Why Was The Super 17 Arc So Short From An In-Universe Perspective???

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Why Was The Super 17 Arc So Short From An In-Universe Perspective???

Post by theherodjl » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:50 pm

There are a plethora of other short arcs throughout DB, don't get me wrong on that. However, with Super 17 being such a powerful foe that had some hype built up around him as soon as we seen Dr. Gero & Myuu discussing their little collaboration, why was he only around for a few episodes? Surely they could've added some suspense to the fight by having Super 17 start at a lower level of power thus making the Z Senshi think they might have a chance, and then Gero & Myuu springing it on them that he had been holding back then order him to get serious? Or maybe he could have started off weak, but kept getting stronger as he absorbed the Ki of the Z Senshi? Perhaps they also could've delved deeper into the rising, rebellious nature that was swelling in 17's psyche, and had him go along with Myuu's orders until he finally got sick of it like with Fat Boo & Babidi?
I'm just saying that its a wasted opportunity for both the fans & Z Senshi to defeat a major foe way faster than they usually do it.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Why Was The Super 17 Arc So Short From An In-Universe Perspective???

Post by Ssjcell » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:01 pm

Well from an in universe perspective he had that weakness when he was absorbing ki. If it weren't for that maybe Goku would have been forced to retreat and regroup . That would have potentially lengthened the arc. So I guess it's because Goku went from retarded (shooting ki blasts repeatedly) to genius (figuring out his only weakness) in a matter of minutes which for Goku isn't all that rare. He's a simple minded tactical genius.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Why Was The Super 17 Arc So Short From An In-Universe Perspective???

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:38 am

Honestly to keep Super 17 alive for more episodes he would need to have at least one transformation. Most villains in DB, especially those who last for long time had few transformations. Or Super 17 would need to beat everyone without killing them and then they would train some and fight again. Otherwise this fight would be as boring as Goku vs Beerus in Super. Something more needs to happen than finishing everything in one, long fight.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta