestructoDisc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:41 pm

PFM18 wrote:
DestructoDisc wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
What do you mean "High SSB tier"? What exactly does that mean?

Also Ribrianne's power fluctuated constantly according to her emotions of her beauty/love.(This was illustrated better in the manga than the anime) but she shouldn't be used as a gauge because of her fluctuations.
Again, this was only ever said (and shown) in the manga. In the anime it was never stated that her power fluctuated constantly according to her emotions of her beauty/love.
It was obvious that was the case, it just wasn't explicitly stated in the anime. Otherwise, having her lose confidence in her love or change her emotions would have no purpose whatsoever.
Please stop. It wasn't stated at all. Ribrianne was smiling and laughing while fighting base Goku and SSJ Vegeta yet seemingly performed better against the latter than she did against the former. She was angry while fighting 17 and was angry while fighting 18 yet she seemingly did better against the former. Her emotions have nothing to do with her power in the anime.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:48 pm

DestructoDisc wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
DestructoDisc wrote:
Again, this was only ever said (and shown) in the manga. In the anime it was never stated that her power fluctuated constantly according to her emotions of her beauty/love.
It was obvious that was the case, it just wasn't explicitly stated in the anime. Otherwise, having her lose confidence in her love or change her emotions would have no purpose whatsoever.
Please stop. It wasn't stated at all. Ribrianne was smiling and laughing while fighting base Goku and SSJ Vegeta yet seemingly performed better against the latter than she did against the former. She was angry while fighting 17 and was angry while fighting 18 yet she couldn't beat either of them. Her emotions have nothing to do with her power in the anime.
I didn't say that it was stated? How does it make sense to respond with "it wasn't stated at all" when I had literally just said the same?

But yes exactly her strength varied widely to the point where she did better against SSJ Vegeta than she did Base Goku and the Base Goku incident was around the time that she expressed her doubts to one of her teammates. It is clear the intention is for her power to vary it just wasn't illustrated as well in the anime.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:01 pm

PFM18 wrote:
DestructoDisc wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Please stop. It wasn't stated at all. Ribrianne was smiling and laughing while fighting base Goku and SSJ Vegeta yet seemingly performed better against the latter than she did against the former. She was angry while fighting 17 and was angry while fighting 18 yet she couldn't beat either of them. Her emotions have nothing to do with her power in the anime.
I didn't say that it was stated? How does it make sense to respond with "it wasn't stated at all" when I had literally just said the same?

But yes exactly her strength varied widely to the point where she did better against SSJ Vegeta than she did Base Goku and the Base Goku incident was around the time that she expressed her doubts to one of her teammates. It is clear the intention is for her power to vary it just wasn't illustrated as well in the anime.
That was after she fought base Goku, not before. While fighting base Goku her emotions were exactly the same as when she fought against SSJ Vegeta. She was confident, smiled and laughed throughout the whole fight.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Analytic wrote:
Since it's getting off topic I will spoiler block my replies, if we want to continue this we should probably take it to the power thread. On topic where do you have 18 now?
[spoiler]
The point is Trunks was strong enough to not get killed. If you're trying to suggest Vegeta held back, then you'd have to prove it.
It doesn't matter how strong he was Vegeta wouldn't have killed him. Mr. Satan survived hits from Cell and Buu even after spitting out good Buu. I can bring up other cases as well. That isn't enough evidence.
He was confident in going up against Goku at the 25th TB even if both were restricted to base, and he expected Goku to be stronger than he was at the Cell Games since he's been training rigorously for seven years. He's well above CG Goku.
That's a good point, but Vegeta is always confident. I would say he was a bit stronger than CG Goku, but I don't think it was that much. Even post majin boost he and Goku were only above ssj2 kid Gohan by a small amount and only while in ssj2. The gap between CG Goku and buu saga Goku isn't really that huge.
Why not? If there was a gap between Gohan and Goten then their sparring session would look more like this or this. (notice the stronger fighter is totally relaxed and not showing any strenuous effort like Gohan did against Goten)
In that Gohan and Trunks panel gohan has a drop of sweat on him and an older version of ssj Trunks struggling against base Gohan doesn't really help your case. Future Trunks and kid Trunks should be exactly the same with the same potential, and the power adult future Trunks showed in the black arc backs that up. I don't see why kid Trunks would be able to stomp 18 when even as a 17 year hold he couldn't beat the androids.[/spoiler]