Why Is Anime Beerus So Much Stronger Than BOG/ROF Movie Beerus?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Re: Why Is Anime Beerus So Much Stronger Than BOG/ROF Movie Beerus?

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:06 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Dude. The DBZ B.o.G and R.o.F movies aren't A PART of DBS. All DBS has is the anime, the manga, and the DBS Broly movie.
I agree BoG and RoF aren't apart of the DBS anime, but DBS Broly doesn't seem to be a 100% sequel to the anime either as SSB kaioken and SSBE weren't a thing.
The argument isn’t over which one is more canon. Yall really need to research what a retcon is. Do that and comprehend this. The DBZ Movie versions of the B.o.G and R.o.F stories were overwritten when the DBS versions, the more RECENT versions of the stories came and had differnt events.
I know what a retcon is, and this isnt' it. The DBS anime is a continuation of the anime, with filler characters like Gregory, so of course the BoG and RoF movie, which were made to be continuations of the manga and had no filler in it aren't apart of the same continuity as the super anime.
Tarble being mentioned or not doesn’t mean shit when it comes to retcons. The DBZ movies were FACTUALLY retconned by DBS. And just like any other thing thats been retconned, its obsolete.
You can't say it'ts retconned because they were never apart of the same continuity to begin with. Just like how the Super manga isn't. Does the Super manga retcon the anime? No, they are just different continuities, same with the movies.
For example, the Tuffles were originally the ones who created scouters. Toriyama recently retconned this by having Kikono being the one who created them. That means that all this lore with the Tuffles inventing the scouters has been overwritten. It’s obsolete.
I agree with this, but this isn't the same at all. I don't think the tuffles designing the scouters was ever Toriyama's idea and he probably never considered it canon. But the fact is Toriyama may actually consider the RoF movie more his vision than the anime version which strays from his script, so Toie's adaptation doesn't overwrite or retcon Toriyama's.
Its not that hard to understand.
You would think, but it seems you don't understand the differnce between a retcon and a different continuity. The super anime IS NOT THE MAIN CANON, if it was it would be a retcon, but the fact there is also a manga that is completely different, that is still going, and is also considered canon, means there isn't one continuity that stands above the rest. The RoF movie is arguably the Super manga versions of the events as well, so if you consider the Super manga the direct continuation of the manga, then maybe BoG was retconned, but RoF would still be the manga versions of the events.

But I will agree, Beerus was retconned to be stronger, but I could argue he was retconned to be stronger before Super, considering SSG was supposedly 60% of Beerus orginaly, but in RoF Whis said Goku and Vegeta couldn't beat Beerus together even though they had SSB, and Golden Frieza was stronger than SSB and he was afraid of Beerus and Toriyama said no matter how much Frieza trained he couldn't surpass Beerus. So Beerus' power was probalby retconned before Super even came out.
Yea. I dont know how you misunderstood this but...

First off, i never said DBS Broly was a continuation of the anime or even the manga.

Second off, dont know where you got this misinfo but the DBS anime AND manga AND this Broly movie are all a part of the main continuity as they’re all works created off of a story created by Toriyama which they all expand upon. Its a joint effort.

And DBZ B.o.G and R.o.F the movies were ALSO a part of the main continuity as they were ALSO both Toriyama stories.

So. When Toriyama writes about events happening, and later, through either an interview, future story, or retelling, those events happen to change/differ, those original events have been “retconned.” The new version of the events overwrites the old.

So. When Toriyama wrote the B.o.G and R.o.F movies which belonged to the main continuity, and later, through DBS, (also in the main continuity) had a more recent version of the stories with events that are different/have been changed from the events of the movies, those original movie events have been “retconned.” Again, the new version of the events overwrites the old.

A previously established event getting overwritten by more recent info whether through an interview or from the actually show.

