"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:26 pm

LOL, Goku barely passed the test, and Botamo can shoot ki beams from his ears.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:28 pm

Goku says "this could end with just me"? If that's true, I take it he loses the fight due to getting sloppy, like against Frieza and getting knocked out of the ring. That's what I think will happen and holy shit...some of us called it all the way back.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Huh, never would have guessed Botamo's (man getting like five new characters at once is gonna make it take a while for me to get names memorized) ears would look like they do. I think I actually preferred them just being little bear ear nubs like they appeared to be at first.

As far as Hit goes, have we ever had a name pun in the series like his before, based on a sound effect of sorts? Him getting a completely new name theme, mixed with him seeming to get top billing in the new stuff, makes me think there might be something to the theory that he's the strongest on that team.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:34 pm

Chuquita wrote:Anyone else spot what looks like Monoca's parents in the stands? They're sitting together in the frame where the announcer announces Gokû as he steps into the ring.
In the panel where the penguin steps off the stage you can also see what looks like someone of the Freeza race.
God I hope we get a name for that race.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:36 pm

Draconic wrote:Goku says "this could end with just me"? If that's true, I take it he loses the fight due to getting sloppy, like against Freeza and getting knocked out of the ring. That's what I think will happen and holy shit...some of us called it all the way back.
I doubt it, looks like an overall impression based on the strength of his opponent. After Goku warms up, he dominates. We are given the impression he's not even moving, we just see his opponent being thrown around. Fair to say his opponent is much weaker.
Goku's thinking that even if that guy is the weakest, the others would still have a lot of ground to cover, even if they all get progressively stronger.

Although it seems Botamo will power-up.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:37 pm

I like the chemistry between Vegeta and Cabe so far. I wonder what they all talked about. Y'know, besides the obvious "Hey, I'm a Saiyan too".

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:39 pm

I cant believe the buu thing, is like with every chapter they do some fucked up thing to make the story look worse , I hope that at least having goku fight first means he is not gonna be the main hero as always

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:43 pm

LightBing wrote:
Draconic wrote:Goku says "this could end with just me"? If that's true, I take it he loses the fight due to getting sloppy, like against Freeza and getting knocked out of the ring. That's what I think will happen and holy shit...some of us called it all the way back.
I doubt it, looks like an overall impression based on the strength of his opponent. After Goku warms up, he dominates. We are given the impression he's not even moving, we just see his opponent being thrown around. Fair to say his opponent is much weaker.
Goku's thinking that even if that guy is the weakest, the others would still have a lot of ground to cover, even if they all get progressively stronger.

Although it seems Botamo will power-up.
That's why I said he gets sloppy. There's no way Botamo wins this one with a knockout. Hell, it might not be Botamo, but the next guy. I really don't see him any further than that.
Last edited by Draconic on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:44 pm

Doctor. wrote:Image

I like the chemistry between Vegeta and Cabe so far. I wonder what they all talked about. Y'know, besides the obvious "Hey, I'm a Saiyan too".
I'm partly hoping Cabe's either Vegeta's counterpart or his counterpart's son.

I'm probably wrong, but I'll hope until proven wrong anyway.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:50 pm

DI297 wrote:I hope that at least having goku fight first means he is not gonna be the main hero as always
The last main battle he won was against Freeza on Namek so him getting the main win here isn't that bad when you think about it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:53 pm

Buu failing the test was way too predictable. What was even the point of putting him on all the promo posters and making it look like he's gonna be relevant again... Hope there's some surprise in store

Kyabe seems cutesy friendly so far, Tarble 2.0. Not opposed to it, but hope there's much more to this character.

Winnie the Pooh and Robot are very cool so far
Last edited by Basaku on Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:53 pm

Doctor. wrote:Image

I like the chemistry between Vegeta and Cabe so far.
This is the 1st time we see Vegeta getting along with someone isn't it ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:53 pm

Chuquita wrote:Anyone else spot what looks like Monoca's parents in the stands? They're sitting together in the frame where the announcer announces Gokû as he steps into the ring.
Yup.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:55 pm

If I know my Dragonball, the next chapter will involve Botamo transforming and the fight 'starting for real'.

