Lord Slug Toonami beta Version?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TripleRach

Re: Lord Slug Toonami beta Version?

Post by TripleRach » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:37 am

I don't know anything about this apparent tape trading drama, nor do I want to get involved in it, but this entire conversation was completely off-topic and unnecessary.
-Rachel

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:21 am

Romans Empire wrote:I put some footage to show you want I mean about the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul05k8tU-Q8
Does anyone want to know why you were making those sounds in the background?

Nickolaus
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Nickolaus » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:26 am

TheatreStyleKai wrote:
Romans Empire wrote:I put some footage to show you want I mean about the music

Does anyone want to know why you were making those sounds in the background?
I had thought it was the next level of Dragon Ball fandom. Leveling up the breathing patterns before watching rare footage.

TheBigBoy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBigBoy » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:20 am

Romans Empire wrote:So get a load of this! I was digging around an old box of VHS tapes and was re-watching some of my DBZ recordings. I came across Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon, and while binge-watching all of my DBZ episodes I came across the Lord Slug movie and the thing that I noticed was the songs seemed bootlegged than the one I watched on Youtube a few days ago. I looked up the song in the Youtube video and I found out that it is Disturbed by Stupify but in the version on my VHS it doesn't sound the same at all. It has a song that goes like "you know you wanna, you know you wanna!" The weird thing is though on my VHS is that when Lord Slug is transforming into a big version, I can hear the Disturb music in the background for 5 seconds and then it just cuts out and I think this proves its a bootleg because it makes no sense. The Youtube version doesn't stop playing the Disturb music so obviously something is off. Any help is appreciated.

I put some footage to show you want I mean about the music

Love that avatar...all hail The Big Dog

VegetaSSJG

Post by VegetaSSJG » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:58 am

TheBigBoy wrote:
Romans Empire wrote:So get a load of this! I was digging around an old box of VHS tapes and was re-watching some of my DBZ recordings. I came across Yu-gi-oh, Pokemon, and while binge-watching all of my DBZ episodes I came across the Lord Slug movie and the thing that I noticed was the songs seemed bootlegged than the one I watched on Youtube a few days ago. I looked up the song in the Youtube video and I found out that it is Disturbed by Stupify but in the version on my VHS it doesn't sound the same at all. It has a song that goes like "you know you wanna, you know you wanna!" The weird thing is though on my VHS is that when Lord Slug is transforming into a big version, I can hear the Disturb music in the background for 5 seconds and then it just cuts out and I think this proves its a bootleg because it makes no sense. The Youtube version doesn't stop playing the Disturb music so obviously something is off. Any help is appreciated.

I put some footage to show you want I mean about the music

Love that avatar...all hail The Big Dog
R.I.P. Toriyama's dog :(
(I know my profile picture doesn't match my account name, now go away)

My pages-YouTube, Tumblr, DeviantArt, Twitter:
https://elink.io/p/booyacy

Romans Empire

Post by Romans Empire » Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:02 pm

jelleline89 wrote:
Romans Empire wrote:I saw both versions they are the same but one has beta music. I would know this since I own the beta.
Hm... so the music score used throughout the movie is the same on both your recording of the broadcast and on the official home video releases?

If so, then my mistake. I've heard a lot about this movie having a different score on Toonami and Nickelodeon from said users, so I guess that's no longer the case.
They are different cuz I saw both. One is using different music which is the beta and the one on youtube is the normal version. What kinda score did this movie get compared to the normal one?
DBZ is my childhood. I have recordings from the good ole Toonami days. I treasure them dearly.

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:25 pm

tried watching the video, but all I could hear was heavy breathing and other crap going on in the background.

Romans Empire

Post by Romans Empire » Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:31 pm

LordCrumb wrote:tried watching the video, but all I could hear was heavy breathing and other crap going on in the background.
Sorry I watch multiple shows at once and I got trouble breathing sometimes. But the part where goku turns in false goku really excites me. It is my favorite part.
DBZ is my childhood. I have recordings from the good ole Toonami days. I treasure them dearly.