Dbz b.o.g and r.o.f are the previous established stories that, through Toriyama’s more recent tellings of the stories, have been retconned.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:49 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Yea. I dont know how you misunderstood this but...
First off, i never said DBS Broly was a continuation of the anime or even the manga.
I see what you are saying now. But just because the BoG and RoF movie had the Z name and weren't a part of Super it doesn't mean it was retconned, they were just made before the name Super was thought up and calling it Z would be more recognizable.
Second off, dont know where you got this misinfo but the DBS anime AND manga AND this Broly movie are all a part of the main continuity as they’re all works created off of a story created by Toriyama which they all expand upon. Its a joint effort.
I agree and never said otherwise. It's just that the anime takes liberties and brings in anime only elements, and Toyotaro takes liberties as well, and I assume they do as well in the movies. But the movies are more bare bones due to their length, and for some reason when they make the movies they try and make them as close to the manga as possible.
And DBZ B.o.G and R.o.F the movies were ALSO a part of the main continuity as they were ALSO both Toriyama stories.
So. When Toriyama writes about events happening, and later, through either an interview, future story, or retelling, those events happen to change/differ, those original events have been “retconned.” The new version of the events overwrites the old.
So. When Toriyama wrote the B.o.G and R.o.F movies which belonged to the main continuity, and later, through DBS, (also in the main continuity) had a more recent version of the stories with events that are different/have been changed from the events of the movies, those original movie events have been “retconned.” Again, the new version of the events overwrites the old.
A previously established event getting overwritten by more recent info whether through an interview or from the actually show.
I agree, but that's only when a story element actually changes. The BoG and RoF movies can be watched instead of the first two arcs or manga chapter, and the manga didn't even bother with the RoF arc so the movie could be considered the manga version.
Dbz b.o.g and r.o.f are the previous established stories that, through Toriyama’s more recent tellings of the stories, have been retconned.
What was retconned? They are essentially the same stories. Beerus' power is the only real retcon.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:29 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Yea. I dont know how you misunderstood this but...
I see what you are saying now. But just because the BoG and RoF movie had the Z name and weren't a part of Super it doesn't mean it was retconned, they were just made before the name Super was thought up and calling it Z would be more recognizable.
I agree and never said otherwise. It's just that the anime takes liberties and brings in anime only elements, and Toyotaro takes liberties as well, and I assume they do as well in the movies. But the movies are more bare bones due to their length, and for some reason when they make the movies they try and make them as close to the manga as possible.
I agree, but that's only when a story element actually changes. The BoG and RoF movies can be watched instead of the first two arcs or manga chapter, and the manga didn't even bother with the RoF arc so the movie could be considered the manga version.
What was retconned? They are essentially the same stories. Beerus' power is the only real retcon.
What has been retconned?

For one, the Super Saiyan God story was retconned. Beerus’s power was retconned. And loads more events happened in the DBS version of the story compared to the movie version. In R.o.F, Ginyu’s involvement was added, Gotenks actually appeared, and like B.o.G, loads more stuff happened in the DBS version than the movie version. Tje addition of all these things are retcons to the movie’s version which had the story play out with none of those events that were in the DBS version which is the recent version and therefore the one that overwrites the movie version.

All you need is one difference for the more recent version of the story to overwrite the old version. B.o.G and R.o.F had been retconned by multiple events that the DBS versions have. So as I've been saying for a while now, B.o.G and R.o.F the movies have been retconned by the DBS arc versions.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:28 am

