"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by sintzu » Thu May 12, 2016 10:16 pm

Chuquita wrote:Visiting Planet Sadla would be so much fun. I've almost lost hope that it'll happen though.
They wouldn't have brought it up as much as they did if they weren't going to do something later down the line.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu May 12, 2016 10:24 pm

sintzu wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Visiting Planet Sadla would be so much fun. I've almost lost hope that it'll happen though.
They wouldn't have brought it up as much as they did if they weren't going to do something later down the line.
I hope you're right. I'm worried it'll be forgotten in the wake of this Trunks arc (like we'll have that, then the Omni tournament and that'll be the end).
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu May 12, 2016 10:31 pm

theArcosian wrote:http://i.imgur.com/0dNhvcg.jpg

found this on 2chan (on Super Section) i know that in the Interview/Scan that Daisuke Nishio is saying something about:

アニメ一シヨン凄。『ドラプンポ』シリーズのチーフデイし勹ターを担当。のちに『プリキュア』シリーズの 元

This Anime is One Billion terrible? Responsible for Chifudei to after of "Dorapunpo" series. Later "Pretty Cure" series of the original Script.
And that he is Angry being Fired from toei Animation and thats why he is so "negative" or do i understand it wrong?

So is he saying something on Super Animation or something else?
It's just his profile, with some of the series he directed. At the end it says he left Toei and is now a freelancer. There's no comment about Super.
nato25 wrote:How do you guys want Super to handle Future Trunks timeline after he went back and before this whole black Goku thing happened?

Ideally for me he mentions that he killed Babidi and his minions and so Buu remains dormant. Trunks kept up his training so he is still a strong SSJ2, at least on the level of Vegeta when he fights Goku at Majin level. If they give him SSJ3 I won't mind either I guess.

OR

Babidi is still around because without all the Z warriors there is no where near enough energy on the planet to resurrect Buu. Maybe Gohan mentions he should try and scout out Babidi and put an end to his plans before they get too far.

I'm not saying pick one of those two that's just ideally how I'd like them to handle his backstory. I hope they mention something at least. What about you guys?
It would be interesting but the problem is that, by the time he comes back to give the medicine to Goku, the Boo arc would have already ended in his timeline. The Daizenshuu mentioned Babidi left Earth with Boo's ball because there wasn't that much energy so it's possible he has still to awaken in Trunks' timeline. If they don't revive everyone at the end of Future Trunks arc then he's probably as good as dead because he cant even take Dabra, let alone Boo.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri May 13, 2016 1:47 am

I would imagine they will visit it afterwards. I don't think we see the last of Universe 6.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:06 am

It would be interesting but the problem is that, by the time he comes back to give the medicine to Goku, the Boo arc would have already ended in his timeline. The Daizenshuu mentioned Babidi left Earth with Boo's ball because there wasn't that much energy so it's possible he has still to awaken in Trunks' timeline. If they don't revive everyone at the end of Future Trunks arc then he's probably as good as dead because he cant even take Dabra, let alone Boo.
If you applied the events of the main timeline to Trunks timeline then yes, the Buu arc should have already ended around the time he goes to give the medicine to Goku. However obviously the events of each timeline are different and you bought up the thing about there not being much energy because all the powerful warriors are gone. I didn't know the daizenshuu thing though but that could easily be overwritten now for the main show canon (which would still be ashame I like everything to fit together).

I'd like to think Trunks should be able to take on Dabura by the time he comes around in his own timeline, if he comes around at all. Trunks seems like he would keep training and should be able to surpass a seven years of peace Gohan with minimal training.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri May 13, 2016 2:09 am

Trunks better not go Super Saiyan Blue. Him obtaining that power would just be bad writing.

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Fri May 13, 2016 2:16 am

precita wrote:Trunks better not go Super Saiyan Blue. Him obtaining that power would just be bad writing.
Lol what? It'd be bad writing if he didn't and became a p**** like Gohan.

ChahikoDBZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ChahikoDBZ » Fri May 13, 2016 2:25 am

DragonHermit wrote:
precita wrote:Trunks better not go Super Saiyan Blue. Him obtaining that power would just be bad writing.
Lol what? It'd be bad writing if he didn't and became a p**** like Gohan.
Agreed with DragonHermit. For him to catch up to the levels of Goku and Vegeta once again would make plenty of sense.
(Fanfiction link coming soon.)

