No more word filter!

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Re: No more word filter!

Post by Quebaz » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:21 pm

Zephyr wrote:I am curious. In spite of all of the different language dubs, how many have their own language option in the video games? Because if there's largely only English and Japanese voices/names in the video games, then that greatly stacks the degree to which certain non-original naming conventions permeate the fandom over others. If this is not the case, then the position of "there are so many different languages that the Japanese version has been adapted into, thus they're all equal in how ingrained into the collective fandom they are" holds a lot more weight.
The European versions of the games starting from Budokai have had 5 language options (English, French, German, Italian and Spanish), some of them with all their own dub-isms, some of them simply translating the English script. Ever since Raging Blast, the US/NTSC versions also included Latin American Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese subtitles (which in Xenoverse, the Brazilian subs had some Euro Portuguese dub-isms like "Tartaruga Genial" in there).
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:50 pm

Ah, very interesting. I guess I fall somewhere between Adamant and Gyt, then. On one hand, other languages definitely then had their dubisms reinforced via tertiary material. On the other hand, though, from what you described, it sounds like a less thorough reinforcement of dubisms compared to that of the FUNi dubisms.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:26 pm

Any reason why the word filters was remove? It made it easier for me to write the correct names for characters or attacks if I don't remember them off hand.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:56 pm

I see the forum itself hasn't entirely imploded from their removal after all, so huzzah for that.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)