"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

alakazam^
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Heroes" On-Going Discussion Thread

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:43 pm

Oh yeah, that one. Hardly remembered him.

Maybe they are going to retread early GT, like you said, and feature Baby as the focus of the set.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:12 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:--Still not entirely sure what his story is, but the new SS4 Broli is a secret boss after Super Mira/Dabra: Xeno/Dark(ness) Towa in the Hell Gate material. He shows up after they are defeated (no idea what Towa's dialogue says)...but then he appears to kill them? All I know so far is that his technique is "Gigantic Genocide". If anyone wants to browse the text or dialogue for a clue, be my guest, but I couldn't get anything concrete. Though, it may just be Broli coming back as a really angry SS4 after being in Hell post Movie 10...
So, that's all there is to learn about this new SS4 Broli? Does he even have a different name?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:42 pm

Nope. He still goes by "Broli" in game and the missions never really name forms (remember the confusion over what to call Mira once he lost his armor, but before he went Super). So, until he gets a card or something more in next months V-Jump, that's about all there is to know. :cry:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:20 am

Lol really? Are they running out of ideas over Bandai-Namco or do they simply find it unthinkable not to release a new Broly card every two months?(I have no idea about the frequency in which they release new Broly cards).

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:28 am

Broly is Eternal

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:51 am

They finally uploaded that missing trailer on their channel: https://youtu.be/zScr7ktClN0
Along with a few others.
Last edited by EveBlaze31 on Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:55 am

EveBlaze31 wrote:They finally uploaded that missing trailer on their channel:https://youtu.be/zScr7ktClN0
Along with a few others.
What about all these video uploads today on their channel? Are they planning something?

EveBlaze31
Beyond Newbie

Post by EveBlaze31 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:24 am

macho_man wrote:
EveBlaze31 wrote:They finally uploaded that missing trailer on their channel:https://youtu.be/zScr7ktClN0
Along with a few others.
What about all these video uploads today on their channel? Are they planning something?
No clue, to be honest however most of theme are old trailer you can find on YouTube, and 1 is just promoting Goku and Frieza cards.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:04 am

Finally, after all this time!

So, the ones missing now are:
  • Mission 7
    Galaxy Mission 2
    Galaxy Mission 7
    God Mission 2
Correct?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:20 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:Finally, after all this time!

So, the ones missing now are:
  • Mission 7
    Galaxy Mission 2
    Galaxy Mission 7
    God Mission 2
Correct?
Openings from 3ds games UM 1&2 will not be counted in?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:52 am

I don't know if they'll ever upload the full 3DS OPs. The only ones missing from the arcade version now are Mission 7 (I don't remember why) and Galaxy Mission 2 (if there is a full version). GM7 and GDM2 will never have proper videos because their commercials were just footage from BOG and "F".

I guess this may also prove that there is no fully animated version of Mission 8, and it was always intended to use game footage...

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:59 am

macho_man wrote:Openings from 3ds games UM 1&2 will not be counted in?
I didn't count them because even though they are not available in the official YT channel, they can still be found, unlike the ones I mentioned.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:I don't know if they'll ever upload the full 3DS OPs. The only ones missing from the arcade version now are Mission 7 (I don't remember why) and Galaxy Mission 2 (if there is a full version). GM7 and GDM2 will never have proper videos because their commercials were just footage from BOG and "F".
Checking the commercials that I downloaded a few years ago, I have the first commercial named after both Missions 1 & 2, then the second is named after Mission 3, the third after Mission 4, etc. And from what I recall, the Vegetto vs Boo was the only one missing from the original Missions. Maybe they got the numbers wrong?

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:06 am

Entirely possible. I think Set 1 focused on Bojack, Set 2 was robits, Set 3 was Buu, Set 4 was Freeza, etc. My files were named in a similar manner for the videos, so the the first one was only labeled after Mission 2.

Excluding the missions that used clips from the films, GM2's video, full or not, is probably the only one properly missing from Youtube now.

On another note, it's been a few days now, but it seems like no one has unlocked the Champa what-if mission in the Golden Freeza Arc yet, or at least no one has recorded it. I was kind of looking forward to seeing if they just gave him a Beerus attack or if he had something of his own.

EDIT: Looking back at the V-Jump that revealed Champa in GDM5, I'm not sure he's actually in the finished mission. The Golden Freeza Arc mission "timeline" is different in those pictures than it is in the final version. The Champa and Beerus mission was part of a what-if that branched off the bottom, but all the what-ifs in the final version of the arc branch to the top.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:58 pm

EveBlaze31 wrote:They finally uploaded that missing trailer on their channel: https://youtu.be/zScr7ktClN0
Along with a few others.
Holy shi- , that was amazing :!: It might be my favourite trailer from Heroes with such an excellent animation quality.

If only Kai was like this

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:42 pm

I want to see the one that has Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta in it. I think it was GDM2 right?
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:28 pm

Wait, there was a SSJ4 Gogeta trailer? I'm so interested, if they ever upload it @_@

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:47 pm

Only one animated commercial is missing now. The rest from later sets with characters like SS4 Gogeta have already been uploaded for a long time.

Animated JM8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umb8e_NHtSk
Game engine GDM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTeEa6ohRyA

GoldLiger
Banned

Post by GoldLiger » Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:07 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:Only one animated commercial is missing now. The rest from later sets with characters like SS4 Gogeta have already been uploaded for a long time.

Animated JM8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umb8e_NHtSk
Game engine GDM: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTeEa6ohRyA
Actually their is a secret GDM2 trailer that wasn't shown yet. I think the site is uploaded them in order and including the missing trailers.
Dragon Ball Heroes God Mission = Best sets of missions so far

Super Saiyan 4 Gohan FTW!!

SSGSS Goku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SSGSS Goku » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:24 pm

I don't think a GDM 2 trailer really exists. I don't think they would keep it secret as they upload all of their trailers mainly on their YouTube channel. To sum everything up, as far as I know, with the trailer count for the recently uploaded original trailers, they messed up since the ssj3 trunks trailer is actually for set 3 (mentioned by DBZGTKOSDH)
There was a commercial for set 2 that featured the first trailer with no new footage. I think someone already cleared up that GM 7 and GDM 2 have no trailer because they are just footage from the 2 recent movies (mentioned by TheDevilsCorpse) So the only one we are missing is GM 2, which I'm not sure actually exists. However, there is a scene in a GDM 1 commercial that contains SSJ4 Gogeta that I've never seen in any other trailers. I'm not sure if that's going to be in a future trailer or an unfinished trailer

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:48 pm

DNA wrote:Yup, that's it. It's Baby when he's expelled from Vegeta's body. It's no big deal since he barely makes an impact on the series, but he was featured in the intro, a gashapon and in other promotional material fighting against Super Saiyan 4 Goku, which seems to imply that it was meant to be more prominent and then they changed their minds.
I haven't seen any of that art and I can't find it, I'd love to see it!