"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 22, 2016 12:54 pm

Sonicjamareiz wrote:Don't you guys think its a bit too soon for a new movie? I mean Super is still airing wouldn't that affect the shows quality?
A new movie will affect the quality of Dragon Ball Super. Just like Toei Animation's other ten projects affect its quality.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Detective X
Beyond Newbie

Post by Detective X » Sun May 22, 2016 2:53 pm

It would seem appropriate for a new Dragon Ball movie to be a full-length adaptation of Jaco: The Galactic Patrolman.

Who do I need to throw money at for this to happen?
We Gotta Podcast: https://www.youtube.com/@wegottapod

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 22, 2016 3:05 pm

Detective X wrote:It would seem appropriate for a new Dragon Ball movie to be a full-length adaptation of Jaco: The Galactic Patrolman.

Who do I need to throw money at for this to happen?
Approach Shueisha or Toei Animation with about $900,000 US dollars and they can probably toss together a nice OVA for you.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun May 22, 2016 3:18 pm

An adaptation of Jaco, the Galactic Patrolman is needed. Not only it would show Jaco's background for those who don't even know about his manga (an adaptation for the anime viewers), Tights' appearance wouldn't be just "appears there for a few seconds and never come back".

Also, Dragon Ball Minus needs to be adapted because of Gine, her character obviously isn't much popular, and her only appearance in color is in a 3DS game.
I've come to tear you apart, Sharpshot!

~ Fall of Cybertron ~

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun May 22, 2016 5:20 pm

Grimlock wrote:An adaptation of Jaco, the Galactic Patrolman is needed. Not only it would show Jaco's background for those who don't even know about his manga (an adaptation for the anime viewers), Tights' appearance wouldn't be just "appears there for a few seconds and never come back".

Also, Dragon Ball Minus needs to be adapted because of Gine, her character obviously isn't much popular, and her only appearance in color is in a 3DS game.
I don't think there's enough content from Dragon Ball Minus to turn into a OVA. But hey, miracles have happened. *Looks at Future Trunks special*

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun May 22, 2016 5:31 pm

What they should have done is adapted the Jaco the Galactic Patrolman into a little filler arc in Super, preferably between the Resurrection F and Universe 6 saga's.

They could have had Jaco explaining his story to the others. There was that little flashback but it should have been told in full.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun May 22, 2016 5:51 pm

Jaco The Galactic Patrolman & Dragon Ball Minus would work better as TV Specials, or flashback episodes. We should keep getting brand-new stories from Toriyama in the next theatrical films, and that's what would sell more after all.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Sun May 22, 2016 6:08 pm

yeah I can't imagine a full fledged Jaco movie selling that well anywhere.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun May 22, 2016 6:54 pm

Grimlock wrote:Also, Dragon Ball Minus needs to be adapted because of Gine, her character obviously isn't much popular, and her only appearance in color is in a 3DS game.
Are you kidding? We don't need that kind of travesty! We already have Bardock: The Father Of Goku TV Special for all the matters.
Last edited by Noah on Mon May 23, 2016 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

TomTom

Post by TomTom » Mon May 23, 2016 3:48 am

Preview Dragon Ball Super 45. If you can translate please.

sailorspazz
Advanced Regular

Post by sailorspazz » Mon May 23, 2016 4:16 am

The mysterious super human water's secret is revealed!
The people of Pot-au-feu originally created the super human water for self-defense. Unbeknownst to them, it became sentient and transformed into something dangerous...and now it's coming after Vegeta and co.!!
And Jaco protects Trunks from having his power stolen by the super human water. Saves him in the nick of time using his sweet gun skills (well, okay, they don't actually describe them as "sweet"...but you know they are!)
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon May 23, 2016 4:21 am

Many thanks! :3

So they're not revealing anything about the Gokû vs Copy-Vegeta battle or why Vegeta's disappearing. Makes me more anxious to know about it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TomTom

Post by TomTom » Mon May 23, 2016 4:23 am

Thanks sailorspazz :thumbup:

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Mon May 23, 2016 5:26 am

When do you guys think the new episodes summary will appear (trunks arc)?

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon May 23, 2016 10:16 am

Pannaliciour wrote:When do you guys think the new episodes summary will appear (trunks arc)?
6-9 of June

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Mon May 23, 2016 10:43 am

What about titles
?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon May 23, 2016 10:51 am

kinisking wrote:What about titles?
They're released on the 10th of every month but with this being a new arc we might get something earlier.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon May 23, 2016 11:08 am

The Super Water reminds me of the Symbiote from Spider-man.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon May 23, 2016 11:37 am

Bullza wrote:The Super Water reminds me of the Symbiote from Spider-man.
So Copy Vegeta is gonna be defeated by intense sounds and sonic waves.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon May 23, 2016 11:50 am

Bullza wrote:The Super Water reminds me of the Symbiote from Spider-man.
King Ryuu's previous work was Disk Wars: Avengers, where Venom was an enemy.
She/Her
🍉🏳️‍⚧️