TheBalishChannel
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBalishChannel » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:19 am

jelleline89 wrote:So please, do not share the entirety of that movie with other users here. Not only is it not allowed, but the last thing we need is even more drama fro the two users in question.
Considering that I am one of the people in question, I suppose I ought to clear my name because clearly if it has been over a year, and people are still holding onto the idea that somebody like me would not only intercept a shipment containing tapes of a popular cartoon show, but then proceed to film myself smashing them with a hammer and promptly upload said film to YouTube, something needs to change. The actual events that took place are as follows: I contacted a user on Kanzenshuu for her tapes to which she had very graciously obliged to lend me them so long as I digitize them and send them back. Essentially my goal was to remaster the original dub that aired on Toonami as faithfully as possible. The following steps were taken to make it as accurate to the original version:

• Clean up the unreleased portions of the audio found on the tapes (remove hiss, crackling, and humming noises with a program called "IZOtope")
• Capture audio off of the officially released edited VHS tapes and patch the differentiating lines into the uncut audio tracks found on the original Dragon Ball Z DVD Singles released by FUNimation from 1999-2005.
• Sync it all up to the footage found on the Dragon Ball Z DVD Singles released by FUNimation from 2000-2005.
• Re-paint all of the little visual edits found in the edited/TV versions
• Distribute the files on a separate forum for people to download and enjoy

This is what a finished episode looked like in my editing program when all was said and done:
If I were to have actually smashed those tapes, why would I feel comfortable with continuing to be active on these forums knowing that the person whose "entire collection got destroyed" is still active on these forums as well?

It is true that to this day I still have not shared any of the digital files with anyone outside of "Episode 54: Ginyu Assault," but after spending over a week learning the software required to fix up the audio, and spending countless hours of my life remastering the episode with little to no help from anyone else, only to be harassed and to have death threats/wishes made upon me by the same people who were expecting to download the files, of course I'll refuse to share them. I'd imagine you wouldn't want to share a bologna sandwich with someone who had just stolen your lunch money. To accuse me of doing such a thing purely out of malice just shows how completely uninformed you are, regardless of whether or not I actually had smashed the tapes like the video implied.

Aside from all that, none of this "drama" you're talking about ever took place on these forums in any meaningful quantity. If any discussion pertaining to the subject did occur than they were very brief and instigated by other users to which I had swiftly brought to PM in order to avoid conflict with the moderators.

I have a relatively large following over on my Twitch stream, and none of my viewers perceive me as someone who acts out of malice and greed. In fact, a big pull-in for my streams is the fact that I often do random prize giveaways, whether it's amiibo, Game Gift Cards, etc. So accusing me of being "greedy" is completely untrue.

I've helped to contribute a lot to the Dragon Ball Z community as a whole. I like to present myself as knowledgeable, and respectful; I didn't come into this thread wishing to stir up any drama but at this point, it's getting a bit ridiculous seeing users like you repeatedly bring up an issue that you weren't even directly involved in. I've already spoken with the person who had originally lent me the tapes and after explaining the situation she seemed to be perfectly okay with it.

I apologize to the staff of Kanzenshuu, as well as the users, for having to put up with this at all. I'm not really sure how to approach these kinds of petty arguments at this point because I've reported plenty of posts in the past that make reference to the subject.

jelleline89
Beyond Newbie

Post by jelleline89 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:04 am

TheBalishChannel wrote:...people are still holding onto the idea that somebody like me would not only intercept a shipment containing tapes of a popular cartoon show, but then proceed to film myself smashing them with a hammer and promptly upload said film to YouTube, something needs to change.
Here's the video for anyone out of the loop, and specifically, the scene where actual tapes are shown to be smashed.

https://youtu.be/lKyzxAsGbVI?t=20m10s
TheBalishChannel wrote:If I were to have actually smashed those tapes, why would I feel comfortable with continuing to be active on these forums knowing that the person whose "entire collection got destroyed" is still active on these forums as well?
From the video where you record yourself smashing the tapes, you make it painfully clear they are the actual tapes. Here a few screencaps from said scene:

You even say "And just to make sure that he (Arian) can't get a hold of these tapes once I'm done digitizing them..." and proceed to smash the tapes with a hammer with music that would befit a victorious scene (Which this is far from). So right away, you're lying. Either you smashed the tapes or you didn't. You make no suggestion in the video that they weren't the real McCoy, and I have a real hard time believing you went through the trouble of acquiring blank DVDs from seemingly different manufacturers and apply labels to them as well just to smash them. So give us a straight answer now, are they smashed or not? The video strongly suggests they are, but here you are now suggesting they aren't. Already you're showing that you can't be trusted if you can't even get those facts straight.

And should the video be accurate and you actually did smash them (Which I' pretty sure you did), why was it your call to smash them? You make it clear the other user wanted their tapes back after you were done with them, so what right did you have to smash something you were only supposed to temporarily borrow? Was the thought of someone else borrowing the tapes after you so troubling that you had to destroy the tapes? It's one thing if you wanted to preserve your remaster of the recordings and keep them for yourself, but the original recordings are a different matter. Unless you can show me actual proof the rightful owner of those tapes gave you full permission to smash the tapes, what you did was uncalled for and a selfish act of greed.

