Can cell turn ssj?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Can cell turn ssj?

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Was cell turning into a ssj when he had that gold aura? My theory is that he can and was meaning cell has a base form and super perfect cell has ssj2 .thoughts?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Can cell turn ssj?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:28 pm

I don't think so. Cell is comprised of multiple, different species of DNA as well as the fact that he doesn't have a calm heart so his S-Cell count is probably too diluted to activate any transformation besides what Gero designed him to undergo, and it is the same basis on why Cell never transformed into a 4th or 5th form like Freeza & Cooler can. If anything, in the event that Cell does reappear then he'll probably have a transformation unique to him that might have something to do with a metamorphosis since his appearance seems to be very insectoid, and maybe he'll look more like a moth, mosquito, wasp, or all of the above.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:39 pm

I've always seen Cell's gold-aura state as being his equivalent to Super Saiyan, yeah.

I mean, think about it... he has all the best parts of the species he's made up of. Even though Dr. Gero doesn't know about Super Saiyan, that doesn't rule it out -- it wasn't Gero himself who completed Cell, but his computer. Plus, Gero did put the DNA of several Saiyans (including Goku and Vegeta who we know have the potential to transform) into Cell, and I'm sure the computer would be able to figure out that keeping that potential and the S-cells that went along with it would be a good idea.

He does seem to massively power up the first time he shows a gold aura (in Imperfect form), going from too weak to be any threat to Kamiccolo to being able to take one of his most powerful attacks head-on with no damage, overpowering #17 with little effort as well, and even surviving #16's blast. Just eating thousands (or hundred-thousands) of ordinary humans shouldn't be that big of a boost on its own, but if you think of it as bringing Cell to a stage in his development where he could use his "Super Saiyan-like" form rather than just as a "base" power boost, it makes a lot more sense.

Plus, having a "base" Cell makes the Krillin headbutt filler work a lot better -- Cell's still a lot stronger than Krillin even in his "base" state, but they're not so crazily far apart that Krillin can't catch him off guard and get a hit in once. Heck, maybe the initial Perfect Cell that Vegeta was able to injure with the Final Flash and Trunks was able to surpass in raw power with the "grade 3/ultra" Super Saiyan form (despite both of them being weaker than their Cell Games selves, who were still much weaker than Goku... who was still weaker than Cell even in a suppressed state!) was in fact "base" Perfect Cell, and we don't see "SSj-ish" Perfect Cell until the Cell Games begin and he fights Goku and Gohan.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:01 am

I personally don't think so, as I think something that big would have been outright stated, but if he does go "ssj" that would explain why he didn't go kaioken.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:22 am

He can harness the power of a SSJ rather than literally turn into one. For example, Perfect Cell was basically his version of Mastered SSJ and Super Perfect Cell was his version of SSJ2.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:23 am

Huh... Shouldn't this be common knowledge by now? I mean, an entity that displays a golden aura, says that doing such transformation was easy and thus proceeds to display Super Saiyan Third Grade, a bulky form just like Trunks did before him. He got himself nearly killed, came back stronger (another Saiyan characteristic/zenkai) and displayed electric aura just like Super Saiyan 2 and he himself says he powered-up the same way Gohan did.

V-Jump explained that Mira's "Super Mira" form comes from Saiyans DNA, which obviously tells us that it is his Super Saiyan transformation. Then logically, if Mira can achieve Super Saiyan, then so can Cell. All the evidences and implications are there. I do think it's weird that there is no official source outright stating that Cell can, but it's not like we need to be spoon-fed in this situation: Cell can transform into Super Saiyan.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:11 am

I also believe that Cell is capable of transforming. Well, I don't think that he is capable of changing forms, but rather to use their power. As many have stated, Cell has Saiyan Cells within him, meaning that he is just like Vegeta and Goku. All the other traits that he possesses (Namekian regeneration for example) are exclusive to him and do not affect his power and his potential. As such, I would think of Imperfect Cell as "Base" Cell, Semi-Perfect Cell as "Pseudo Super Saiyan (50% of Super Saiyan)" Cell, Perfect Cell as "Super Saiyan" Cell, Power Weighted Cell in his Perfect Form as "Grade 3" Cell and last but not least, Super Perfect Cell as a SSJ2 Cell. It is worth stating that in GT, when Cell absorbed the extremely more powerful than his Cell Games counteraart, Goku, Cell achieved a new form known as "Overloaded". In this state, Cell would probably be able to increase his power in his Super Perfect Form to match up with GT SSJ2 Goku and the form itself seems to me like Cell's version of SSJ3 (with minimum if not any difference in appearance with his Perfect and Super Perfect forms.
P O W E R