AnimeNation101 wrote: What has been retconned?
For one, the Super Saiyan God story was retconned.
In what way was it retconned? I don't remember there being any difference.
And loads more events happened in the DBS version of the story compared to the movie version. In R.o.F, Ginyu’s involvement was added, Gotenks actually appeared,
In the manga version of Super there was a flash back and Tagoma/Ginyu weren't there, so it was retconned in the manga version, and the Broly movie makes it seem like Trunks and Goten have never seen Frieza soldiers before.
and like B.o.G, loads more stuff happened in the DBS version than the movie version. Tje addition of all these things are retcons to the movie’s version which had the story play out with none of those events that were in the DBS version which is the recent version and therefore the one that overwrites the movie version.
Yes, of course there are additions to the anime, but that's becaues they have more time and add things that Toriyama didn't put in the script. In the manga the BoG arc was even shorter than the movie, and there was no RoF arc at all.
So you could argue that the BoG movie was retconned for both versions, but the RoF movie wasn't retconned for the manga version, as Toyotaro didn't adapt it and just references it.
All you need is one difference for the more recent version of the story to overwrite the old version. B.o.G and R.o.F had been retconned by multiple events that the DBS versions have. So as I've been saying for a while now, B.o.G and R.o.F the movies have been retconned by the DBS arc versions.
But the thing is newer doesn't mean retconned. They remade the red ribbon army arc into a movie that was completely different than the manga/anime version, but that doesn't retcon the original.
There is a difference between an retcon and an adaption. Now if there was an actual plot point in the future that had something that wasn't in the movies, then yes they would be retconned. For example if Piccolo dying to Frieza caused the start of a new arc. But the fact is if you watch the two movies and then start either the manga or anime where they left off, you lose nothing.
Just think about it this way, if you asked Toriyama if the movies were apart of his official story do you think he would say no? GT is something that got retconned, the movies were just adapted.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:17 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: What has been retconned?
For one, the Super Saiyan God story was retconned.
In what way was it retconned? I don't remember there being any difference.
And loads more events happened in the DBS version of the story compared to the movie version. In R.o.F, Ginyu’s involvement was added, Gotenks actually appeared,
In the manga version of Super there was a flash back and Tagoma/Ginyu weren't there, so it was retconned in the manga version, and the Broly movie makes it seem like Trunks and Goten have never seen Frieza soldiers before.
and like B.o.G, loads more stuff happened in the DBS version than the movie version. Tje addition of all these things are retcons to the movie’s version which had the story play out with none of those events that were in the DBS version which is the recent version and therefore the one that overwrites the movie version.
Yes, of course there are additions to the anime, but that's becaues they have more time and add things that Toriyama didn't put in the script. In the manga the BoG arc was even shorter than the movie, and there was no RoF arc at all.
So you could argue that the BoG movie was retconned for both versions, but the RoF movie wasn't retconned for the manga version, as Toyotaro didn't adapt it and just references it.
But the thing is newer doesn't mean retconned. They remade the red ribbon army arc into a movie that was completely different than the manga/anime version, but that doesn't retcon the original.
There is a difference between an retcon and an adaption. Now if there was an actual plot point in the future that had something that wasn't in the movies, then yes they would be retconned. For example if Piccolo dying to Frieza caused the start of a new arc. But the fact is if you watch the two movies and then start either the manga or anime where they left off, you lose nothing.
Just think about it this way, if you asked Toriyama if the movies were apart of his official story do you think he would say no? GT is something that got retconned, the movies were just adapted.
I'm not gonna type everything. If you want to see the differences in the SSGod story, look it up.

And again, the manga being different isn’t a retcon because the DBS manga is a completely different continuity all together where as the DBZ B.o.G and R.o.F movies and DBS anime are a part of the same continuity. When the DBS Manga does events differently, its simply a different DBS continuity doing events differently. But since the B.o.G and R.o.F movies are in the SAME continuity as the DBS anime, when the DBS anime changes the events of the movies, those movies are retconned.

And the R.R Army thing isn’t a retcon either. Because that newer version came from the movie Path to Power, and unlike DBS and the B.o.G and R.o.F movies, it wasn’t written by Toriyama so it was never canon. So the Path to Power movie was never a part of the same continuity an therefore wasn’t retconning the events of the anime or manga of Dragon Ball.

So, again with how the DBZ B.o.G and R.o.F movies were Toriyama written stories and the DBS B.o.G and R.o.F arcs are ALSO Toriyama written stories, they belong to the same continuity. And because they belong to the same continuity, the DBS version of those events would factually be treated as updated newer versions of the B.o.G and R.o.F movie stories. And so, the newer version of the B.o.G and R.o.F stories, with the new events that they bring and edits of the original events, retcon the movie version of the stories.

A retcon is a literary device in which established facts in a fictional work are adjusted, ignored, or contradicted by a subsequently published work which breaks continuity with the former.

