Difference between fusion and God ritual

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nex Carnifex
Banned

Difference between fusion and God ritual

Post by Nex Carnifex » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:16 pm

So people say oh the God ritual is just as ass pulley as fusion dance, but the fusion dance while originating from one alien race is just something they discovered and anyone can use it. SSG is apparently exclusive to Saiyans so it clearly isn't just some ordinary magic it's magic that's exclusive to Saiyans but why. Super saiyan and Oozaru could be in their genetics for survival but who ever made it so saiyans could become gods through a weird ritual with strict requierments?

successoroffate
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Difference between fusion and God ritual

Post by successoroffate » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:20 pm

The ritual is only of the ways you can turn SSG. Vegeta has proved that you do not need the ritual to reach SSG as he did it itself.
Big Green: Do whateveryoulike, Ghos
Broly: haha He calls me a goohst, but IMMMD DA DEVVVVAAALLL! RAHAHAHAHA!
-----
Trunks: "Dhe computer selffishy intesnafiy dosuementos."
Android 13: Yum Boy
-----
Vegeta: The Legendary Warrior of SpaZe.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:29 pm

I don't know which is more of an asspull: the circle jerk or becoming a god by doing enough push-ups.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:51 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I don't know which is more of an asspull: the circle jerk or becoming a god by doing enough push-ups.
You just described every other power up to ever exist in Dragon Ball.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Well the fusion actually takes some practice to get right while the ritual is just holding hands in a ritual or not using auras anymore.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:11 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Well the fusion actually takes some practice to get right while the ritual is just holding hands in a ritual or not using auras anymore.
I'm not really sure if the Fusion Dance would qualify as a power up. I mean, neither Goten and Trunks became stronger individually. They just cobbled their strength together for a brief period of time.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:39 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:I don't know which is more of an asspull: the circle jerk or becoming a god by doing enough push-ups.
In Dragon Ball, every ridiculous power-up only pushed them to surpass a current threat within the same saga. Freeza trains for four months and surpasses everyone from the Cell, Buu, and BoG sagas besides Beerus and Whis. Is that honestly the same? When fans complains about Freeza's power-up, they're not blind to the fact that the series has had many ridiculous power-ups. The problem is how astronomically huge it was compared to every other one.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:09 pm

Skar wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
In Dragon Ball, every ridiculous power-up only pushed them to surpass a current threat within the same saga. Freeza trains for four months and surpasses everyone from the Cell, Buu, and BoG sagas besides Beerus and Whis. Is that honestly the same? When fans complains about Freeza's power-up, they're not blind to the fact that the series has had many ridiculous power-ups. The problem is how astronomically huge it was compared to every other one.
Hey, if a random mad scientist can build robots way stronger than Super Saiyans, despite not having any idea what the strength of a Super Saiyan was, I think it's safe to say that Dragon Ball long ago went beyond the limits of bending logic in jumps of power to accommodate the plot and never looked back.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
I wasn't referring to a strength increase. I meant he [Vegeta] literally turned into a god by working out enough. Same guy who couldn't become a SSJ3 in 11 years and had to voluntarily have his mind controlled to reach an upper echelon SSJ2 level that allowed him to become Goku's equal.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:34 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
I wasn't referring to a strength increase. I meant he [Vegeta] literally turned into a god by working out enough. Same guy who couldn't become a SSJ3 in 11 years and had to voluntarily have his mind controlled to reach an upper echelon SSJ2 level that allowed him to become Goku's equal.
Oh yeah. I have to admit that is pretty crazy. But at least they foreshadowed the insane hidden depth of strength that Vegeta had. But I kinda wish they have provided more context.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:37 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Hey, if a random mad scientist can build robots way stronger than Super Saiyans, despite not having any idea what the strength of a Super Saiyan was, I think it's safe to say that Dragon Ball long ago went beyond the limits of bending logic in jumps of power to accommodate the plot and never looked back.
I brought that up in my review of the movie since I hear that rebuttal a lot. I never was a fan of the cyborgs surpassing the Super Saiyans but I still believe Freeza's power-up is even more ridiculous. Dr. Gero was an already experienced scientist who spent decades working on weapons that could kill Goku. It's the same as how Lex Luthor or Tony Stark are considered some of the smartest humans in their respective universes. They are experienced in their field and they use outside resources and technology to develop powerful weapons. Freeza has been the same thing that the other Z fighters have been doing to get stronger which, as far as we know, was to train really hard. The only difference is that he had the most incredible gains in the entire series all within four months. If Toei came out with a new Broly or Bojack movie and had one of them surpassed SSJ God within a few months then would you honestly feel the same way about it?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:21 pm

Skar wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:Hey, if a random mad scientist can build robots way stronger than Super Saiyans, despite not having any idea what the strength of a Super Saiyan was, I think it's safe to say that Dragon Ball long ago went beyond the limits of bending logic in jumps of power to accommodate the plot and never looked back.
I brought that up in my review of the movie since I hear that rebuttal a lot. I never was a fan of the cyborgs surpassing the Super Saiyans but I still believe Freeza's power-up is even more ridiculous. Dr. Gero was an already experienced scientist who spent decades working on weapons that could kill Goku. It's the same as how Lex Luthor or Tony Stark are considered some of the smartest humans in their respective universes. They are experienced in their field and they use outside resources and technology to develop powerful weapons. Freeza has been the same thing that the other Z fighters have been doing to get stronger which, as far as we know, was to train really hard. The only difference is that he had the most incredible gains in the entire series all within four months. If Toei came out with a new Broly or Bojack movie and had one of them surpassed SSJ God within a few months then would you honestly feel the same way about it?
The thing is, Freeza is pretty much a freak of nature. I mean, with the seemingly endless amount of transformations that Freeza could pull out of his ass if he was at disadvantage, I think it was pretty clear that Freeza was a bit of an out of context character in regards to Dragon Ball, as he didn't really abide by its standards, and in a way, created his own rules and limits.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:24 am

Lord Beerus wrote:The thing is, Freeza is pretty much a freak of nature. I mean, with the seemingly endless amount of transformations that Freeza could pull out of his ass if he was at disadvantage, I think it was pretty clear that Freeza was a bit of an out of context character in regards to Dragon Ball, as he didn't really abide by its standards, and in a way, created his own rules and limits.
That same explanation could also apply to Broly. He was also a freak of nature and even stronger than a FPSSJ without any prior training. Toei could also use the same excuse for Bojack and just say he was a freak mutation since nothing implies he ever trained before. I don't think fans would praise these ideas or defend them like they did with Freeza. I go into more detail in the review you should check it out :P.