Most useful ability IRL?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Most useful ability IRL?

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:02 pm

rereboy wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Buu's Candy Beam is basically an excuse to do whatever you want. You'll never want for anything ever again.
That's true but one bullet and you are done for.
I don't regularly get shot at. Or ever, pretty much. Plus it's not like muggings would be a big deal. The Candy Beam has been referred to as a beam of light, so I can just think "turn this guy into a baseball" and then he'll just be neutralized before anyone realizes what's going on. I only have to worry if I get a disease, get in an accident, or if someone just wants to kill me and nothing else, and shoots me on the back of the head or something. But I'm willing to keep those risks if it means I'll never have to worry about getting anything ever again.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:58 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote: I don't regularly get shot at. Or ever, pretty much.
Nobody really thinks they will be on an accident or be the target of a bullet... until it happens and it happens every day. And being frequent is irrelevant. All it takes is once for your life to be in grave peril. Oh, not to mention when people find out you have a beam power and try to dissect you, which would probably happen if you had to use the beam to defend yourself.

In fact, IRL most or all of these powers would probably attract more problems than they are worth. At least with Buu's regeneration or ideally his body, you wouldn't have to fear for yourself.

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballer » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:13 pm

rereboy wrote:
Nobody really thinks they will be on an accident or be the target of a bullet... until it happens and it happens every day. And being frequent is irrelevant. All it takes is once for your life to be in grave peril. Oh, not to mention when people find out you have a beam power and try to dissect you, which would probably happen if you had to use the beam to defend yourself.

In fact, IRL most or all of these powers would probably attract more problems than they are worth. At least with Buu's regeneration or ideally his body, you wouldn't have to fear for yourself.
well,all of these powers,including regeneration, will atract people interested in dissecting you.

MaxZ
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by MaxZ » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:44 am

rereboy wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Buu's Candy Beam is basically an excuse to do whatever you want. You'll never want for anything ever again.
not if the bullet becomes cotton candy :lol:

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:16 am

dragonballer wrote:
rereboy wrote:

well,all of these powers,including regeneration, will atract people interested in dissecting you.
Like I said, "at least with Buu's regeneration or ideally his body, you wouldn't have to fear for yourself".
MaxZ wrote:
rereboy wrote:
not if the bullet becomes cotton candy :lol:
You wouldn't be faster than a bullet.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:07 am

One can just materialize a bulletproof shield around one self and make it invisible.
With Buu's beam only one's own lack of imagination will limit you.

Gorou
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gorou » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:09 am

But if you are talking about real utility, Boo candy Beam is arguably the most versatile and useful. Regeneration is useful only to survive to everything, while the Candy Beam is useful for everything

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:38 am

dbgtFO wrote:One can just materialize a bulletproof shield around one self and make it invisible.
As long as you notice the danger in time... As long as you have time to react... A guy sneaks up close to a guy with that ability in the street, sticks him with a sedative, and off the guys goes to dissection and study and so on while in constant sedation.
Gorou wrote:But if you are talking about real utility, Boo candy Beam is arguably the most versatile and useful. Regeneration is useful only to survive to everything, while the Candy Beam is useful for everything
It's basically only for materials things. A super-rich guy, which already can have anything by snapping his fingers, probably would only find it useful for saving time, unless we are counting the ability of the beam to heal and some other weird things.

The utility of Buu's regeneration or Buu's body can't be undercut simply by having lots of money.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:23 pm

rereboy wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:One can just materialize a bulletproof shield around one self and make it invisible.
As long as you notice the danger in time... As long as you have time to react... A guy sneaks up close to a guy with that ability in the street, sticks him with a sedative, and off the guys goes to dissection and study and so on while in constant sedation.
It does not have to come down to that. One can just produce all shields in advance, protecting oneself at all times, so noone can sneak up on you or having it come down to reaction time.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:41 pm

Definitely Instantaneous Movement...

