Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Cetra wrote:And what the hell?! Kaolla Suu!
Damn, I knew I recognized that character, just couldn't remember her name and from which series. Been very long since I've read Love Hina :lol:

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:01 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
Cetra wrote:And what the hell?! Kaolla Suu!
Damn, I knew I recognized that character, just couldn't remember her name and from which series. Been very long since I've read Love Hina :lol:
Should be Kaolla. It could also be her sister Amalla, but the cheek "points" are normally Kaolla's.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Marco Polo
I Live Here

Post by Marco Polo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:17 pm

Fionordequester wrote:Hey uh, guys? Guys? You ok? You uh...aren't really looking so good...

Mega Man EXE in the 3rd panel 8) Didn't know a robot needed to eat :lol:

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:14 pm

"Ma-Man Butter" has a nice ring to it.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been blatantly inspired by Akira Toriyama's manga.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:22 pm

lol I just find it funny Lord Beerus ate one of the Vargas. Wonder if it tasted like chicken?

...what they look delicious. :b

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:23 am

"I've won a contest to be in the public."

Well, that's definitely one of the more peculiar lines I've read in Dragon Ball Multiverse. Not that I mind these kinds of translation oddities - I honestly find them more amusing rather than distracting. After all these years, it wouldn't be the same comic without them.

I still get a chuckle from Kakarot's "Ah! Ah! Ah!" laugh from Chapter 27.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:39 am

Makes me wonder why Lord Beerus didn't just go up to the Saiyans and ask them. Granted he'd get the same answer, but it would funny for security to actually try and stop him. lol

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:05 pm

Well... The next fight might be more interesting than I expected...

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:26 pm

rereboy wrote:Well... The next fight might be more interesting than I expected...
Please, refrain from doing this to me. I would so love to discuss the new pages but anything we say here will be a spoiler so such baiting is horrible for other people who also have admin access to future DBM pages.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:22 pm

I just like to point out, from time to time, when I find something interesting so that others can be a little more curious about coming pages when they come out, if they are interested.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:23 am

rereboy wrote:I just like to point out, from time to time, when I find something interesting so that others can be a little more curious about coming pages when they come out, if they are interested.
I know, I know but especially here I have felt it as cruel towards myself...

AquaTeamV3

Post by AquaTeamV3 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:57 pm

An hour of what now? I'm sure it's a translation thing but still :lol:

Also, SSJ2 U13 Vegeta killed Cold in a single shot, I don't see him faring any better against Bra.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:29 pm

AquaTeamV3 wrote:Image

Also, SSJ2 U13 Vegeta killed Cold in a single shot, I don't see him faring any better against Bra.
Unless Buu somehow helped him get Golden Cold form...I doubt it, but you never know.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

xJeffx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by xJeffx » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:32 pm

Buu managed to make a fight between Freeza and Goku look interesting. So I'm curious to see what this fight would be like.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:34 pm

Mewzard wrote:
AquaTeamV3 wrote:

Unless Buu somehow helped him get Golden Cold form...I doubt it, but you never know.
Nope.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:11 pm

Must... contain... inappropriate laughter...

I guess the translator was only aware of the less obscene definition of orgy - excessive indulgence in a specific activity, rather than a wild party full of unrestrained drinking and sex. At least I hope so!
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:35 pm

Words have more than one meaning.

Definition of orgy
: a wild party and especially one in which many people have sex together
: something that is done too much and in a wild way

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/orgy

The original french page also uses the term.

CaBrPi
Advanced Regular

Post by CaBrPi » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:30 pm

Yeah, I mean, if you want to get technical, but the textbook definition rarely identifies the proper usage of a word with accuracy. "Intercourse" can refer to discourse between people, but nobody uses it in that way.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:29 am

CaBrPi wrote:Yeah, I mean, if you want to get technical, but the textbook definition rarely identifies the proper usage of a word with accuracy. "Intercourse" can refer to discourse between people, but nobody uses it in that way.
All the uses of the term that are recognized are "proper" uses. There's only uses that people might be more used to hearing, and, honestly, if people always limited themselves to the uses of language that are more frequently used by common people, the quality of language would take a nose dive.

If you think that they are wrong or not proper, you might want to tell that to the authors and books that use terms like that outside of their sexual meaning.

Heck, salagir might even have used the term in particular to give the more perverted of his audience a laugh due to it's multiple meanings.

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:51 am

Or it could just be an odd translation choice. I have a feeling that "orgy" wasn't exactly what they had in mind.

.....but it still gave me a good laugh.