Games You Want That Will Never Happen

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MostcallmeRay

Re: Games You Want That Will Never Happen

Post by MostcallmeRay » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:24 am

A few things, really:

-A game similar to the Sparking! series. Having a large roster and making the gameplay be more "Dragon Ball Z"-esque with many of the elements from Sparking! METEOR.
-Sparking!/Budokai Tenkaichi HD remake. It should be like the 2011 remake of Sonic CD where you can switch between the US and JPN soundtracks. I would instantly go to Kikuchi's score.
-Dragon Ball Online translated and released for PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, and Steam.
-An actual J-RPG that's turn-based and is similar to Mario & Luigi series where you're able to counter enemies.
-An open world Dragon Ball game. My mind immediately comes to Goku during his world exploration before for 3 years before the 22nd TB.
-Dragon Ball Heroes released worldwide.
-Budokai 4 because why not?

And my absolute favorite..

DRAGON BALL KART: DOUBLE DASH
Last edited by MostcallmeRay on Sat May 07, 2016 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Admittedly not so active around here, but may come around to the forums from time to time.

More often on Twitter or Discord.
Twitter link is in profile.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:28 pm

A spin-off game where the main character is Jaco. Going through space, doing missions, arresting space criminals, etc.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:51 pm

Someone seriously needs to revitalize Attack of the Saiyans and do a sequel. Clearly people liked it and had good reviews from just about every game critic. I loved the fighting system and the sparking combo idea. The fights were intense and the game difficulty forced you to spend time leveling up for the next chapter. Some said this game didn't have "replay value" but I still find myself playing Attack of the Saiyans, even 7 years after initially purchasing it. It's one of those DBZ games I must revisit once or twice every year.

More time passes, and I still pass up buying a multitude of DBZ games ever since Burst Limit on the PS3. Enough of these Tenkaichi-type games. That whole fighting system needs to die. Even when new ideas rise (Battle of Z, or Xenoverse), great ideas but the gameplay ended up really stale. All it took was a couple youtube videos of a little gameplay and I already decided I'm never going to pick these up at a retail store. We're still missing something, I hope they figure out what it is that the fans need soon.
budokaifanatic007 wrote:Budokai 4 With an Updated SBAR engine,online and around 100 characters not including transformations.
Technically Infinite World would be considered a Budokai 4 (well maybe it doesn't have 100 characters but I see it as a Budokai sequel) - this is essentially B3 with an upgraded fighting system that plays much like Burst Limit/Shin Budokai 2 on PSP. Why this was never included in the HD collection is beyond me. This forces me to use my PS2 on a standard definition TV. lol
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:56 pm

Eternal Super Saiyan wrote:Technically Infinite World would be considered a Budokai 4 (well maybe it doesn't have 100 characters but I see it as a Budokai sequel) - this is essentially B3 with an upgraded fighting system that plays much like Burst Limit/Shin Budokai 2 on PSP. Why this was never included in the HD collection is beyond me. This forces me to use my PS2 on a standard definition TV. lol
Wouldn't that make it Budokai 3.5?!

Anyways, it wasn't included because it was the 10th anniversary for the first Budokai and Budokai revolutionized DBZ games. B3 was just added in since Pyramid knew the first game wouldn't sell on it's own.

B2 didn't make it into the HD Collection despite being the second one of the three quintessential Budokai games so a relatively obscure budget title like IW definitely wouldn't make it either.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:09 pm

Besides, who needs the padding of the board game in Budokai 2, and the free movement missions of Infinite World? Just give us straight up fighting and progression with the least they can do to capture the feel of DBZ. With that being said, I would appreciate if sometime in the future, Burst Limit gets re-released with Shin Budokai as a bonus, to gather interest for a Budokai Super ;)

Iberian_Saiyan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Iberian_Saiyan » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:38 pm

A sequel to Attack of the Saiyans is much needed, AotS was an amazing game in my opinion and I'd love more of that! To be honest, I am getting a bit tired of only Dragon Ball Z fighting games. :(

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:30 am

Here are some games I'd like that will never happen (most likely):

1. A full open world Dragon Ball game that covers the entire series
2. An "official" Dragon Ball game for the Sega Dreamcast (best it has is Beats of Rage: Dragon Ball edition)
3. Official English versions of the NES-Saturn games
4. Ultimate Battle 22 with an English dub
5. Ultimate Bout with the current English cast
6. A Dragon Ball game for the Wii U
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:41 am

Iberian_Saiyan wrote:A sequel to Attack of the Saiyans is much needed, AotS was an amazing game in my opinion and I'd love more of that! To be honest, I am getting a bit tired of only Dragon Ball Z fighting games. :(
I'm not even a fan of RPG's / Tactical genre games. I've only liked 2 RPG's since I was a kid, and that was Legend of Dragoon and of course Attack of the Saiyans. Vandal Hearts (1st one, 2 kinda sucked) is the only tactical game I ever liked. Somehow AotS drew my attention. It's the best DS game in my collection.
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Mar 11, 2016 5:39 am

- Legacy of Goku/Buu's Fury remake/reboot for Nintendo 3DS spanning all of DBZ with updated graphics and gameplay.