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Fri May 13, 2016 2:25 am

Bad writing = If the story doesn't go the way I like it be its bad writing

Bad animation = Still frame

:wtf:
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri May 13, 2016 2:26 am

If Future Trunks is capable of Super Saiyan Blue, shouldn't we at least give the narrative a chance to explain itself before writing it off as terrible literary skill? Talk about rejection before anyone even makes a move! :P

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri May 13, 2016 2:53 am

Toriyama already spoiled him being a Super Saiyajin Blue in those two designs, it's just that everyone focused on the scarf and sweater :wink:

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Fri May 13, 2016 3:14 am

[Deleted Post]
Last edited by Sonicjamareiz on Fri May 13, 2016 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Fri May 13, 2016 3:15 am

I don't know about blue, but it would be kind of a dick move if none of the other characters at least mention the Super Saiyan God ritual to him. Might be a tad tricky to write around that one if Toriyama doesn't want him to get that power up!

Lujin_16
Regular

Post by Lujin_16 » Fri May 13, 2016 8:01 am

Dragonball Super is not like Dragonball Z there are more than 10 fighters who are stronger than goku :wink:

that means he will never surpass them all maybe after 7-8 arcs but not in 3-4 arcs lol You guys are wrong when you think super will end in 2-3 arcs.

Now it seems like akira has idea's and is more interested than back then with Dragonball Z he lost his interest after the frieza saga..

When he gave us the information about Future Trunks and Black Goku he was very happy to tell us that means a lot for the future

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri May 13, 2016 9:17 am

nato25 wrote: Ideally for me he mentions that he killed Babidi and his minions and so Buu remains dormant. Trunks kept up his training so he is still a strong SSJ2, at least on the level of Vegeta when he fights Goku at Majin level. If they give him SSJ3 I won't mind either I guess.
I'd mind. That would be stupid. Only a full Saiyan is supposed to be able to do that. The only reason Gotenks can is because two half Saiyans make a whole Saiyan.
sintzu wrote:
sailorspazz wrote:I really hope future Bulma's okay...unlike our timeline, death is permanent and sad in his time :( )
I wouldn't be surprised if at the end they use the Super Dragon Balls to wish everyone who died in the future back to life.
I REALLY hope not. That would just ruin everything...

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri May 13, 2016 9:23 am

Lujin_16 wrote:Dragonball Super is not like Dragonball Z there are more than 10 fighters who are stronger than goku :wink:

that means he will never surpass them all maybe after 7-8 arcs but not in 3-4 arcs lol You guys are wrong when you think super will end in 2-3 arcs.

Now it seems like akira has idea's and is more interested than back then with Dragonball Z he lost his interest after the frieza saga..

When he gave us the information about Future Trunks and Black Goku he was very happy to tell us that means a lot for the future
He didn't lost interest after the Freeza arc. You not liking that stuff doesn't mean he lost interest. In an interview that was done near the end of Freeza arc, he said that despite all these years spent on Dragon Ball, he doesn't want to end it yet. So that rumour can be put to rest, finally. That shit was getting annoying.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri May 13, 2016 10:39 am

TekTheNinja wrote:I REALLY hope not. That would just ruin everything...
He changed the reason Goku was sent to earth and gave him lovable parents to show that him becoming a good Saiyan would've happened regardless of him hitting his head to make it more kid friendly.

Trunks' story is the most serious and tragic one in the franchise so there's a chance that it'll get fixed with the Super Dragon Balls.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Fri May 13, 2016 10:46 am

sintzu wrote:
TekTheNinja wrote:I REALLY hope not. That would just ruin everything...
He changed the reason Goku was sent to earth and gave him lovable parents to show that him becoming a good Saiyan would've happened regardless of him hitting his head to make it more kid friendly.

Trunks' story is the most serious and tragic one in the franchise so there's a chance that it'll get fixed with the Super Dragon Balls.
Goku's parents actually caring about him doesn't ruin anything. The tragic background of Future Trunks being completely undone would just be stupid.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri May 13, 2016 10:49 am

sintzu wrote:He changed the reason Goku was sent to earth and gave him lovable parents to show that him becoming a good Saiyan would've happened regardless of him hitting his head to make it more kid friendly.
Did we read different version of Dragon Ball Minus? Because that's not what I read. Bardock and Gine cared about each other, and their family, but they weren't "good". Bardock still went out and committed mass genocide without a speck of hesitation, and Gine was completely fine with him doing that.

That doesn't equate to Goku would become the character we know regardless of whether he hit his head or not, it just means he could potentially find a mate he'd care about while he continued to slaughter the rest of Earth's population, just as he tried to do with Gohan the moment he arrived.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri May 13, 2016 11:05 am

I think he will. Future Trunks could have gone SSj Blue in his timeline many years after Cell. Beerus and Whis may visit Earth looking for the SSj God and Bluma was able to make friends with them by giving them food. So Trunks end up training with Whis in his timeline. So that's my theory if Future Trunks does become SSj Blue. It would better than him becoming one out of nowhere with no real reason behind it.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/