Wiki

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Wiki

Post by Meshack » Sat May 14, 2016 2:13 pm

I know there're problems with the Dragon Ball Wiki and I wanted to fix that. However, on the original Dragon Ball Wiki, I tried to change it and make it become more reliable and easier to find information easier but it seems that cannot happen because of the admin staff there. Their way of running the wiki is making it casual English dub fans and not all hardcore and casual fans. What are some things you want in a Dragon Ball wiki to do or have. I have started a wiki of my own and will consider the suggestions.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Re: Wiki

Post by Anime Kitten » Wed May 25, 2016 4:15 pm

Detailed information, including current ages, and especially proper grammar. Those wikias with their grammar...
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Thu May 26, 2016 2:00 am

We'll have to wait for Kanzenshuu Wiki to open and replace the current abomination.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu May 26, 2016 8:15 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:We'll have to wait for Kanzenshuu Wiki to open and replace the current abomination.
Last thing I heard about the Kanzenshuu wiki was that is was in the beta stage. But I could be wrong about that information.

Adrian Malacoda
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Adrian Malacoda » Thu May 26, 2016 10:52 pm

An acceptable Dragon Ball wiki, to me, focuses firstly on the original manga and then, as a secondary concern, on any adaptations and spinoffs. I like Memory Alpha and Wookieepedia's model of sequestering "canon" from "non-canon" either in a separate namespace or in a separate wiki altogether, although I might be partial to having a separate namespace for each "continuity" (manga being the main obviously, then movies and GT in their own namespaces). Although I'm of the school that "canon" is a fan defined concept and each fan can have their own "canon," here I'd use the commonly accepted fan definition of "manga + Super" because that seems to, well, be the commonly accepted definition. As long as the separation between source material and spinoff is made clear, I don't really mind how.

Secondly, it would focus specifically on the Japanese version of the manga, which is the original version. Of course, we'd need to refer to translations where appropriate, but those are merely translations of the source material. For a naming convention, I'd just stick with Kanzenshuu's. Anything added in or changed by a dub or localization shouldn't be given equal weight to the original, and might not even be mentioned at all except perhaps as a brief mention at the bottom of the page (e.g. "In the original US dub of Dragon Ball Z, Vegeta referred to Goku's father as a scientist..."). I would not try to give the US dub any special treatment simply for being the US dub, however. Same goes for differences between the manga and the anime (e.g. "In the anime adaptation, Cargo was killed by Dodoria, instead of Freeza...").

Thirdly, stringent citation requirements. Every statement should be backed up by a citation to a chapter of the manga, or episode of Super. The DB/DBZ anime isn't a valid primary source except for anime-only events or for differences from the source. I may or may not consider databooks to be reliable resources, I suppose we'd have to establish a consensus there.

Fourthly, not a requirement so much as a preference, but I'm fond of Memory Alpha's in-universe tone.