DragonBall Z Abridged

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TripleRach

Re: DragonBall Z Abridged

Post by TripleRach » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:26 am

RealtreeByGod wrote:I'm just saying, it's pretty stupid to get butthurt over a word that was last used in anger 70 years ago.
Just want to say that isn't completely true. I'm not quite that old, but I've heard people complain about "the Japs" irregularly throughout my life, even into the 21st Century. And I mean real life people, not just "comedy" internet racism (though I do see that too). In some cases they'd also conflate it with other Asian countries like Vietnam or China.

It's mostly older people who still speak that way, but not always WW2 old. The fact that it's still out there at all is enough to potentially pass it down to younger people, including the internet kids who use it for "comedy."
-Rachel

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:46 pm

The term "jap" is just short for Japanese. Honestly, any word can be spoken with hate and prejudice. People can literally say "the japanese" and say it with the most amount of prejudice that they can gather.

I think that there's a difference between actual words that were used specifically as prejudice, and words that can be used as such but that aren't irrevocably linked to that prejudice.

In any case, since we never know who we are going to offend, best to avoid it...

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:53 pm

rereboy wrote:The term "jap" is just short for Japanese. Honestly, any word can be spoken with hate and prejudice. People can literally say "the japanese" and say it with the most amount of prejudice that they can gather.

I think that there's a difference between actual words that were used specifically as prejudice, and words that can be used as such but that aren't irrevocably linked to that prejudice.

In any case, since we never know who we are going to offend, best to avoid it...
It was just that, but this little thing called World War II changed some things.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:05 pm

I'm aware of that... I'm also aware that it was 70 years ago and that the term is just a diminutive of japanese, not a term created just for prejudice.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:09 pm

In other news, new breakdown love these videos, very interesting.
NVM ignore this.
Last edited by Soppa Saia People on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:05 am, edited 7 times in total.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Rob
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rob » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:36 am

That link sent me to Youtube's front page. Here's the direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fKYbwua3Vo

Also... it just dawned on me... episode 52... is named "Flashpoint".

52. Flashpoint. As in the DC storyline that led into the "New 52" reboot.

SON OF A BITCH.

Bansho64
I Live Here

Post by Bansho64 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:49 am

Rob wrote:That link sent me to Youtube's front page. Here's the direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fKYbwua3Vo

SON OF A BITCH.
Holy shit I just got that. Kaiser you are one brilliant son of a gun.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:06 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
Rob wrote:That link sent me to Youtube's front page. Here's the direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fKYbwua3Vo

SON OF A BITCH.
Holy shit I just got that. Kaiser you are one brilliant son of a gun.
And the title ties into DBZ so well since its the episode with the Final Flash :) but you guys are late to the party... Back when the episode came out I asked Kaiser at what point did they realize that lined up so perfectly, or if they had planned it out ahead of time. Which reminds me, I never did get a answer :cry:

Rob
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rob » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:58 pm

soppa saia people wrote:In other news, new breakdown love these videos, very interesting.
NVM ignore this.
Still redirecting me to the main page. Seems YT mobile links don't play well with desktop web browsers.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:04 pm

Rob wrote:
soppa saia people wrote:In other news, new breakdown love these videos, very interesting.
NVM ignore this.
Still redirecting me to the main page. Seems YT mobile links don't play well with desktop web browsers.
Yeah, cause it worked on my phone and Kindle, but not my Mac.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:11 pm

Man I was really hoping that broly movie was true and then it turned out to be digimon.. Legit sad but at the same time.. Fucking great april fool's joke.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:07 am

Jackal puFF wrote:Man I was really hoping that broly movie was true and then it turned out to be digimon.. Legit sad but at the same time.. Fucking great april fool's joke.
It seemed obvious to me that it wasn't true for 3 reasons:

1. It was April Fool's Day
2. The video was only 10 minutes long, much shorter than even the Abridged movie would be
3. On the Teamfourstar site, their counter was still measuring their progress on World's Strongest Abridged, and there's no way they would try to make 2 movies at once
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:55 pm

I'm a bit behind here, but holy crap the Abridgimon movie was great. :lol: I've only ever watched the first Abridgimon episode before that I think, and didn't really care much for it at the time, but maybe I need to re-visit it and check out the other episodes that might have been done since.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:46 pm

There are no other episodes. It never got past the first.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:54 pm

Puto wrote:There are no other episodes. It never got past the first.

Episode 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTHEo6990Nk

And what do you know, this is also an April's Fool's Episode. 2013.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:02 pm

I was just about to say 'I know there's at least two cuz I've seen the second one listed on Youtube'. :P Is it just that one, or is there a third as well?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:41 pm

When I watched the recent episode of DBS, I was reminded of the scene with Jeice pointing out that Burter wasn't really the fastest in the universe.
Goku: I've learned your secret. You can freeze time 0.1 seconds.
Hit: Yes that makes me the fastest in the universe!
Goku: Hmm well I was told about a guy who can freeze time for even longer! So technically...
Hit: No! I'm not slower than f**** Guldo!

Of course Hit wouldn't know who Guldo is since it's a different universe but I was hoping Vegeta would bring him up.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:52 pm

Skar wrote:When I watched the recent episode of DBS, I was reminded of the scene with Jeice pointing out that Burter wasn't really the fastest in the universe.
Goku: I've learned your secret. You can freeze time 0.1 seconds.
Hit: Yes that makes me the fastest in the universe!
Goku: Hmm well I was told about a guy who can freeze time for even longer! So technically...
Hit: No! I'm not slower than f**** Guldo!

Of course Hit wouldn't know who Guldo is since it's a different universe but I was hoping Vegeta would bring him up.
I thought you were going to say they would do the gag where Jeice keeps getting punched in the face, except with Vegeta and Hit.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:35 am

On a similar note, I think it would be interesting if Vegeta got the idea of throwing dog treats at Guldo & #15 from Beerus doing it to him when he was a child...

gotta love those Cerebus Retcons :lol:
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:36 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Ve7PhwkP0

So...um....I'm afraid to find out what the hell cake farting is. Either it's what it sounds like, and is only a nightmare to Goku for wasting food, or it's something much worse that I don't want to google search.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!