And thats what the DBS versions of B.o.G and R.o.F do to the movie versions. The Path to Power movie doesn’t fit into this category simply because its not a part of the same continuity as the original DB anime or manga was.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:40 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: I'm not gonna type everything. If you want to see the differences in the SSGod story, look it up.
I just looked at the anime and movie and Shenron just left out the story in the anime version, it wasn't changed (unless you are reffering to something besides shenron's explanation). In a recent interview Toriyama even brought up Yamoshi, the first SSG, so if anything that would show the original story wasn't retconned.
And again, the manga being different isn’t a retcon because the DBS manga is a completely different continuity all together where as the DBZ B.o.G and R.o.F movies and DBS anime are a part of the same continuity. When the DBS Manga does events differently, its simply a different DBS continuity doing events differently. But since the B.o.G and R.o.F movies are in the SAME continuity as the DBS anime, when the DBS anime changes the events of the movies, those movies are retconned.
This is where you are wrong, the movies and super were never apart of the same continuity. The movies were a continuation of the manga only with no filler characters ore references at all, the anime was a partial continuation of kai and the manga, with Gregory and the Ginyu frog filler reference.
And the R.R Army thing isn’t a retcon either. Because that newer version came from the movie Path to Power, and unlike DBS and the B.o.G and R.o.F movies, it wasn’t written by Toriyama so it was never canon. So the Path to Power movie was never a part of the same continuity an therefore wasn’t retconning the events of the anime or manga of Dragon Ball.
Yeah, and I'm saying the things added in Super weren't from Toriyama, they were just toei additions. The only thing that seemed to be retconned by Toriyama was having Bulma's birthday party on a cruise ship. All that Ginyu and Tagoma stuff seems to be completely anime original.
So, again with how the DBZ B.o.G and R.o.F movies were Toriyama written stories and the DBS B.o.G and R.o.F arcs are ALSO Toriyama written stories, they belong to the same continuity. And because they belong to the same continuity, the DBS version of those events would factually be treated as updated newer versions of the B.o.G and R.o.F movie stories. And so, the newer version of the B.o.G and R.o.F stories, with the new events that they bring and edits of the original events, retcon the movie version of the stories.
Toriyama helped write the movies, then Toei re-told it in anime format with some twists. However if memory serves me I think heard Toriyama didn't actually write the entire script for BoG, he just made modifications to it to fit his vision, and he probably gave a few new notes for Super, like the birthday being on the boat. But when it comes to RoF he wrote the script himself, and considering the movie came out right before Super the anime staff most likely just used the movie script itself as the story guide for the anime, I doubt Toriyama gave them new info for a movie that just came out that he wrote himself. And the fact that Toyotaro didn't bother re-writing it (this was before the anime version of the arc came out), pretty much tells me that the movie hasn't been retconned from the anime versions of the events.
If we consider dragon ball a linear story, at this point I think the continuities would go like this
dragon ball anime > dragon ball kai > super anime > Broly
dragon ball manga > super manga BoG arc >RoF movie >rest of super manga > Broly
dragon ball manga > BoG and RoF > rest of super manga > Broly
A retcon is a literary device in which established facts in a fictional work are adjusted, ignored, or contradicted by a subsequently published work which breaks continuity with the former.
I agree, but what I'm saying is there is nothing from the movies that were changed slash ignored that are implemented in the future of the series.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:51 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: I'm not gonna type everything. If you want to see the differences in the SSGod story, look it up.
I just looked at the anime and movie and Shenron just left out the story in the anime version, it wasn't changed (unless you are reffering to something besides shenron's explanation). In a recent interview Toriyama even brought up Yamoshi, the first SSG, so if anything that would show the original story wasn't retconned.
This is where you are wrong, the movies and super were never apart of the same continuity. The movies were a continuation of the manga only with no filler characters ore references at all, the anime was a partial continuation of kai and the manga, with Gregory and the Ginyu frog filler reference.
Yeah, and I'm saying the things added in Super weren't from Toriyama, they were just toei additions. The only thing that seemed to be retconned by Toriyama was having Bulma's birthday party on a cruise ship. All that Ginyu and Tagoma stuff seems to be completely anime original.
Toriyama helped write the movies, then Toei re-told it in anime format with some twists. However if memory serves me I think heard Toriyama didn't actually write the entire script for BoG, he just made modifications to it to fit his vision, and he probably gave a few new notes for Super, like the birthday being on the boat. But when it comes to RoF he wrote the script himself, and considering the movie came out right before Super the anime staff most likely just used the movie script itself as the story guide for the anime, I doubt Toriyama gave them new info for a movie that just came out that he wrote himself. And the fact that Toyotaro didn't bother re-writing it (this was before the anime version of the arc came out), pretty much tells me that the movie hasn't been retconned from the anime versions of the events.
If we consider dragon ball a linear story, at this point I think the continuities would go like this
I agree, but what I'm saying is there is nothing from the movies that were changed slash ignored that are implemented in the future of the series.
This has been a waste of time. I cant prove something like this to someone who believes their headcanon is fact and uses it as evidence against what I'm saying.

