New "Remastered Box Set" Information

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sasuke_Chidori
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sasuke_Chidori » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:10 am

I get it now, thanks a lot. I guess it's time for me to go out and buy a new progressive scan DVD player for my new High-Definition Television. :cry:(I had one at one point, however, it does not work that well anymore.)

I have one more question. Was it confirmed that you can use the Japanese voices with the Dub Music? If so, I'd find myself switching between the two quite often.
PLAY B3YOND.

SatoSky
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SatoSky » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:18 am

Sasuke_Chidori wrote:I have one more question. Was it confirmed that you can use the Japanese voices with the Dub Music? If so, I'd find myself switching between the two quite often.
Uh no. That option was never really mentioned, and I honestly doubt that FUNimation could pull something like that off.

P.S. - Brad Redfield rocks!

nathantheguitarist
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nathantheguitarist » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:23 am

They've confirmed only 3 seperate audio tracks for the sets.

English with the ORIGINAL JAPANESE music in 5.1 Surround
English with the DUB music in 2.0 Stereo
Japanese with the ORIGINAL music in 2.0 Stereo (with english subtitles ofcourse)
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Sebastian (SB)
Advanced Regular

Post by Sebastian (SB) » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:49 am

You guys are so easily convinced.....*looks at the CD Universe price* :shock: ....So am I.
XBL Gamertag: Dragon Piece
Send me a message letting me know who you are
[quote="penguintruth"]In the case of the Mountain Dew, the DBZ dub is like drinking Mountain Dew and thinking, "I sure do love Coca Cola!"[/quote]

G1Ravage
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by G1Ravage » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:09 am

nathantheguitarist wrote:They've confirmed only 3 seperate audio tracks for the sets.

English with the ORIGINAL JAPANESE music in 5.1 Surround
English with the DUB music in 2.0 Stereo
Japanese with the ORIGINAL music in 2.0 Stereo (with english subtitles ofcourse)
Oh, so it's been confirmed that the Japanese audio will be in stereo now?

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:11 am

Yeah, but it will most likely be the mono just badly mixed into stereo, but I suppose it could still be quite better. :lol:
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Tenken
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenken » Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:27 am

To paraphrase BFF:

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:07 am

I don't get it O_o

Casual Matt
Advanced Regular

Post by Casual Matt » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:15 am

nathantheguitarist wrote:Yeah, but it will most likely be the mono just badly mixed into stereo, but I suppose it could still be quite better. :lol:
I'm still intrigued about the Japanese track being in stereo.

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:46 am

I'm still intrigued about the Japanese track being in stereo.
I dont think its possible, I think its just FUNimation being FUNimation again.

MajinVejitaXV
Slut of the Daizenshuu EX Family

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:07 am

The Lecherous Muten Roshi wrote:I'm still intrigued about the Japanese track being in stereo.
Where are people getting that it is in stereo? I never heard them state it, myself.

If they did make it a stereo presentation, however, I'm fairly certain it'd be horrible. They don't have the discrete audio masters, and I honestly don't even think one exists for the series as Toei didn't mix the show into stereo for their DragonBoxes either though I could be wrong.

-Corey

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:42 am

SatoSky wrote:
Tanooki Kuribo wrote:Sorry, I had to...

:lol: Just plain awesomeness!
Technically, it's an overall 8%. And at least these are film masters, if FUNi were cropping their zoomed-in digi-beta masters, that would be a true chop show. Still looking forward, these preorder prices for the sets are like making beer 10 cents a cup at a football game. :twisted:
14 years later

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:49 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:Still looking forward, these preorder prices for the sets are like making beer 10 cents a cup at a football game. :twisted:
Though the beer would be a skunky Milwaukee's Beast ;p

-Corey

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:59 am

Hopefully it turns out to be more of a Keystone Light at the very least.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Mystery Person X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystery Person X » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:10 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:Technically, it's an overall 8%.
The series shots in the latest trailer show more like 15% missing. (This is not counting the extra on the sides as somehow reducing the amount that's missing - the material that's missing and the material that's added are separate.)

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:20 pm

Well, I've made a decision, spurred on by Conan and so on:

I'll buy this set for $20. I'm curious to see actual lossless side-by-side comparisons among other things, and I plan on doing a comprehensive review for you guys. After I'm done with the set, I'll be giving it away via Mike and the podcast if he wants or by myself since I figure someone else can get more value out of it.

Let's see if my predictions come true...

-Corey

Mr.Piccolo

Post by Mr.Piccolo » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:23 pm

I'm planning on buying the boxset, but I want to know where you guys are buying it for so damn cheap. Maybe with the extra money, I'll buy some beer (this thread is making me thirsty). :P
-Rick
[size=92][b][url=http://www.freewebs.com/rickistheboss/][RICKisBOSS][/url] | [/b] [color=green][b][Green Team][/color][/b] [b]|[/b] [b][url=http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=4512][R29 DUB][/url][/b] [b]| [url=http://][DBRPG][/url][/b]
You can call me Rick because I'm not actually Piccolo.
I missed out on all of the DB Movie fun, huh?[quote]Point blank: it's gonna suck if you want it to. Personally, I'm seeing it as a comedy.[/quote][/size]

MajinVejitaXV

Post by MajinVejitaXV » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:25 pm

Mr.Piccolo wrote:I'm planning on buying the boxset, but I want to know where you guys are buying it for so damn cheap. Maybe with the extra money, I'll buy some beer (this thread is making me thirsty). :P
-Rick
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7338343

And now I'm hungry for some steaks marinated in Yuengling... *drool*

-Corey

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:45 pm

Speaking of cropping and all that, doesn't FUNi's 4:3 DVD releases come in a somewhat zoomed-in format to begin with? If such is the case, how zoomed-in are the old FUNi releases compared to the DragonBoxes and how does a zoomed FUNi release compare to their new Widescreen release?
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

dragondyle
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by dragondyle » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:03 pm

Kendamu wrote:Speaking of cropping and all that, doesn't FUNi's 4:3 DVD releases come in a somewhat zoomed-in format to begin with?
Yes, FUNimation did zoomed them in. Don't know how much though, but enough to hide the "glue" damage on the masters. A reason why they are making it widescreen.
You must have faith in who you are.