I would have liked to see Buu fight - if not for comic release than anything else. Having him fail the written exam was so predictable it's not even funny - it would have been funnier if he sailed it and Goku failed, and he had to work some way around it.

Overall, a pretty fun chapter - but obviously a lot less water tread than in previous issues. I think that pacing like this would be much more amenable to weekly serialisation than bi-monthly, but I guess that's down to Shueisha.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Frost: If you thought "Hm!? This looks like...!!", then you're absolutely right. This is the emperor of the 6th Universe, hiding something!! Which means, is this his 1st form!?

Cabba/Kyabe/Cabe: There are Saiyajin in the 6th Universe as well. Cabba is one of them!! It seems their battle suit/armor is vastly different from the ones Vegeta and the Saiyajin of the 7th Universe have. So, what is "his" true strength? <- They don't use gender pronouns when talking about Cabba.

Magetta: He has smoke coming out of his head and has something burning in his body!! He seems like a robot but, actually, he's an alien from a species called "Metalman". What techniques does he use!?

Botamo: From Botamo, at first glance, we can see he looks like a bear and is very proud of his strength!! What is currently known about him is that all his body is glossy and hairless!!

Hit: With his cool outfit, which looks like he's wearing a long coat, there's no doubt he's a warrior!! There's a dangerous feel to the name "Hit"...

Monaka: The greatest war potencial of the 7th Universe!? A hero with a name meaning "The Great Ponta (Nipple)". A powerful person that gives Beers-sama a hard time but will we see what he's worth!?

SSJGBGoku
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SSJGBGoku » Mon Jan 18, 2016 12:59 pm

Just read the chapter. So peeps predicted correct about Buu failing the test. Goku also barely passed it. Looking forward to next now and Botamo is opposite of what he looks. He's very fast .

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:01 pm

DI297 wrote:I cant believe the buu thing, is like with every chapter they do some fucked up thing to make the story look worse , I hope that at least having goku fight first means he is not gonna be the main hero as always
Eh, this doesn't surprise me at all. The fact that the written test was even brought up by Vegeta indicated that somebody was going to fail or at least do really poorly. I didn't have my hopes up for Boo fighting, and I'm actually kind of glad that he isn't because I think he's kind of boring. I don't know if they will replace him or who they will replace him with (if he actually failed in the first place and didnt just get a terrible score), but I won't be too disappointed.

Very interesting choice to have Goku go right off the bat. To me this pretty much means that either Vegeta or Monaka will be the one to win this tournament, if U7 wins at all. I don't think Toriyama or even Toei would just let Goku win the whole thing by himself. Sadly this may mean that Piccolo's time in the tournament will be brief, if he gets any. Then again, maybe Goku can at least wear out the opponent he loses to enough to where Piccolo can at least finish him off. Interesting possibilites. Maybe Toriyama has been trolling us this whole time and its actually going to be Gohan who wins the whole thing lol.

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:02 pm

sintzu wrote:
DI297 wrote:I hope that at least having goku fight first means he is not gonna be the main hero as always
The last main battle he won was against Freeza on Namek so him getting the main win here isn't that bad when you think about it.
He killed kid buu and golden frieza

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:04 pm

Really disappointed that Frost is universe 6's emperor and has Freeza's forms too.

phattangent
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by phattangent » Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:05 pm

Wezenheim wrote:Maybe Toriyama has been trolling us this whole time and its actually going to be Gohan who wins the whole thing lol.
This is what I'm thinking as well. I mean, according to the Anime, Gohan has presumably been training with Piccolo since the whole Freeza incident up until this point.
ドラゴンボール超と言うアニメを見ています。あの、日本語が分かりますか?話しましょう!
ザマスに就いて、全王は合体ザマスより大なりです!