Sure, Arian was being a dick, but be honest, what you did wasn't the right thing to do. You didn't want the original owner of the tapes lending the out to Arian, so when you smash the tapes to ensure Arian can't get them, you're doing this because you think you can make that call instead of said owner. It's not like Arian was going to steal them, his only option was getting them from the owner after you were done. And in my opinion, that is certainly not your call. Your remastered encodes are one thing, but the original recordings are another story. Let the original owner do as they wish with it.
TheBalishChannel wrote:It is true that to this day I still have not shared any of the digital files with anyone outside of "Episode 54: Ginyu Assault," but after spending over a week learning the software required to fix up the audio, and spending countless hours of my life remastering the episode with little to no help from anyone else, only to be harassed and to have death threats/wishes made upon me by the same people who were expecting to download the files, of course I'll refuse to share them. I'd imagine you wouldn't want to share a bologna sandwich with someone who had just stolen your lunch money. To accuse me of doing such a thing purely out of malice just shows how completely uninformed you are, regardless of whether or not I actually had smashed the tapes like the video implied.
If your remastered encodes are that important, keep them for yourself. I think it's pretty clear the issue here is what you did to the original source, not the product you made from said source. The fact that you had to destroy the tapes suggests you knew all that "hard work" you put into the encodes could just as easily be replicated by another individual with the same know-how from said website. You can ham it up all you want, no one forced you to spend countless hours of your life remastering a single episode. You chose to do it, so that's on you. It's perfectly fine you don't want to share them, but it was uncalled for to destroy the source another person could have used.
TheBalishChannel wrote:I have a relatively large following over on my Twitch stream, and none of my viewers perceive me as someone who acts out of malice and greed. In fact, a big pull-in for my streams is the fact that I often do random prize giveaways, whether it's amiibo, Game Gift Cards, etc. So accusing me of being "greedy" is completely untrue.
Nice little plug you decided to share with us. Pretty sure you can't advertise your Twitch account like that here, 99% sure there's a rule or two against advertising like that here.

You weren't even modest about it since you edited your Twitch banner accordingly to welcome Kanzenshuu users from the Lord Slug thread.

I'd recommend removing the Twitch link since we are neither interested in it nor does your Twitch account hold any relevance to the discussion at hand. How large your Twitch following is or how said followers perceive you hardly matters here. The issue still stands, and it's pretty feeble of you to fall back on your Twitch cult and plug it here for absolutely no reason. You're not Mother Theresa, so don't expect a change of opinion towards you just because a group of people who we don't even know hold you in high regard. Lots of people on Twitch do giveaways and have large followings of crazy fanboys, so what makes you so special?
TheBalishChannel wrote:I've helped to contribute a lot to the Dragon Ball Z community as a whole. I like to present myself as knowledgeable, and respectful; I didn't come into this thread wishing to stir up any drama but at this point, it's getting a bit ridiculous seeing users like you repeatedly bring up an issue that you weren't even directly involved in. I've already spoken with the person who had originally lent me the tapes and after explaining the situation she seemed to be perfectly okay with it.
You decided to make this issue public on YouTube, so people are sure as hell going to be cautious lending you anything. I don't think I'd want to lend you something rare after you did to someone else's tapes to ensure no one else could have it. As for that user, they have yet to comment on the matter. From everything I've seen and read, that user expected the tapes back after you were done with them. So unless I hear it from them directly they were alerted beforehand you would smash the tapes and they gave you the green light, there is very good reason this is still a topic of discussion. Sure, you might have contributed here before, but the issue still stands.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:23 am

Between the heavy breathing in the first video and the smashing of tapes with the Gohan theme in the background, I feel like dying of laughter :lol: I understand the issue is serious if true, but the way it's presented is just so absurd :lol:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:39 am

I thought it might be alright to leave the original destroyed tape conversation intact with a simple warning, partly because it felt wrong to delete accusations of wrongdoing. I don't want to risk taking sides or hiding evidence or anything like that. That's not to say that we're okay with people possibly scamming each other. But we're not eBay. We don't have the time or resources to police sales, trades, or other interactions that happen beyond this forum.

I also thought it might be alright to allow TheBalishChannel a single post to defend himself for the sake of neutrality. People could decide for themselves who they want to believe in the future. I apparently should have responded to say as much, because I didn't expect the issue to resume like this after it was seemingly over.

jelleline89, I really want to believe that you mean well here. But you disrupted the thread to discuss the reputations of other forum members without any real provocation. You could have simply sent Romans Empire a PM with your concerns and let this thread stay on topic.

I don't know what may have happened with these tapes. I would love it if everyone in the Kanzenshuu community could get along and have a good time, but we can't moderate what you do off the forum.
-Rachel