- Burst Limit 2/Budokai 4 (have an entire thread on this)

- Tenkaichi 3 HD remake with new combosand a new story mode similar to that of BT2, but updated and with better cutscenes, including DBS and its characters.
Characters should look like a mix between Burst Limit and Raging Blast and scenario should look like that of Burst Limit.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Ohms
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ohms » Sun May 01, 2016 1:57 pm

I always wanted a Chrono Trigger styled Dragon Ball game that spanned the entire story from Hunt for the Dragon Balls to Boo. It'd be really cool to have something like that especially considering Toriyama did the art for both.
Youtube reviewing channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/MegaFeeso

I am also an editor for the One Pace fan edit project on AP

I usually go by Feeso, my user name is only Ohms here because I couldn't select Feeso for some reason. haha XD

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Sun May 01, 2016 7:10 pm

I can't be alone in wanting a fully fleshed Dragon Ball RPG that spans across the entire story. Admittedly, it'd be hard to work with and you might need an self-insert character, but I desperately want to be able to alter the course of the story in multiple ways with all of the characters being controlled in different locations in pseudo-real game time and change how and when the game ends dependent of your actions. I'd even entertain an antogonist role mode. Imagine taking control of Gero and having to plan your revenge in the course of predetermined years, using your hindsight to complete your revenge! All of the official RPGs have shades of this, but have never been bold enough to tackle the entire franchise in one game like that.

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon May 02, 2016 3:29 am

• An HD console port of Dragon Ball Heroes, probably with story and versus modes. (most likely for the Nintendo NX)
  • A new console Butoden game using the same graphics as Guilty Gear Xrd, plus in-game transformations.
  • If the previous idea doesn't happen, a sequel to Super Dragon Ball Z. (probably call it Super Dragon Ball Super?)
  • Xenoverse 2 having not just story, versus and tournament modes, but also an MMO quest mode. (also a bigger roster, but that's a given)
  • If a new J-Stars game is made, keep Goku, Vegeta and Frieza, add Vegetto, Piccolo, Ultimate Gohan, Future Trunks, Cell, Kid Buu and Beerus, plus Bulma, Krillin, Tien, Yamcha and Gotenks as assists.
  • Continuing the J-Stars point, add Jaco as a playable character to represent his series, and Neko Majin Z as an assist to represent his series.
  • Weirdest idea: Bird Studios vs Lucky Land Communications game. (It'd probably play like a fusion of Xenoverse's and Eyes of Heaven's gameplay)
  • Bird Studios: Goku, Vegeta, Vegetto, Chi-Chi, Krillin, Piccolo/King Piccolo, Ultimate Gohan, Future Trunks, Gotenks, Android 18/17, Mr. Satan, Frieza, Cell, Kid Buu, Beerus/Champa, Hit, Uub, Arale/Obatchaman, Jaco, Neko Majin Z/Mix/Mike
  • Lucky Land: Jonathan/Michael, Dio, Joseph, Kars, Jotaro, DIO, Josuke, Rohan, Kira/Kosaku/Dr. Kira, Giorno, Diavolo, Jolyne/Irene, Pucci, Johnny, Gyro, Funny/Original Funny, Jousuke/Josefumi, BAOH, BT, Gorgeous Irene
The "/" means characters that share the same slot. (different names, voices and/or appearance, but same moveset)

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Mon May 02, 2016 2:10 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote: Weirdest idea: Bird Studios vs Lucky Land Communications game. (It'd probably play like a fusion of Xenoverse's and Eyes of Heaven's gameplay)

Bird Studios: Goku, Vegeta, Vegetto, Chi-Chi, Krillin, Piccolo/King Piccolo, Ultimate Gohan, Future Trunks, Gotenks, Android 18/17, Mr. Satan, Frieza, Cell, Kid Buu, Beerus/Champa, Hit, Uub, Arale/Obatchaman, Jaco, Neko Majin Z/Mix/Mike
Lucky Land: Jonathan/Michael, Dio, Joseph, Kars, Jotaro, DIO, Josuke, Rohan, Kira/Kosaku/Dr. Kira, Giorno, Diavolo, Jolyne/Irene, Pucci, Johnny, Gyro, Funny/Original Funny, Jousuke/Josefumi, BAOH, BT, Gorgeous Irene
I'm all for it.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

KinguKurimuzon
Beyond Newbie

Post by KinguKurimuzon » Mon May 02, 2016 2:26 pm

A Dragon Ball Classic fighting game in the vein of Super DBZ, only with controls like to the ones from JoJo Heritage for the Future/All Star Battle, and with Launch as a playable character.

