Live Action Korean Film Availability

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Live Action Korean Film Availability

Post by Gozar » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:46 pm

Quick question: Is there any legitimate means to obtain the Live Action Korean DragonBall Film with English subtitles? Such as perhaps a Chinese DVD that just so happens to contain them (Like BoG did)?

OmegaRockman
Patreon Supporter

Re: Live Action Korean Film Availability

Post by OmegaRockman » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:03 pm

I don't think the movie ever got an official DVD release in its home country let alone anywhere else. There was this DVD from Spain, but all signs point to it being a bootleg. The only official release it ever had to my knowledge was in the form of two really rare VHS tapes, which is what the rips you'll find floating around the web are based on if I'm not mistaken.
The self-proclaimed World's Biggest Dragon Ball Kai Fan™

My YouTube

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:14 pm

That's a shame. Thanks for the info. Now I won't feel any negativity about watching it online.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:15 pm

Gozar wrote:That's a shame. Thanks for the info. Now I won't feel any negativity about watching it online.
Fair warning though: movie is TERRIBLE.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:16 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:
Gozar wrote:That's a shame. Thanks for the info. Now I won't feel any negativity about watching it online.
For me, that will be part of the charm. I've seen a few clips and it's absolutely something that I can enjoy for what it is, lol.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:23 pm

Gozar wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:
For me, that will be part of the charm. I've seen a few clips and it's absolutely something that I can enjoy for what it is, lol.
The chinese one is so cheesy it's good and is the best live action DB movie, lol, even Evolution is so bad, it's good. But the korean one starts off decent for what it is (adapting the manga surprisingly well) and then in the middle and towards the end becomes utter garbage.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:42 pm

I saw the Korean film a long time ago RAW. The movie felt like a acid trip and the movie throws everything all over the place. I remember even Nappa shows up out of nowhere.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:56 pm

Is it the Korean one that had Nappa ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:58 pm

Someone who knows Korean should make a sub in .srt, so it wouldn't be up to them how they got the movie.
soppa saia people wrote:Is it the Korean one that had Nappa ?
Yes.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

DoomieDoomie911
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DoomieDoomie911 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:32 pm

The best thing to come out of that movie was smoking Puar. It's so ridiculous! :lol:

Cipher wrote:Dragon Ball is the story of a kind-hearted, excitable child who uses the power of friendship to improve those around him as he grows into a dangerous obsessive who sometimes accidentally saves the world.
She/her (I have a Twitter account now.)