Because this:
is a headcanon. Not factual. An assumption. Not valid for use in the discussion.

I’ve already explained how DBS retcons the B.o.G and R.o.F movies time and time again. And I'm not gonna except this idea of yours, despite as much thought as you’ve put into it, as evidence against what I'm saying. And if you want to keep believing what you believe, you won’t be excepting what I'm saying. This convo aint gonna go anywhere.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:48 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: This has been a waste of time. I cant prove something like this to someone who believes their headcanon is fact and uses it as evidence against what I'm saying.

Because this:
is a headcanon. Not factual. An assumption. Not valid for use in the discussion.
You seemed to have not read what I wrote properly. I said "I think", clearly stating I admit it is my opinion, and not fact.
Not only that you bring your own head canon saying the movies were supposed to be apart of the anime continuity, so the super anime retconned them. The only reason they are connected to the anime is that they are animated by Toei, and saying they have to be a part of the same continuity but the manga doesn't is headcanon on your part.

If you just want hard facts I can do that to.
Gregory and Bumla meeting frog Ginyu are not a part of the manga, therefore the super anime is not a part of that continuity.
The BoG movie has kid Vegeta with his Toriyama designed hair, kid Vegeta in the super anime has his anime style hair. Broly has the Toriyama design again, proving that's the one Toriyama still goes by.

You said you were the one who brought evidence, even though I clearly brought my own and you have parts of your argument that clearly didn't. Yes you had some evidence for some of your arguments, but the fact even one of your arguments was headcanon without evidence, is hypocritical since you claim this is a waist of time because you nitpick one of my statements that I admit was my opinion, but you actually claimed something as a fact, without evidence, and actually has evidence against it.

Just so we are clear this is the stamement I was referring to.
When the DBS Manga does events differently, its simply a different DBS continuity doing events differently. But since the B.o.G and R.o.F movies are in the SAME continuity as the DBS anime, when the DBS anime changes the events of the movies, those movies are retconned.
If you can't back this up with an official source it pretty much invalidates your entire argument, as it proves you will say whatever it takes to try to prove your point, but try to say it's a waist of time to debate someone who just states their opninon, and specifically claims its an opinion...

Trust me, I wish there was just one single continuity of events as well, but that just clearly isn't the case with series. Every time Toriyama makes something new it seems he just picks and chooses what he wants to be canon at that moment in time.
I’ve already explained how DBS retcons the B.o.G and R.o.F movies time and time again. And I'm not gonna except this idea of yours, despite as much thought as you’ve put into it, as evidence against what I'm saying. And if you want to keep believing what you believe, you won’t be excepting what I'm saying. This convo aint gonna go anywhere.
There is no confirmed or official canon when it comes to dragon ball. If anything Toriyama doesn't consider the scenes added in the anime part of his story considering they are left out in Broly.

Tarble not being mentioned in the Super anime actually did lead me to believe BoG and Yo son Goku and his friends may have been retconned, because if Tarble was thrown out and his existence completely ignored, that would mean the BoG movie would have a reference to a character that no longer exists, making it retconned. However the fact they bring up Tarble again in the Broly movie means they are sticking to their guns.

