Favorite scene from GT?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Favorite scene from GT?

Post by PFM18 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:59 pm

I am currently doing a GT rewatch(kind of) and I realized as I am re-watching it that the scene I always end up watching over and over again is a completely inconsequential scene that is essentially filler. By far my favorite scene is the one where Vegeta is driving back with Bra with a bunch of stuff in the back seat and then two jock-esque guys drive alongside them and start heckling Bra and calling her hot etc etc, trying to flirt with her, and then Vegeta moves closer and rips off their steering wheel for them to drive off the cliff into the ocean. Then Bra is completely unphased by what her dad just did as if she totally expected it and then she apologizes to the guys saying that he has a temper.

What about you guys? What is your favorite scene from GT?

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: Favorite scene from GT?

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:26 pm

Omega Sheron's introduction and the following manhunt for Goku in that destroyed amusement park.

bonus: pretty lame scene but I always enjoyed Vegeta killing Nappa again

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:08 am

The ending, both because it's the best ending in the series and because it means I don't have to watch GT anymore :wink:

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:18 am

Huh this is difficult because there are so many great scenes imo but I would go with this scenes
Gokus Power up Vs General Rildo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xXA8AGhYnzk&t=2s

Piccolo motivates Goku
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eukv_Klo8TU

Goten‘s Date
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YDx4bxoW8gI

Goku teleports everyone to Planet Tsufuru
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CbfWQ8zvMAw
GT Fighter

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:53 am

Never really thought much about favourite scene from GT or any other DB series.

I think it could be genki dama or Goku's first SSJ4 transformation.
Not much original opinion but those scenes are just good and most people like them a lot.

Other examples worth mentioning:
-Goku's Golden Oozaru transformation mainly because of pure fear in Baby's eyes when he recognized 'monsters' that destroyed his race.
-Goku killing Super 17 is also badass and cool reference to King Piccolo
-Goku killing Naturon Shenron which was very brutal scene
-Pan vs Haze Shenron entire fight
-Piccolo's death
-Goku's farewell to everyone and leaving with Shenron

Also, Goku Jr. meting Goku if we include TV special.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:00 pm

Goku departing with Shenlong and saying: "Sure is warm here on Shen Long's back..."

That moment always get me misty-eyed.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:20 am

The ending. As bad as GT might have been, you gotta admit, that ending with the flashbacks from all the way back to dragon ball up until the defeat of omega shenron is one of the best endings too any series ever.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:09 am

Could have sworn there was a thread exactly like this on the General Discussion. Anyway, mine's Goku Farewell scene.
Shaddy wrote:The ending, both because it's the best ending in the series and because it means I don't have to watch GT anymore :wink:
Because of that? I never even bothered to finish Super regardless that it's a Dragon Ball series. Just got so bland, repetitive and dull to watch.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:25 pm

There are quite a few good ones. Good scenes is GT's forte. I can't give you just one, but I like when you see Bra commenting Vegeta's shaving, the creepyness of Baby taking over Vegeta. When the Saiyans and half Saiyans power baby up to transform is another great one. When Oob attacks baby Vegeta from the inside, the ssj 4 transformation...

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:37 pm

JohnnyCashKami wrote:Because of that? I never even bothered to finish Super regardless that it's a Dragon Ball series. Just got so bland, repetitive and dull to watch.
...good for you? Are you really just quoting me to say "WELL SUPER'S BAD SO THERE"? I don't care.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:57 pm

I recently watched GT for the first time since (probably) 2003, and one episode that stood out to me was 28. When the evil Gohan and Videl turned on their own daughter, I felt so bad for Pan (I don't care how annoying you think she is, she's still just a little girl)! That scared wail from Yuko Minaguchi as Gohan's blast heads towards Pan was really convincing - I felt that.
Then the next time you see Pan, she's in Mr Boo's arms, and I actually felt relief, like a complete trust in Boo that he would keep this little girl safe.

So I don't know if that counts as a single scene, but at least it's all part of the same sequence.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Shaddy wrote:
JohnnyCashKami wrote:Because of that? I never even bothered to finish Super regardless that it's a Dragon Ball series. Just got so bland, repetitive and dull to watch.
...good for you? Are you really just quoting me to say "WELL SUPER'S BAD SO THERE"? I don't care.
Yeah I was really confused by that response too.

But anyway, I wanted to see if other people enjoyed the "gag" scenes as much as I did. I didn't find the serious moments that played a role in the plot to be particularly compelling.(Other than the Baby arc to some extent) I really ended up enjoying the gags like the scene I mentioned in the OP, and when Vegeta cut his moustache and berated people for not noticing or Buu hiding Satan by periodically eating him, or things like that the most.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:11 pm

I personally enjoy the scenes where we get to see Pan's bond with Goku. There is a particular moment from episode 14, where after being freed from Luud, the first thing she did was giving her grandpa a warm hug:
It's quite heartwarming that despite Goku being a kid, Pan still loves him all the same.

People just tend to look over it because she likes to tease him from time to time, but the girl is really nice at heart.
PFM18 wrote: But anyway, I wanted to see if other people enjoyed the "gag" scenes as much as I did.
Yup! I mean the humor was a pretty cute most of the time (like Goku being treated like a luggage due to his small size) or the running gag that Trunks, unlike his future counterpart, isn't a very good machine pilot.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:39 am

I don't know why, but during Goku's farewell when he sees Piccolo is my favorite scene. Piccolo being in Hell kind of sucks, but it always makes me smile with their handshake and everything.

Hell, the whole farewell in the final episode is my favorite scene(s) but still...
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:24 am

Shaddy wrote:...good for you? Are you really just quoting me to say "WELL SUPER'S BAD SO THERE"? I don't care.
No, you said you felt obliged to watch Dragon Ball GT because it's a Dragon Ball series. It's entirely optional if you want to watch something or not.

Don't watch something if you don't actually enjoy it.

ThePrinceOfSaiyans
Beyond Newbie

Post by ThePrinceOfSaiyans » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:14 am

Goku/Vegeta becoming SSJ4 or Trunks pushing baby out of his body.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:54 pm

When they call Capsule Corp to say they have kidnapped Goku and Vegeta hangs up or something like that

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:09 pm

Koitsukai wrote:When they call Capsule Corp to say they have kidnapped Goku and Vegeta hangs up or something like that
yeah I forgot about that! that's hilarious

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:16 pm

Goku turning SSJ4 for the first time is easily the best scene in GT. In fact, its one of the best transformation scenes in the whole franchise.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:25 pm

Pan looking back at the city ruins, feeling Goku and starting to cry saying "Ojii-chan ...", then playing back, seing him and saying "Ojii-chan kami-sama mitai!"

Her realizing that he is still there and then also saying he looks like a god is such a powerful moment. Unlike "oh, let's hold hands and become gods" (also cool but the intensity is much lower).

This is the best scene in the entire franchise for me. Pretty much nothing that is actually written the best for me ever came from Toriyama-san but from Toei.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"