Question about Supreme Kai job.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Question about Supreme Kai job.

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:08 am

Just what exactly constitutes an effective Supreme Kai?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Question about Supreme Kai job.

Post by Grimlock » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:39 am

Everything you need to know about them is here. Or "almost everything", as they left Kaioshin of Time aside, which kind of triggers me. :x and :P
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:34 am

That guide is indeed very useful and explains pretty well everything that there is to know about Supreme Kais. I would say that a very good and effective Supreme Kai is one who cannot only do his own job very well (creating life, observing mortals, protecting the cosmos), but can also work wonderfully with his God of Destruction. As with any Creation, there must be Destruction. Since a Supreme Kai cannot lay their hand on creation (something that the righteous Zamasu failed to understand), it falls to the Destroyer to wipe out species that might represent a threat to the cosmos. Creators and Destroyers must find good synergy if they wish to shape a strong and flourishing universe. And so the effectiveness of a Supreme Kai depends on that of their Destroyer.

This is also the reason as to why Universe 9 and Universe 7 are the lowest-ranking universes based on mortal level. The Creators and Destroyers of those universes rarely find an agreement and are quite incompetent (just look at Sidra, who does not want to destroy, and Roh, who is clearly very selfish and arrogant). Coincidentally, the Creators and Destroyers of the four universes exempt from the Tournament of Power also seem to work very well with each other, and their professional relationship is based on respect and admiration.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:44 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:That guide is indeed very useful and explains pretty well everything that there is to know about Supreme Kais. I would say that a very good and effective Supreme Kai is one who cannot only do his own job very well (creating life, observing mortals, protecting the cosmos), but can also work wonderfully with his God of Destruction. As with any Creation, there must be Destruction. Since a Supreme Kai cannot lay their hand on creation (something that the righteous Zamasu failed to understand), it falls to the Destroyer to wipe out species that might represent a threat to the cosmos. Creators and Destroyers must find good synergy if they wish to shape a strong and flourishing universe. And so the effectiveness of a Supreme Kai depends on that of their Destroyer.

This is also the reason as to why Universe 9 and Universe 7 are the lowest-ranking universes based on mortal level. The Creators and Destroyers of those universes rarely find an agreement and are quite incompetent (just look at Sidra, who does not want to destroy, and Roh, who is clearly very selfish and arrogant). Coincidentally, the Creators and Destroyers of the four universes exempt from the Tournament of Power also seem to work very well with each other, and their professional relationship is based on respect and admiration.
To be honest I think its not Shin's fault he isn't very good, since Bibidi had Majin Buu killed the other Supreme Kais. And Beerus is just lazy and boorish and destroys things for petty reasons. So its mainly Beerus's fault for the low level of U7.

And just from looking at the link I can see that if Shin had been fully trained he would be a much better Supreme Kai. If he had been trained better, then perhaps he would have had a more active role.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:24 pm

I always thought Shin was underrated in regards to his potential for development. When I imagine him at his peak, I think of someone with the knowledge and understanding of Universe 7 that Zuno has. Combine that with the powerful magical abilities of a sorcerer who actually uses them effectively -- seriously, you know a technique that can spawn any kind of physical substance you think of, why not use it -- and you would probably have a fairly competent character whom others look at with respect.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:08 pm

Yeah I feel he is more competent than Beerus is.