But this is off topic anyways. The answer to this thread is Beerus was retconned to be stronger, but that doesn't mean the movie was retconned, that's like saying the orignal manga was retconned because they said potara fusion was permanent.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:48 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: This has been a waste of time. I cant prove something like this to someone who believes their headcanon is fact and uses it as evidence against what I'm saying.

Because this:
You seemed to have not read what I wrote properly. I said "I think", clearly stating I admit it is my opinion, and not fact.
Not only that you bring your own head canon saying the movies were supposed to be apart of the anime continuity, so the super anime retconned them. The only reason they are connected to the anime is that they are animated by Toei, and saying they have to be a part of the same continuity but the manga doesn't is headcanon on your part.

If you just want hard facts I can do that to.
Gregory and Bumla meeting frog Ginyu are not a part of the manga, therefore the super anime is not a part of that continuity.
The BoG movie has kid Vegeta with his Toriyama designed hair, kid Vegeta in the super anime has his anime style hair. Broly has the Toriyama design again, proving that's the one Toriyama still goes by.

You said you were the one who brought evidence, even though I clearly brought my own and you have parts of your argument that clearly didn't. Yes you had some evidence for some of your arguments, but the fact even one of your arguments was headcanon without evidence, is hypocritical since you claim this is a waist of time because you nitpick one of my statements that I admit was my opinion, but you actually claimed something as a fact, without evidence, and actually has evidence against it.

Just so we are clear this is the stamement I was referring to.
When the DBS Manga does events differently, its simply a different DBS continuity doing events differently. But since the B.o.G and R.o.F movies are in the SAME continuity as the DBS anime, when the DBS anime changes the events of the movies, those movies are retconned.
If you can't back this up with an official source it pretty much invalidates your entire argument, as it proves you will say whatever it takes to try to prove your point, but try to say it's a waist of time to debate someone who just states their opninon, and specifically claims its an opinion...

Trust me, I wish there was just one single continuity of events as well, but that just clearly isn't the case with series. Every time Toriyama makes something new it seems he just picks and chooses what he wants to be canon at that moment in time.
There is no confirmed or official canon when it comes to dragon ball. If anything Toriyama doesn't consider the scenes added in the anime part of his story considering they are left out in Broly.

Tarble not being mentioned in the Super anime actually did lead me to believe BoG and Yo son Goku and his friends may have been retconned, because if Tarble was thrown out and his existence completely ignored, that would mean the BoG movie would have a reference to a character that no longer exists, making it retconned. However the fact they bring up Tarble again in the Broly movie means they are sticking to their guns.

But this is off topic anyways. The answer to this thread is Beerus was retconned to be stronger, but that doesn't mean the movie was retconned, that's like saying the orignal manga was retconned because they said potara fusion was permanent.
Whatever floats your boat m8y.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:02 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote: Whatever floats your boat m8y.
Sure, it seems we won't agree on this, but I would also like to point out one last thing, if RoF was retconned, why would they come out with a special edition tying it in to the Black arc? Technically that special addition makes the movie the most recent edition, as it came out after the anime arc.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:42 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
AnimeNation101 wrote: Whatever floats your boat m8y.
Sure, it seems we won't agree on this, but I would also like to point out one last thing, if RoF was retconned, why would they come out with a special edition tying it in to the Black arc? Technically that special addition makes the movie the most recent edition, as it came out after the anime arc.
Thats not a more recent or newer version of the R.o.F story though. Its just the R.o.F movie with the Black arc added onto it. Maybe if they changed up the R.o.F story in this version or hell, even animated scenes differently, i would agree, but its literally the same footage from the R.o.F movie with the only added thing being the Black arc, an arc detached from R.o.F story.

The newest version of the R.o.F story is still the DBS version.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:41 am

Retcon. He has to be stronger than goku no matter what

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:19 am

Because he's written to be a recurring character as opposed to a one-off villain. Also, is he even that much stronger? The movie left him at "incredibly powerful far beyond what Goku can reach at the time", so it's not like there's a massive disparity.