Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Faustus
Beyond Newbie

Re: Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Post by Faustus » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:42 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:Bra should actually be around ssj2 buu saga tire in strength depending on how Salagir's tire works.
ssj2 buu saga tire

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:24 pm

Alright, now we just need him to get that hair dye....

I'm really guessing he fights defensively and tries to anger her but some hair dye would be funny.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:46 pm

Dragon Ball Super made me appreciate this series a lot more.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:59 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Dragon Ball Super made me appreciate this series a lot more.
How? Is it because for not being "consistent"/following the set in stone logical rules about power levels?
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:01 am

Super may have its problems in the animation department, but I would say its story is far more interesting than what Multiverse has given us thus far.

That said, the comic is enjoyable for what it is.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:56 am

Mewzard wrote:
Super may have its problems in the animation department, but I would say its story is far more interesting than what Multiverse has given us thus far.

That said, the comic is enjoyable for what it is.
Beerus is interesting. The giant Dragon Balls seem interesting. And some other stuff too. The story itself, so far, not really. In short, some characters and some elements in super are interesting, but the story not so much.

Beerus' story was about the SSJG, which means that the story boils down to strong guy comes to Earth because he heard about strong guy and they fight. The rest of what the arc has to offer is basically all provided by the character of Beerus. Regarding Freeza, the story is old enemy comes back stronger and gets beaten, which is basically a rehash of Mecha Freeza with more development and a new, not all that explained, form of SSJ and an attempt to give moral/fighting lessons to Goku and Vegeta that honestly they didn't seem to need until now. And the current part of Super is basically the story of DBM with less characters (and less scale) together with the previous elements from the other arcs and with no alternative versions of characters.

Of course, DBM's story is not all that great either. It's basically just a tournament, with several plot threads going on about the various characters. However, DBM is a fan-manga while Super is not, and despite its shortcomings, imo, DBM manages to be more enjoyable than Super a great deal of the time.

It's because Super is official that DBM, which is just fanmade, looks much better. It wouldn't be too hard to make DBM look very bad if the official stuff was really awesome, but, since it's not, that only makes it look like it can somewhat be compared to official stuff without it being embarrassing.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:31 am

Darkron2151 wrote:Why is everyone saying Cold is only #16 tier?
Piccolo said maybe #16. So Cold's 4th form is likely around that level.

She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:03 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Darkron2151 wrote:Why is everyone saying Cold is only #16 tier?
Piccolo said maybe #16. So Cold's 4th form is likely around that level.
I realize that, but this was mentioned while Cold was in a suppressed state of his True Form. Once he powers up to 100%, it's anyone's guess, but it's probably more than #16 tier. And now Cold is adding a new transformation on top of that.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:35 pm

Why do you say it was suppressed?

Darkron2151
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darkron2151 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:43 pm

rereboy wrote:Why do you say it was suppressed?
Because Cold powers up during his fight with Bardock to100% power (bulked up form), so that implies that his True Form during his fight with Videl and the beginning part of his boudt with Bardock was not full power, hence suppressed. Now how much he was suppressing is anyone's guess. He could be at 80-90% normally or at just 20-30%. The point is, he's not at 100% unless there's distinct physical characteristics (like with Freeza). And now Cold has an "augmented" form.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:39 pm

Darkron2151 wrote:
rereboy wrote:Why do you say it was suppressed?
Because Cold powers up during his fight with Bardock to100% power (bulked up form), so that implies that his True Form during his fight with Videl and the beginning part of his boudt with Bardock was not full power, hence suppressed. Now how much he was suppressing is anyone's guess. He could be at 80-90% normally or at just 20-30%. The point is, he's not at 100% unless there's distinct physical characteristics (like with Freeza). And now Cold has an "augmented" form.
Ah, yes, I forgot.

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:19 pm

I must say, my headcanon will always be that Cold was weaker than Freeza, but I can't deny his cool factor in Dragon Ball Multiverse. Can't wait to see what his fifth form looks like!
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

BlazingBarrrager
I Live Here

Post by BlazingBarrrager » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:36 pm

ParkerAL wrote:I must say, my headcanon will always be that Cold was weaker than Freeza, but I can't deny his cool factor in Dragon Ball Multiverse. Can't wait to see what his fifth form looks like!
The manga implied Cold was weaker than Freeza, while the anime did the opposite (though the extent was never shown). Multiverse is basically making him more powerful than he should be. This "fifth form" is more of an asspull to make him even more powerful while taking away Cooler's one unique feature in the process.
Doctor. wrote:Salagir just LOVES making Freeza look like a joke.
Add Cooler to the list because Salagir just took away his one feature that made him more unique among Cold and Freeza aka he made him completely insignificant now.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:08 pm

Cold look so badass, like Super Shredder, or 4th form Freeza, imagined by Kuririn :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:12 pm

Reminds me of one of the builds in Xenoverse's CAC for Freeza's race.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:28 pm

So she says a small chance and then he powers up... I wonder if they are actually close. Though I'm still thinking he tries mind games to make her transform since the last few fights haven't just been straight up pure power vs power.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:57 pm

I knew when I was warned that Cold was going to be using a fifth form that I was going to hate the design, but I still waited to the two pages to see it for myself. I was right. Like the rest of the transformations Salagir has given the race, it's too similar to the other members (though Toriyama did the same thing with Frost), but it also has too much going on for my tastes. Bleck.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:19 pm

I don't like Cold's 5th form. It feels way too much like a fan design and not something real. It's too over done in my opinion.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:54 pm

Looks like Cooler + Overkill.

But I do not get this Cold hype anyway. Cold is totally unappealing to me.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Regarder
Regular

Post by Regarder » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:35 pm

It's kind of what it should be to be honest. Only in the last panel the proportions of the head armor are messed up.