Beta Frieza talker opening video on my tape

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Romans Empire

Beta Frieza talker opening video on my tape

Post by Romans Empire » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:28 pm

A lot of peeps in my Lord Slug thread found the beta video to be pretty popular and now being famous I thought I would share some of the tapes I recorded on TV that are now beta after seeing the same episode on youtube. My episodes are more beta since the talkers are different for the opening.

Here is the footage I took before making the thread so people know what I am talking about. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or post below on what differences you want to be told. I recorded DBZ on tapes all the way up to Great Saiyanman Saga so I have all the betas I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emjnC7E4VAg
DBZ is my childhood. I have recordings from the good ole Toonami days. I treasure them dearly.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Beta Freeza talker opening video on my tape

Post by eledoremassis02 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:32 pm

Romans Empire wrote:A lot of peeps in my Lord Slug thread found the beta video to be pretty popular and now being famous I thought I would share some of the tapes I recorded on TV that are now beta after seeing the same episode on youtube. My episodes are more beta since the talkers are different for the opening.

Here is the footage I took before making the thread so people know what I am talking about. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or post below on what differences you want to be told. I recorded DBZ on tapes all the way up to Great Saiyanman Saga so I have all the betas I think.

Is it the old Narrator and all the edited. It would be great to see the edits again as thats how I first saw the show

Romans Empire

Post by Romans Empire » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:36 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:
Romans Empire wrote:A lot of peeps in my Lord Slug thread found the beta video to be pretty popular and now being famous I thought I would share some of the tapes I recorded on TV that are now beta after seeing the same episode on youtube. My episodes are more beta since the talkers are different for the opening.

Is it the old Narrator and all the edited. It would be great to see the edits again as thats how I first saw the show
I think its the one that is the beta version because I got this off TV when it aired. I got all of them.
DBZ is my childhood. I have recordings from the good ole Toonami days. I treasure them dearly.

TheBalishChannel
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheBalishChannel » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:23 pm

Please excuse me if I'm coming off as rude but why do you insist on calling them "beta versions?" Did you record them on Betamax videocassette tapes or are you just slightly misinformed on what you have?

Romans Empire

Post by Romans Empire » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:25 pm

TheBalishChannel wrote:Please excuse me if I'm coming off as rude but why do you insist on calling them "beta versions?" Did you record them on Betamax videocassette tapes or are you just slightly misinformed on what you have?
If you listen closely you can notice that the voices are beta compared to the youtube versions.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:50 pm

Romans Empire wrote:
TheBalishChannel wrote:Please excuse me if I'm coming off as rude but why do you insist on calling them "beta versions?" Did you record them on Betamax videocassette tapes or are you just slightly misinformed on what you have?
If you listen closely you can notice that the voices are beta compared to the youtube versions.
"The voices are beta?" What?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Romans Empire

Post by Romans Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:06 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Romans Empire wrote:
"The voices are beta?" What?
Watch the video and you will see the proof.

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:22 am

Romans Empire wrote:Watch the video and you will see the proof.
Explain exactly what you think beta means, and how it applies to your television recordings.

Romans Empire

Post by Romans Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:27 am

TheatreStyleKai wrote:
Explain exactly what you think beta means, and how it applies to your television recordings.
The talker at the beginning is a different voice. Also most of the characters in the show sound differently than the youtube version. I recorded these on tapes when they aired I have all the episodes.

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:14 am

Romans Empire wrote:
TheatreStyleKai wrote:
The talker at the beginning is a different voice. Also most of the characters in the show sound differently than the youtube version. I recorded these on tapes when they aired I have all the episodes.
If I recall the original narrator was Dale Kelly who also voiced Ginyu back then what you mostly see on youtube now is from the remastered version where Kyle Herbert is the narrator and Brice Armstrong is Ginyu
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

Romans Empire

Post by Romans Empire » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:22 am

Naruto6583 wrote: If I recall the original narrator was Dale Kelly who also voiced Ginyu back then what you mostly see on youtube now is from the remastered version where Kyle Herbert is the narrator and Brice Armstrong is Ginyu
Is mine the Dale Kelly versions?

Naruto6583
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Naruto6583 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:24 am

Romans Empire wrote:
Naruto6583 wrote: If I recall the original narrator was Dale Kelly who also voiced Ginyu back then what you mostly see on youtube now is from the remastered version where Kyle Herbert is the narrator and Brice Armstrong is Ginyu
Is mine the Dale Kelly versions?
Yes since like you said its from the original run then its Dale Kelly
PSN SonGoku325
DeviantArt http://narut6228.deviantart.com/

LordCrumb
Advanced Regular

Post by LordCrumb » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:42 am

Can't tell if your trolling people honestly. If you're going to recording something, do it without snotting in the background... not only is it disgusting, but it's louder than the video you are trying to record.

I'll probably get suspended for this, but It also sounds like your masturbating at one point. I don't think i'll be watching another one if you do end up posting more.

TheatreStyleKai
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheatreStyleKai » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:50 am

LordCrumb wrote:I'll probably get suspended for this, but It also sounds like your masturbating at one point. I don't think i'll be watching another one if you do end up posting more.
I'm glad I didn't have to be the first one to say it. :lol:

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:22 am

Why don't you get a video capture card to make clips if you're gonna make clips? Also, what some others say... Keeping quiet while recording might be a good idea...

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:31 am

I'm pretty sure those are all troll posts. "Beta version"? Snorting in the background? I mean, really. At least it's funny :lol:
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

ZodaEX
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZodaEX » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:47 pm

Ah yes, look at the date this poster registered their account. It has to be a troll account.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:33 am

I see what you got is whats known as the Original Funi dub. What you got is original edits, lines, narrator (for some cell episodes) and NEP (which are pretty hard to come by). Take good care of these tapes :D

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:14 pm

How many episodes did you record?

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:16 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:I see what you got is whats known as the Original Funi dub. What you got is original edits, lines, narrator (for some cell episodes) and NEP (which are pretty hard to come by). Take good care of these tapes :D
I didn't recognize it was the 1999 Funi dub until I heard Chris Sabat's Brian Drummond impression around 0:38.