New "Remastered Box Set" Information

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:09 am

What was intended by the manga that it didn't express?
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Eclipse
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Eclipse » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:14 am

mAcChaos wrote:What was intended by the manga that it didn't express?
Transformation, for example. I don't remember Goku doing that whole 'eyes bursting out and screaming' thing in the manga.

I do have a question though. I realize there's a good amount of episodes already released on the UUEs. And this season set is to have 39 episodes. How many unreleased episodes is that?

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:31 am

Eclipse wrote:I do have a question though. I realize there's a good amount of episodes already released on the UUEs. And this season set is to have 39 episodes. How many unreleased episodes is that?
Since they have released 9 UUE DVDs with 3 episodes each, that would be 27 episodes, so twelve unreleased episodes, unless you're counting the Namek Saga, then I have no idea.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:32 am

Eclipse wrote:
Transformation, for example. I don't remember Goku doing that whole 'eyes bursting out and screaming' thing in the manga.
That's pretty much the case with every transformation or powerup scene of significance in the Anime. Sometimes it's cool, but it's never quite what was intended. I get over it, but seeing Budokai 1 get it right was fricken cool beyond reason.

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:37 am

I mean it more as in viewable area from panel to panel in comparison to the anime version in 4:3. The 4:3 version doesn't exactly convey everything exactly the same. Some stuff is more zoomed in or zoomed out when comparing the same part of the story in anime form and manga form. In the 4:3 version, despite the differences, I still like how it turned out in comparison to the manga.

If in a 16:9 it still conveys what I see in the manga accurately enough (in terms of viewable area) then I'll have no problem with these sets.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:49 am

Ex-Dubbie369 wrote:
Eclipse wrote:I do have a question though. I realize there's a good amount of episodes already released on the UUEs. And this season set is to have 39 episodes. How many unreleased episodes is that?
Since they have released 9 UUE DVDs with 3 episodes each, that would be 27 episodes, so twelve unreleased episodes, unless you're counting the Namek Saga, then I have no idea.
A little something I find ironic is that the UUE "starter-sets" that were released (the second of the two obviously only having two DVDs to contain) are both at least $36 at Amazon (seems to be as expensive as that can be). For 3 episodes. Compare that to getting 39 episodes for only $50 maximum, my goodness. Ladies and gents... >_>;;
14 years later

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:17 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:
Booklet includes... a Dragon
Ball Z timeline.
Man... this should be interesting.
Hopefully they put some effort into this booklet and not use the information from the official site. Maybe they can get english VA interviews (I doubt they are gonna wanna translate the japanese VA interviews...) and lineart to add? Or how about the original airdates for the series in Japan and US? Of course, I can't expect that much. :P

Anyone find out what kind of case these sets are coming in? Booklet-case, thin-pack, what?

nathantheguitarist

Post by nathantheguitarist » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:10 pm

It was already stated somewhere that it was going to be a "fat-pack"

like this thingy

But I don't know if it's certain or not, I forget things ;)
Can't you see? He's the man. Let me hear you applaud. He's more than a man! He's a shiny golden god!

Brad Redfield
Regular

Post by Brad Redfield » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:36 pm

Hmmm. That must be one damn fat case to hold six DVDs. :lol:
Last edited by Brad Redfield on Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mystery Person X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystery Person X » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:40 pm

nathantheguitarist wrote:It was already stated somewhere that it was going to be a "fat-pack"
That was in reference to the Australian release.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:56 pm

Mystery Person X wrote:That was in reference to the Australian release.
Indeed. What it looks like FUNi may be doing is packaging the discs in those slim-cases you'd find in shows like Charmed or Superboy. If that's the case, it'll certainly be a nice touch for shelf space. I know that's what they did with the Broly set.
14 years later

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:02 pm

I would've like the fold-out type seen with the DCAU releases such as Justice League and Batman, but that's just me.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:06 pm

bkev wrote:I would've like the fold-out type seen with the DCAU releases such as Justice League and Batman, but that's just me.
It might be like that, we haven't actually seen what the inside of the season 1 box looks like yet. Personally, I despise that style of packaging that WB does. I gotta remove a disc every time to get the one under it, risking dropping one or scratching the other...it just irks me. My poor Lois and Clark sets. :(
14 years later

DaemonCorps

Post by DaemonCorps » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:21 pm

bkev wrote:I would've like the fold-out type seen with the DCAU releases such as Justice League and Batman, but that's just me.
I like those cases, too. They just look nicer to me and practically all the mainstream shows have gotten those kinds of cases. (as I already mentioned a million pages back :P)

EDIT: I finally acted on what a said a few pages back and pre-ordered the set...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:42 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote: Personally, I despise that style of packaging that WB does. I gotta remove a disc every time to get the one under it, risking dropping one or scratching the other. :(
The Batman TAS set doesn't do that.

One example of a good use of that box would be some of the fancier bootlegs. I bought a Dragonball one when I was a young lad of 11, (don't kill me, I didn't know - honest!) and the packaging was pretty good - of course, it's still bootleg so it sucks.

Just for the record, I do NOT condone bootlegging or encourage it. not even for those silly VIZ series (100 for 13 Ranma episodes? give me a break!)

EDIT: here's a shot of the Tenchi OVA box set that shows what kind of packaging I'm talking about: Image

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:48 pm

I would like the cases used for FUNi's Dragonball sets with 2 discs per case. Three cases in one box... that'd be cool, IMO.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Tanooki Kuribo
I Live Here

Post by Tanooki Kuribo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:51 pm

I will hopefully have an answer to what kind of packaging it will be, either this Tuesday or the next. :D

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:57 pm

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I will hopefully have an answer to what kind of packaging it will be, either this Tuesday or the next. :D
:D

Hopefully this Tuesday, I'm dying to know some of this info.

Also, take a screenshot of the 4-way character thing that looks terrible in widescreen! I wanna...see it look terrible in widescreen!

Mystery Person X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystery Person X » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:02 pm

bkev wrote:Just for the record, I do NOT condone bootlegging or encourage it. not even for those silly VIZ series (100 for 13 Ranma episodes? give me a break!)
FWIW, Viz have just started rereleasing the Ranma box sets at the lower price of $50 each, including the OVA box that only has 13 episodes (though most of the others have around 24).

ect5150
Advanced Regular

Post by ect5150 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:20 pm

Mystery Person X wrote:
bkev wrote:Just for the record, I do NOT condone bootlegging or encourage it. not even for those silly VIZ series (100 for 13 Ranma episodes? give me a break!)
FWIW, Viz have just started rereleasing the Ranma box sets at the lower price of $50 each, including the OVA box that only has 13 episodes (though most of the others have around 24).
Really? DBZ, Ranma and Robotech (Macross) and pretty much the only series I keep up with. Thanks for the info (although off topic). Only issue is I need to spend a lot of money now ;)
ect5150
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
DB DBox color corrections & DBox color corrections.