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:21 pm

dbgtFO wrote: It does not have to come down to that. One can just produce all shields in advance, protecting oneself at all times, so noone can sneak up on you or having it come down to reaction time.
Obviously, that's not practical at all.

dragonballer
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonballer » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:32 pm

rereboy wrote:
Like I said, "at least with Buu's regeneration or ideally his body, you wouldn't have to fear for yourself".
it could be worse than death if they trap you in a lab.

but the whole operation they'll do to capture you or your escape will make a good movie.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:36 pm

dragonballer wrote:
rereboy wrote:
it could be worse than death if they trap you in a lab.

but the whole operation they'll do to capture you or your escape will make a good movie.
With Buu's regeneration, it doesn't even hurt. It's not like Piccolo where wounds actually hurt, and regeneration actually hurts. Buu gets holes that regenerate immediately without it bothering him in the least, like T-1000 from Terminator, only better. And if you had all of his body's abilities, you could turn to goo and even smoke. Trapping you would be practically impossible.
Last edited by rereboy on Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:44 pm

Where is flying? That's would be the best ability on irl

SuicidalZerg
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuicidalZerg » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:22 pm

While instantaneous movement, or Kai Kai would make getting somewhere nice and quick, I personally would like the ability to fly. Still faster than using a car, but you get to have fun doing it as well. You could perform aerial tricks in front of spectators. You'd just have to watch out for planes. (It probably really really sucks to get hit by a plane... for both you and the plane.) In otherwise inclement weather, you can always just teleport to where you want to go.

Also, Levitation (Think Piccolo lifting pyramids and stuff). Would make construction a breeze. Using Ki blasts to clear out land for said buildings quickly would also be nice.

Or using a Ki blast to start a fire. Or blasting a giant crater somewhere barren to send enough dust into the atmosphere to stave off global warming for a few years ;)

And surely if you had enough Ki you could be strong enough to not have to worry about bullets. An after-image technique, or super speed would be useful in that avenue as well.

Clothes beam is a great idea too. Just get up, shower, clothes-beam yourself. Kid arguing about what to wear? *Clothes beam*. Spill something on yourself? *Clothes beam*.
Nozawaberries commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqta3iB6ZM

Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/suicidalzerg
Planet Minecraft skins: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/son_gohan/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SC2SuicidalZerg
NA Battle tag: SuicidalZerg.158
MC username: SuicidalZerg

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:21 pm

he only question is if Buu's body is immune to poisons, deceases, biological agents and those kinds of stuff, because if it is, I think you really would be invincible, you wouldn't need his power, just his body.
Mr. Satan tries to kill him with poisoned candy or something along those lines at one point, doesn't he? And of course, it doesn't work. I know he made several failed attempts to kill Buu before finally just going with "explain to him that randomly killing people is bad," anyway, though at least some of that might have been filler.

If you're counting GT, Buu was apparently immune to Bebi's control, which would suggest that a parasite or similar wouldn't be able to do much to someone with a Buu-like body either.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:44 pm

Problem is you would still need to breathe and something like that would cut off your air... and even if it didn't it would be really impractical to walk around with it surrounding you all the time.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:50 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Problem is you would still need to breathe and something like that would cut off your air... and even if it didn't it would be really impractical to walk around with it surrounding you all the time.
Well it's magic, so I'm thinking whatever practical issues one think there should be, could be solved by simply using the magic to make shields, that are invisible, barely weighs anything, is programmed to deflect whatever you so require like bullets, syringes, certain particles in the air, and every person in the world, except those, that one trusts.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:41 am

SuicidalZerg wrote:While instantaneous movement, or Kai Kai would make getting somewhere nice and quick, I personally would like the ability to fly.
I was talking about Goku's technique.
It's called Instanteneous Movement, not Instant Transmission, or whatever the fuck dub calls it.

SuicidalZerg
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by SuicidalZerg » Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:38 am

Kuririn Fan wrote:
SuicidalZerg wrote:While instantaneous movement,...
It's called Instanteneous Movement,...

Um... Am I blind? Did I not say "instantaneous movement" in my last post?
Nozawaberries commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdqta3iB6ZM

Twitch stream: http://www.twitch.tv/suicidalzerg
Planet Minecraft skins: http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/son_gohan/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SC2SuicidalZerg
NA Battle tag: SuicidalZerg.158
MC username: SuicidalZerg