Speaking of which, an HD port of Super DBZ with online would be nice.
"Are you trying to impress me with your transformation sequence?" - Mashymre Cello

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:13 pm

Add Botamo to Smash Brothers. If ever there was a character designed for Smash Bros gameplay, it would be him.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Wed May 04, 2016 12:51 am

Wow there are some truly inspiring suggestions in this thread.

I'd echo the idea of a comprehensive DB RPG, spanning from blue-gi, 12-year-old Son Goku, fighting a giant talking fish with his bare hands, to an encounter with Bluma, who joins your party, all the way until Super Saiyan Goku Jr fights Lord Yao over 100 years in the future.

Ideally this would be a classic, top down, 8-to-32-bit JRPG. Minimal colours, cheery chiptune music. Field items and hold items, learn and forget moves, upgrade clothing and grow older, etc. I'm personally a fan of turn based RPG's though I think battles could be in real time, almost like a miniature 1 round fighting game at each encounter. Characters would be fleshed out to the point that you could fight, say, Kid Buu, with a team of Tambourine, Lord Slug, Paragus, Super Saiyan 3 Pan, Oolong with the nyoi-bo, and Gyuu-mao riding the kinto-un.

TenshinFan
Beyond Newbie

Post by TenshinFan » Wed May 04, 2016 1:04 am

Kaboom wrote:I have a very specific disconnected "trilogy" of games I would love to see but will probably never even come close to happening.

The first one covers Dragon Ball, and plays as a more grounded and melee centric fighter game. One-on-one matches play kind of like the current Naruto games or classic Power Stone or what-not, but the game's story mode and combat challenge modes also features "swarm" fights akin to Dynasty Warriors. The game features pretty much every fighter character (including every Budokai finalist) from when Goku met Bulma all the way through teenage Goku versus Piccolo Junior, though probably not all of them will be playable, or only playable in certain modes. There's tons of unlockable alternate costumes. The few DB movies are special scenarios unlocked as the main story progresses, and by beating them you can unlock the movies' characters. Arale is unlockable and ridiculously broken. Some very early DBZ guys like Raditz and Kaio would also be unlockable bonus characters.

The second game covers DBZ with a large roster and Sparking!-style gameplay, but rather than another stupid "Raditz-to-Boo" story mode, the focus is on the movies and specials, and the game is titled "Legacy" or "Untold Stories" or something. Most major series characters would still be playable (like Zarbon and Dodoria because they were in the Bardock special, for instance), but instead of digging to the bottom of the barrel for guys like Appule, we dig to the bottom of the barrel for movie henchmen and such instead. Dudes like Coola's Armored Squad, Garlic Junior and Bojack's crews, and so forth. Easily recognizable characters like Super Saiyan Bardock, Chilled, Broli, Janemba, Beerus, Golden Freeza, and the like can be used on the front cover to really sell the game.

Finally, the GT game. This one centers on large-scale 3-dimensional flying combat. The roster doesn't feature ANY non-flying characters like the Sparking! style games have before, and in fact, the bottom "floor" of some stages may even be damaging hazards (lava, bottomless pits, the cloud layer above Hell, etc). The gameplay would be mixed up in some way as a nod to GT's confusing power hierarchy, like maybe by re-introducing the "power balance" bar from DBZ Legends. The cast of characters would be pretty large, and include never-before-playable guys like Redgic, Mutchi and/or Motchi (a transformation, maybe?), General Rild, and all 7 Shadow Dragons. Some major past DBZ characters would be playable too — Mostly ones who re-appeared in GT (thank you, Super 17 arc... I guess), but a few could be tossed in for fun as well. Like Vegetto, and an obligatory Broli. Or Goku and Vegeta with SSGSS, and include Beerus, Whis, Champa, and so forth too so fans can finally gratify themselves with "Gods Vs GT" match-ups.

Games like these will probably never ever happen, but a man can dream.

Holy crud, just had to say, this is the best one in the thread hands down. Absolutely these games would break DB sales records. Exactly what should come next naturally, after Online, Xenoverse, and Heroes. It's the logical next step.I'd hope the first game would include Uranai Baba's henchmen, Red Ribbon affiliates, and Piccolo Daimao's minions in addition to the Tenkaichi Budokai participants. A movie-based game is absolutely feasable, these guys are firmly entrenched in the DBZ lore and are already popular in the modern fighting games, so instead of re-hashing Freeza's henchmen for the umpteenth time lets see Tapion vs Android 14. As for the GT game, yes a thousand times. GT always gets stuck with the leftovers it feels like (looking at you, Transformation), so it would be a breath of fresh air to see great characters like Rilldo and Majuub given appropriate treatment. Thanks for the post, I really enjoyed it.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Fri May 06, 2016 9:10 am

2.5 D Fighter.
Budokai 3 mechanics.
Character roster is more in depth, each character feeling highly unique and original.
Which would mean much more development time focused on a smaller roster of characters.

Character Roster
Transformations
Story Mode Battle Script