Does anyone else like to see Android 21 become canon?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Does anyone else like to see Android 21 become canon?

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:41 am

theherodjl wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Which sounds fine if that was the story trying to say something but it's not. Gero doesn't come undone in any satisfying or impactfull way: he gets quickly sidelined because an old editor of Toriyama's called Gero some old fart and thought he sucked as a villain so Toriyama hastily went about soft rebooting the story, twice.

Even if you're not aware of this fact, Gero's premature destruction do NOT feel organic at all, it's all undercooked with Toriayama and now video games trying to retroactively make him a character when it is far too little too late.
It actually is fine because Toriyama was playing with fire when he decided to delve into something as complex as time travel work with his story, and he even admitted himself that the story ended up a little convoluted because of that so his editor actually made a good call on changing the arc's intended events. Gero was rather shoehorned into relevance as quickly as he was killed off, why a previously-unseen, lone scientist on Earth can just whip up a batch of fighters that are all stronger than two SSJs who had trained for 3 years in preparation for them is beyond me. Goku initially asks if the future threat are aliens which would've been a better idea than "human mad-scientist is able to construct multiple Androids double the strength of the universe's previously-strongest fighter all because we need a new villain from Earth who can defeat Goku!"
Androids 19 and 20 have a good excuse: energy absorption, they can get as strong as the story needs them to thanks to that and it presents a challenge to the heroes where their best moves are essentially off the table. It's 16, 17 and 18 who have no excuse for beingso strong.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:52 pm

I like 21, but think it's too late and I honestly think that her antagonism was something big to she. It could have worked shortly after ROF arc or shortly after the champa tournament I do not see it possible now, although I personally think it would have been good ally of some villain maybe zamasu .. taking advantage of the return of the temporary line of trunks and there would be more participation of some warriors.
Also given the form of his actions Goku Black wants to exterminate all ningens and majin android 21 eating everybody, I could do good team up.

another option is that it is from another universe but a lot of history it is eliminated in the process.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:35 am

I see her as canon. I take the story in-game as side story to Dragon Ball Super, that probably happened somewhere between Universe 6 arc and TOP and I like how the characters have dialogues with each other based on that era, except for Legacy Z characters like SSJ Teen Gohan.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88