Who is the most heroic DB character in the Franchise?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Who is the most heroic DB character in the Franchise?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:43 pm

PFM18 wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:Future Trunks from DBZ. Not the one from Super.
Also Gohan, present and especially future.
Goku despite being dumbass at times also made some really heroic decissions.
what makes DBS future trunks any less heroic?
I already answered this question somewhere above so take a look
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:46 pm

For me Goku is the most heroic character.

I'd like to give a big shout out to Mr Satan as well, for reasons already given by Polyphase Avatron.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:03 pm

TheZFighter wrote:For me Goku is the most heroic character.

I'd like to give a big shout out to Mr Satan as well, for reasons already given by Polyphase Avatron.
If goku is heroic you might as well say Vegeta is too :clap:

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:17 pm

Probably Future Trunks who doesn't mess about with enemies and even fights Vegeta to stop Cell.

And Goku. Despite what people say about him Goku did sacrifice his life for the earth twice which is pretty damn heroic. And he revived Bora out of kindness.

And Piccolo who died for Gohan, took Frieza's deathbeam for Goku (anime only), swallowed his pride by merging with Kami to stop the Androids and Cell, was prepared to spend an eternity with Super Buu in the Time Chamber, and was also prepared to fight him alone after Gotenks separated. And if we're counting GT he dies for the earth and later chooses to go to Hell forever to help Goku escape.

Gohan was also heroic in many situations, but especially on Namek against Recoome where he refused to stay down and got his neck broken trying to save everyone. And his Future counterpart who battled the 2 Androids alone for years.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Nokra wrote:
TheZFighter wrote:For me Goku is the most heroic character.

If goku is heroic you might as well say Vegeta is too :clap:
I loved Vegeta at the end of the Buu Saga for that reason
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:59 pm

Mr. Satan. He saved the world from Cell, Majin Buu and the God of Destruction Beebus

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:37 am

Goku's heroic in large-scale ways, but as he gets older and develops, his selfish, negative, and even dangerous elements all crop in to offset that to some extent. (Which even he admits--he "knows it's wrong" to let Vegeta get away; he threatens to never forgive Kaio if he doesn't allow him to fight Freeza to the end in a fit of mixed curiosity and rage; he apologizes for "always doing whatever he wanted" when he goes off with Cell; he willingly plays fast and loose with the fate of the Earth in both the Cell and Boo arcs, and he has a bit of an ego; true to form in the "always doing whatever he wanted" category, the original series even ends on his abandoning his family on a whim.) He's more straightforwardly righteous as a kid, but he changes as the series goes on. He develops the ability to more firmly tell right from wrong while knowing he himself is sometimes clearly in the wrong. He's a martial-artist first and someone who happens to save the day because of his strength second.

Future Trunks and Gohan are the only characters in the series that really care about saving and helping people above all else. It has to be one of them. (And correspondingly Future Trunks single-handedly winds up dealing with most of the core antagonists on his own just by not letting them put up their guards or accomplish their goals.)